First Name
Koten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been a silent reader here trying to puzzle pieces to have an estimate on my bronco delivery. Today I received a call from my dealer with bad news. I was told that I would have to drop something like 6 out of the 7 options I added on my outer banks:
2.7 L
Tow hitch
Sasquatch
Hard Top
and so on....
Which I know will delay the process. However, I was informed this time it will most probably hit 2023 due to supply chain issues. I appreciate the honesty of my dealership. I'm just curious. Anyone else receiving these calls lately?
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard top is automatically a '23, unless you count the MIC top as a hard top. Tow seems to be the only constant that has remained consistent...

OP
OP
TheKoten

TheKoten

Outer Banks
First Name
Koten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard top is automatically a '23, unless you count the MIC top as a hard top. Tow seems to be the only constant that has remained consistent...
sorry! I should have been clear: MIC, Not Hard top..

OP
OP
TheKoten

TheKoten

Outer Banks
First Name
Koten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds fishy to me, but it depends on your reservation date/time. What is your date/time?
I'm a pretty late reservation actually: 10/27/2020
However, the dealer told me that I was 5th in line for the 2022 models and didn't have to change to a soft top to fasten things up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford will be building Bronco's throughout the year with all of those options.

The pickle the dealer has put you in is that they have probably consumed through much of their 2022 allocation ordering the dreaded Big Bend 2.3 Auto Softie. What they didn't tell you was that because they have done that it jumped orders in front of yours. Consequently, you have moved towards the back of their allocation line with the Bronco you want.

OP
OP
TheKoten

TheKoten

Outer Banks
First Name
Koten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The pickle the dealer has put you in is that they have probably consumed through much of their 2022 allocation ordering the dreaded Big Bend 2.3 Auto Softie. What they didn't tell you was that because they have done that it jumped orders in front of yours. Consequently, you have moved towards the back of their allocation line with the Bronco you want.
Wow! Never thought something like this could happen! Thanks!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been a silent reader here trying to puzzle pieces to have an estimate on my bronco delivery. Today I received a call from my dealer with bad news. I was told that I would have to drop something like 6 out of the 7 options I added on my outer banks:
2.7 L
Tow hitch
Sasquatch
Hard Top
and so on....
Which I know will delay the process. However, I was informed this time it will most probably hit 2023 due to supply chain issues. I appreciate the honesty of my dealership. I'm just curious. Anyone else receiving these calls lately?
Sounds fishy to me. This sounds more like a dealer allocation issue (like they ran through their MY22 allocations) than a Ford supply chain issue.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2.7 L
Tow hitch
Sasquatch
Hard Top
and so on....
I was told last year when I re-ordered that it would probably be 2023.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
this and if you convert to raptor youā€™ll have a better chance. I honestly think itā€™s BS raptor orders will no doubt poach hard tops from people who have been waiting forever...including my wife.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
this and if you convert to raptor youā€™ll have a better chance. I honestly think itā€™s BS raptor orders will no doubt poach hard tops from people who have been waiting forever...including my wife.
Concerning that no one on here has reported that they have a dealer that will swap their reservation for a Raptor at MSRP. All reported at 5 figure ADM....

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Concerning that no one on here has reported that they have a dealer that will swap their reservation for a Raptor at MSRP. All reported at 5 figure ADM....
I think most dealers, I know our dealer is waiting for Feb 11 or 14 canā€™t remember when Ford is suppose to send out more info...could be wrong but I remember something about one of those dates. Our dealer wouldnā€™t even speculate on pricing until they hear more from Ford.

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

I ordered a Big Bend 2.3 7 MT softy, so I wonā€™t be offended by your ā€˜dreaded Big Bend 2.3 autoā€™ comment šŸ˜†

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Painted Hard Top/Molded in Color Hard Top. Both are hard tops just different types

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% soft top converts are eating up dealer allocation, especially if they remove tow. Here is the example:

Dealer allocation is 200. Youā€™re sitting at 100, so June timeframe. 100 new orders are placed or even reservations converted to soft top without towing. Now your #100 gets pushed to #200 and in to 2023 you go.

I say this as a soft top no-tow person who ordered in January and already has a VIN. Iā€™m keeping my open 2020 reservation too. You never know. If it makes you feel better, thereā€™s nothing the dealer can do about this.
Sponsored