dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

Updated with official Ford press release:

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside
Bronco_4D_Camping_05.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

Sleeping area large enough for the tallest campers

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

Plenty of room for gear, too

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

Bronco_4D_Camping_01.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_02.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_03.jpg

Bronco_4D_Camping_04.jpg
so does this mean that the rear seats are going to fold down completely flat now? This would be a change major design change from what Ford has previously said regarding the rear seats would fold down.
Previously, Ford said the rear seats would be raised up approximately 3 to fo 4 inches when folded down.
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure someone will come up with a inflatable mattress that fits that footprint. Just plug it in and air it up. I believe the late availability shelf will chew up valuable real estate in the back. An air mattress will be easy to store and not take up any of that space.
What is blowing my mind is folks considering cancelling over the 4” step. For cargo it shouldn’t matter... you have more room than if it were flat. When it’s flat it’s usually because there is a spare tire underneath lmaoo

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm, just buy a $30 tent?! I'm not buying this as my camper.
And the good news is, with a Bronco I can get a nice big-ass tent to throw in the back and get out of the little 2-man dome I use on my motorcycles :)

Heck, maybe a proper camp chair and a cot!

Livin' the dream!

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Read the thread. Look at the pictures. It has the fold out tailgate and the seats don't fold flat without it.
Look at the picture, the rea
Read the thread. Look at the pictures. It has the fold out tailgate and the seats don't fold flat without it.
Look at the picture, it's a 4 door Bronco with the rear seats folded down and their hands are up agains the front seats.

bronco_4d_camping_01-jpg.jpg

I did read it and that's all fine for a model that comes out late next year,
So another option that's not even going to be available order.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the red Bronco is rocking don't come a knocking

It is what it is for an impromptu nap, just like any SUV.....if they are way out in the wilderness though do they have a giant pile of all their stuff over by the bushes?

SassieGuido

Badlands
First Name
Ronda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volvo V70, 1997 Toyota Tacoma, 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks small - and it is a 4 door. I thought I read somewhere a while back that there is at least 6 feet of space between driver's seat and tailgate - is the guy in the picture 7 feet?

Also notice how both his legs are not straight? Both feet will not fit into the corner, so one leg is bent. Marketing people should not have shown pictures like this or even promote this idea if it is not possible. Sleep in the back with the door open in rough country, enjoy the wildlife. If this were the outdoors plan, I would get a truck with a longer area to actually sleep in without opening doors or being cramped by sleeping with one leg bent.

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area bronco_4d_camping_01-

It says two 6 foot 6 campers will fit side by side with the seats fully forward, or one camper up to 7 foot 10 sleeping diagonally. That must be the tall guy ?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the good news is, with a Bronco I can get a nice big-ass tent to throw in the back and get out of the little 2-man dome I use on my motorcycles :)

Heck, maybe a proper camp chair and a cot!

Livin' the dream!
I couldn’t agree more. I’ve done the RTT thing, the GFC camper thing, and countless other camping gear solutions. For me, it’s damn hard to top a well made ground tent, big fat sleeping pad, fluffy down bag and a splash of rye. Sure I may sleep inside the Bronco now and then if I build or find a leveling solution but the slide out tailgate is not a big deal for me. I’d rather see what the aftermarket comes up with. Plus, what’s going on under the floor of the rear cargo area? I’d assume that’s where the bottle jack & such is located.

⚡?⚡

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey all, couldn't find if this was posted yet. There isn't a lot of new info here but there is two photos I don't think we have seen before. Not great photos, but might help give some people perspective on sleeping in the bronco.

All-New Bronco Four-Door SUV: Rugged Enough to Take Adventurers Further Into the Wild, Roomy Enough to Camp Inside
Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area bronco_4d_camping_01-

DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 12, 2020 – Built to take adventures further, the all new Built Wild™ 2021 Bronco® four-door rugged SUV is designed to be the ultimate Bronco destination vehicle with ample room, smart features and accessories to haul outdoor gear inside and to comfortably sleep two when the day winds down.

“We spent a lot of time engaging in the outdoors with off-road enthusiasts and understood Bronco had to elevate the off-road camping experience with cleverness and comfort,” said Bill Mangan, Bronco chief interior designer. “So we made sure our four-door models could accommodate in-car camping and we followed it with best in class overall openness with the top removed so campers can enjoy spectacular nighttime views.”

With a large rear cargo area in back, the rear sleeping area of all-new 2021 Bronco four-door SUV has more than 21-square feet and a maximum enclosed rear area length of 6 feet, 6 inches with the seats positioned forward and the rear seats folded down and 3 feet, 7 inches wide with 10 extra inches of elbow room in the door area. Extra tall campers, up to 7 feet, 6 inches tall, can stretch out a little more by moving the front seats forward and sleeping diagonally.

With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year, sleeping comfort can be extended more than a foot in length to increase the diagonal length to 8 feet, 9 inches.

For unforgettable views of the stars and room for side-by-side sleeping bags, the Bronco four-door variety of tops available make open-air adventures quick and easy. From the retractable soft top to the available lightweight hard tops – all can be removed to reveal the 13.3 square foot open top – for the best-in-class second row and overall openness with the top removed.

If hauling outdoor gear is the priority, the 83 cubic-foot rear cargo area on the standard four-door soft top Bronco SUVs cargo area (77.6 cubic feet with optional hard top) offers more volume with the second-row seats folded down than the four-door Jeep Wrangler. Two-door Bronco models also offer a roomy rear cargo area with 52.3 cubic-foot rear cargo area with the second-row seats folded down and a maximum length of 46.1 inches.

There’s room for gear up top as well. When 2021 Bronco two- and four-door SUVs arrive at Ford dealerships next year, there will be more than 200 Ford licensed accessories available including Platform roof carriers and Heavy Duty (HD) two person tents by Yakima® to complete the outdoor experience. All can be specified when customers order their vehicles, be included in the vehicle financing and installed at the dealer.

“Bronco is designed to be more than just the rugged 4x4 that gets you there, but also the destination in itself,” Mangan said. “You can have fun all day running in the desert sands or crawling along rocky trails – and at the end of the day, it’s your base camp and place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.”

This is more bullshit from Ford

"With the Bronco four-door optional slide-out tailgate that arrives late next year".
More late availability bullshit from Ford.
is this going to be another option we have to ask for as late availability or should just have the option of converting our 2021 reservation to 2022 while Ford gets their shit together.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Confirms 2 door, not that I was ever considering a 4 door.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most of my camping features either bears or bugs as potential visitors. leaving the swing gate open is not advised.
Bugs are one thing, but the thought of a racoon jumping up in there with me.... yikes! Or even worse, a deer!!!

Ford Bronco Camping in a Bronco 4 Door + Measurements for Rear Sleeping Area tommy boy deer

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Easy fix for the 2 door... take ALL the seats out. I have a milk crate I'll be using as a driver seat while not in "camp mode"
The Japanese Kamikazi pilots had their legs removed to fit in the plane I heard. So if your getting the two door for sleeping inside there is one option or else get the roof top tent. I am on the fence and don't plan on doing any hiking.
Sponsored