Sponsored

Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

GT3Mike

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Macan, Fiat Cab
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just don’t understand what Chevy was thinking with the Blazer. Why keep the name Blazer while morphing it into a purely on-road vehicle?

I’m biased but I think Ford won this round.
Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1069E602-BBDA-48E5-972A-82385C4DFB4C

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1069E602-BBDA-48E5-972A-82385C4DFB4C
Yeah, but it took 25 years to bring it back? American car manufacturers are so lame how they make decisions through the years. Roger Smith woke me up about this over 50 years ago.

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not a GM exec, but if I were I would tell you, “ the success of the Bronco re-launch has demonstrated that the risk is not as high as I once thought it was” (which was kinda the whole point of my comment)

As for low return, that‘s subjective so I’m not able to address it either as a pretend GM exec or an average slob who knows nothing about running a car manufacturing business. I can only assume that the Ford execs thinks the return is pretty decent or we wouldn’t be here today.
You're right, it'll be a long time before we know if ford makes back R&D costs, but I'd go a step further and say GM recognizes that they're to late to be profitable.

Also the big K5 was never really a profitable truck. And never competed in the Jeep market. That's what a lot of people miss, that and the change in chasis on the Bronco to compete with Chevy neber paid off for either group.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True to a certain extent. Other areas of the world they have the 70 series which is the true evolution of land cruiser.

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. full-size-chevrolet-blazer-modern-k5-is-out-for-ford-bronco-blood-146332_1
You're missing the most popular version. The one with a DsHK mounted at the back!

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maverick used to be a car.

Neps

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MX-5, Focus EV, F150, F350, Scout II (2)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford and Chevy are not competing here. And Ford (or anyone) has yet to win against the reigning champion which is Jeep. Jeep has defended against the FJ40, the Landrover and Discover 90/110, the G1 Bronco (G2-G5 were noncompetes) and International Harvester. Suzuki does give them a run with their Jinmy when people want soml, but otherwise Jeep reigns Supreme.
You seem to have forgotten that Jeep was originally designed by bantam and manufactured by Willys and Ford. In fact Ford manufactured Jeeps longer than the current (foreign) owners of Jeep - Stellantis. Ford designed the classic Jeep slotted grill, you could say the most iconic emblem of Jeep was created by Ford.

Just how many companies which were involved in Jeep manufacturing have gone out of business? I'd say if your business goes under, you're not winning :) Jeep as a brand was first introduced by AMC.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jeeps. Unfortunately, in my experience most Jeep owners believe (apparently- like you) that nothing can compare to their choice. I like Broncos, G-Waggons, 4Runners, Wranglers, Defenders, Patrols, OKA, all have their place.

P.S. I own Snap-on, Craftsman, SK, Proto, Wera, Wiha, even have some Stanley and Harbor Freight stuff. Each tool has benefits and drawbacks.

Sponsored

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like Dodge putting four doors on a Charger, making a small hatchback Charger in the ‘80’s. and GM/Pontiac making an Australian-built, front wheel drive GTO. Ignorant.
I’m biased, but Holdens are the best GM products period. In 16 years of combined ownership and 120k miles 0 maintenance but oil changes. 400 hp to the front wheels would be crazy torque steer but I never felt it lol.

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m biased, but Holdens are the best GM products period. In 16 years of combined ownership and 120k miles 0 maintenance but oil changes. 400 hp to the front wheels would be crazy torque steer but I never felt it lol.
I may have been wrong about fwd on the gto. I thought the Holden Ute was a pretty cool vehicle which I saw a ton of while visiting Australia in 2012. Sort of a modern day 1960’s Ford Ranchero.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget the Opel when GM owned that. I had a Buick Regal TourX which was a badge engineered Opel and it was a great car. TourX sales were miserable but then Buick had no idea how to market the car.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget the Opel when GM owned that. I had a Buick Regal TourX which was a badge engineered Opel and it was a great car. TourX sales were miserable but then Buick had no idea how to market the car.
Drove an Opel GT. "Baby Vette" fun car to drive...

Ford Bronco Can’t believe these 2 vehicles used to resemble each other. 1673591254692
Sponsored