Sponsored

Can’t convert reservation because out of state dealer won’t return calls or email

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Help!! My out of state dealer had advertised and then agreed to a very competitive under MSRP price. After holding out for a painted hardtop, I’m now forced, but so ready to convert my day #1 reservation to an order. However after 4 weeks of trying, I can’t get my listed dealer to return my phone calls or emails. I’m at a loss! They’ve been after me in the past to convert, but now they are invisible. What are my options? I’m now 20 days out from the conversion deadline and am compelled to do whatever it takes. Secondly, if I must change dealers, who would give me MSRP or less?
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you tried to contact them under the guise of a new vehicle purchase? When a sales person or manager speaks with you, see what they say?

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you tried to contact them under the guise of a new vehicle purchase? When a sales person or manager speaks with you, see what they say?
They have a single person handling all new bronco orders. I’ve left messages with Sales but still no call back.

Xrayphoton1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Damn. May have to go in person. Give them no choice. Or have a friend call so they don't recognize the name or number

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The changing dealer window closed a very long time ago.
You have to find a way to make this work or you'll be out.

Start contacting the General Manager and every other Ford person with any juice you can squeeze.
Time for the full court press.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This whole thing has been a mess. IMO a personal visit may be worth it if you want to be converted to an order. It is in the dealers best interest to not convert you and let FOMOCO cancel you order by default on the 21st. Your other option is to enter a new order when ordering is opened up again, not the option that I would like to take but your choice.

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since they tried to get you to convert before , something tells me its no longer yours

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

sounds like they converted yours without you knowing and sold to someone else.... long ago
I still have my reservation showing on the Ford website, with their Ready to Order notation.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Help!! My out of state dealer had advertised and then agreed to a very competitive under MSRP price. After holding out for a painted hardtop, I’m now forced, but so ready to convert my day #1 reservation to an order. However after 4 weeks of trying, I can’t get my listed dealer to return my phone calls or emails. I’m at a loss! They’ve been after me in the past to convert, but now they are invisible. What are my options? I’m now 20 days out from the conversion deadline and am compelled to do whatever it takes. Secondly, if I must change dealers, who would give me MSRP or less?
What dealer / state? Chances are someone here has done business with them and would have insight or could potentially help? Walk in there with you on FaceTime/ speakerphone or something.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you never converted the reservation into an order you may still be able to transfer it to another dealer but you will need to call Ford CS and get them working on it immediately. If an order has already been placed under your reservation you will not be able to move it and will have to update/place an order with your current dealer. From everything that I have read and heard, MB and Carlos have been great to work with and have honored the original deal and all applicable price protections. Keep bugging them.

OP
OP
Beachcrawler

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you never converted the reservation into an order you may still be able to transfer it to another dealer but you will need to call Ford CS and get them working on it immediately. If an order has already been placed under your reservation you will not be able to move it and will have to update/place an order with your current dealer. From everything that I have read and heard, MB and Carlos have been great to work with and have honored the original deal and all applicable price protections. Keep bugging them.
I called this morning and Carlos is on vacation and will be back Tuesday of next week. Still unsure why he hasn’t returned correspondence prior to his vacation, but I’m in limbo for now. I’d heard nothing but good about them as well, which was why I went with them. Hopefully it’s all just a misunderstanding or miscommunication and I’ll be able to convert my reservation on Tuesday! My wife has been with me while I’ve driven a Bronco locally and is now a huge fan and considering a two door Bronco as her next ride (in 2024). I’d be all in on the stable!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is in the dealers best interest to not convert you and let FOMOCO cancel you order by default on the 21st.
With COVP it's definitely in their interest to convert you. They shouldn't be able to sell it from under you (in theory) and every sale helps the allocation.

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now I know exactly which dealer you're talking about. I called numerous times to try to place an order with them late last year and never heard a peep. It was always some form of:

• Carlos is out of the office.
  • Carlos is with a customer.
  • Carlos is hiding under his desk.
  • Carlos is ignoring your voicemails.

MichiganMichael

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport, '22 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With COVP it's definitely in their interest to convert you. They shouldn't be able to sell it from under you (in theory) and every sale helps the allocation.
SHOULD being the operative word. I had a dealer push my reservation because I had bought a truck from them, and they figured I didn't want it. Didn't realize it till I got the phot of it going down the line. I wasn't in a position to purchase it at the time so I let it go.... I still had another reservation at a different dealer that's actually a fair, equitable dealer. Should have gone with them from the get go.

Dealers can and will do shady stuff. Especially when Ford only holds them to a ~75% name match requirement. And even then, dealers can file exceptions for various reasons.
Sponsored