Sponsored

Can you help me solve the problem of the 12V power supply in the rear cargo area? Thank you!

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could you please tell me how many watts of equipment can this 12V power supply in the rear cargo area carry? I connected ECOFLOW(ECOFLOW 882Wh) to it to obtain continuous charging while driving, but I found that the joint would be hot to the touch, and then there was a poor contact. After I took it apart, I found that the yellow part had melted a little. After adjusting it at will, it seemed to have It's back to normal. I plan to buy another original spare part as a spare. Where can I find this spare part? I saw similar accessories on eBay, but they were not shipped from the United States.

Ford Bronco Can you help me solve the problem of the 12V power supply in the rear cargo area? Thank you! IMG_9993.JPG
Ford Bronco Can you help me solve the problem of the 12V power supply in the rear cargo area? Thank you! IMG_9996.JPG

Ford Bronco Can you help me solve the problem of the 12V power supply in the rear cargo area? Thank you! ęˆŖ屏2024-01-23 12.58.32
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Itā€™s on a 20A fuse so ā€¦ 250W give or take?

This isnā€™t the first post Iā€™ve seen with issues charging a battery generator from the 12V socket. Not sure if the socket is undersized or if the generators donā€™t properly limit their charging ā€¦

Alassise

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier to use the Bronco 110v power outlet on the cabin? Using the 12V plug in the rear will charge your Ecoflow in 9 hrs of continuous power. That might be the reason is melting (don't know how long it took for yours to melt), but it shouldn't at all. It's not overloading as the fuse did not blow, so you might have a faulty connector/outlet. See if the dealer troubleshoots it under warranty.

OP
OP
OWEN

OWEN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier to use the Bronco 110v power outlet on the cabin? Using the 12V plug in the rear will charge your Ecoflow in 9 hrs of continuous power. That might be the reason is melting (don't know how long it took for yours to melt), but it shouldn't at all. It's not overloading as the fuse did not blow, so you might have a faulty connector/outlet. See if the dealer troubleshoots it under warranty.
I think it's melting caused by loose contact.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wouldn't it be easier to use the Bronco 110v power outlet on the cabin?
Supposedly - most of these battery generators are supposed to just trickle charge if you use a 12V source (like 100W or so), but if they are plugged into 110V socket they assume you are on grid and will go into berserko-fast charging mode and pull all they can safely pull.

The Bronco power point is only rated for about 400W, whereas a home outlet could deliver 1500-1800W.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ran an extension cord from the inverter outlet on the back of the center console to the cargo area. My ecoflow fridge plugs into that and is able to pull 200 watts.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting. I keep blowing the fuse too. I thought I was losing my mind or that I had some deeper issues. But, maybe it was just when I was charging my Bluetti. I guess Iā€™ll replace the fuse and no longer use it for that.

I just started feeding the wiring for the ARB heavy duty outlet. Getting through that grommet behind the coolant reservoir was a pain in the arse. The rest should be pretty easy. Just need to figure out where to mount it since I have cargo molle panels.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some of those power stations let you set how much power it pulls from AC adapters, mine does not. My Ecoflow Glacier's AC adapter uses an XT60 connector to the fridge, and only pulls 200W and tolerates the modified sine wave from the Bronco's inverter. That connection will charge the fridge's internal 300Wh battery about 25-30% every 30m the vehicle's engine is running.

I can also use that same power supply with my Anker 757 power station's solar charging input. If I plug the Anker directly into AC power, it attempts to pull 1200 watts and trips the circuit. So what I've been doing is connecting like so:

Bronco inverterter port -> Ecoflow AC adapter @200w > Anker solar port > USB-C from Anker to Glacier's USB-C port @60w

This setup ensures:
1) my fridge's battery is always at 100% or close to it
2) charging only happens when the engine is running
3) all excess power is dumped right back into the Anker battery

When I STOP moving and setup camp. I connect the battery to a 100w solar panel.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Could you please tell me how many watts of equipment can this 12V power supply in the rear cargo area carry? I connected ECOFLOW(ECOFLOW 882Wh) to it to obtain continuous charging while driving, but I found that the joint would be hot to the touch, and then there was a poor contact. After I took it apart, I found that the yellow part had melted a little. After adjusting it at will, it seemed to have It's back to normal. I plan to buy another original spare part as a spare. Where can I find this spare part? I saw similar accessories on eBay, but they were not shipped from the United States.

Ford Bronco Can you help me solve the problem of the 12V power supply in the rear cargo area? Thank you! ęˆŖ屏2024-01-23 12.58.32

Quick question, how difficult is it to remove the 12v outlet from the panel? I want to add a USP dock at the rear and don't care to take the side panel off at this time.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question, how difficult is it to remove the 12v outlet from the panel? I want to add a USP dock at the rear and don't care to take the side panel off at this time.
You can get to the back of that panel if you pop off the smaller trim piece that hides the soft top attachment bolts, though the panel also pulls away from the body pretty easily. I can't speak to what it takes to remove the socket fully, but I was able to get in there and add a tap off that circuit without removing the panel.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

You can get to the back of that panel if you pop off the smaller trim piece that hides the soft top attachment bolts, though the panel also pulls away from the body pretty easily. I can't speak to what it takes to remove the socket fully, but I was able to get in there and add a tap off that circuit without removing the panel.
Thank you, do you recall the hot wire color by chance?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you, do you recall the hot wire color by chance?
You can see alot of what you're asking about in this install video from our very own @popo_patty

I still need to reinstall that solution actually, I removed it from my soft top and have been holding off installing it to the Turn Offroad glass because I plan to swap it for the glass that has the defroster and wiper assembly.

EDIT: Let me also say, that light is bright as hell, I wish there was a dimmer inline and the ability to switch over to amber or red for night time. I may look for another strip that can add these.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You can see alot of what you're asking about in this install video from our very own @popo_patty

I still need to reinstall that solution actually, I removed it from my soft top and have been holding off installing it to the Turn Offroad glass because I plan to swap it for the glass that has the defroster and wiper assembly.

EDIT: Let me also say, that light is bright as hell, I wish there was a dimmer inline and the ability to switch over to amber or red for night time. I may look for another strip that can add these.
Oof, my old videos make me cringe šŸ˜¬. Glad itā€™s helpful though!
Sponsored