Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As others have said here, take your time Ford & get this right. I would rather wait a few months longer then have my new vehicle in the shop constantly for repairs.

The longer the wait the more I can pay off my current car & the more I'll have for my bronco ?
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you're wrong on the 'nothing super cheap that is reliable', because I currently have exactly that. Nobody said anything about 'smart'.
What is your definition of super cheap? Do you live in Florida? That really doesn't exist here, as I explained in my previous comment. I speak from my own experience as well as experience of friends attempting to purchase vehicles for their teenagers. It literally is a months long process in my area to locate a reasonably priced used 4x4, let alone a "super cheap" one.

The smart comment relates to not seeming to understand that people have different situations and your solution is not the only, or even the best, one out there. Maybe cocky, brash, or judgmental are better words to use? Sorry I called you smart. :LOL:

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most importantly, there are way too many on this site that think that every person who reserved should be a Bronco enthusiast. There are not 190,000 or anywhere close to that who have waited since 1996 and will wait indefinitely for the new Bronco. A lot of people think it is really cool and they want one. Reality sets in and that cool Bronco isnā€™t worth the wait.
This is really accurate. I (like many) have been guilty at being very critical of Ford for what they have seemingly did wrong along the way

On the opposite end of the spectrum there are a lot who seemingly will stay secured to Fordā€™s teat no matter what they do because itā€™s a Bronco.

The vast majority though (and me on most days) looks at this as a vehicle and need to weigh if the potential upside matches the wait.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I was tagged, I figured I'd add my 2 cents.

Cancellations are inevitable. If I have a potential customer that commits to purchasing a car and doesn't take delivery within a few days of the agreement. We definitely start to see a higher rate of someone backing out of a deal.

It is not surprising by any means that there will be a high "cancellation rate" when you're making a commitment to something that at a minimum is 12 months out, but for many may be 18 to 24 months out.

My opinion is that Ford's total reservation count adding new reservations and subtracting cancellations peaked in Late August or September (I have no date to back that up, just a guess). Then it is slowly tapering down now with less total reservations now than from that time frame. I by no means, think it is falling off a cliff or a mass cancellation by a lot of reservation holders. I'm sure one could argue that a large portion of these reservation holders in all likelihood would have cancelled regardless of there being additional delays o rnot.

I'm not sure our reservation count is typical of other dealers but we've seen approximately 5-6% of our total reservation count cancel monthly in the month of October, November, and December. We have received transfers and new reservations in that time. So our net count is within 2-3% of our highest total reservation number.

Where the rubber meets the road is the end of March once all orders have been placed, deposits have been taken, and a real commitment has been made. My guess from the start has been that total orders that end up being delivered to customers will be 40%. So if a dealer has 100 reservations their total sold units from those customers will be 40.

If any of you have the answer to what exactly that number ends up being, I am sure we have a job for you! :)

XTurtle

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The price adjustment for 10at was the final straw for me, and I cancelled yesterday.
I still love the thought of the Bronco, and plan on looking at one again down the road, but there have been just too many issues that make me hesitant to give Ford that much money at this time.

I loved the idea of doors and top off, but I donā€™t overland, we donā€™t trailrun here, so there were a lot more wants than needs. Then after pricing and looking at what my family could get out of the nearly 50k we would have spent here, there are too many creature comforts and practical options for much less.

I sold my car a few months ago and have been fortunate not to need one immediately. As the last couple months have gone on, Iā€™ve read diff magazines like motortrend and car and driver where I can get other vehicles that check off other boxes, some for considerably less money.

I thought I was in the die hard wait and Bronco group, but my priorities and wants have changed, and I can see that happening for many others as well. Itā€™s a long wait and a lot of money for a majority of people.
Im still going to lurk here because the Bronco is still a great looking ride, and Iā€™m open to owning one in the future, but itā€™s not in the cards for 2021 for me, in addition to the 2 in the article ?

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your definition of super cheap? Do you live in Florida? That really doesn't exist here, as I explained in my previous comment. I speak from my own experience as well as experience of friends attempting to purchase vehicles for their teenagers. It literally is a months long process in my area to locate a reasonably priced used 4x4, let alone a "super cheap" one.

The smart comment relates to not seeming to understand that people have different situations and your solution is not the only, or even the best, one out there. Maybe cocky, brash, or judgmental are better words to use? Sorry I called you smart. :LOL:

Well you didn't, you said you weren't as smart as everyone else. Can't imagine that's true.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's my take. As long as it took me to make the decision on the trim, the color, and accessory packages I ain't about to quit now. Damnit, I didn't put myself through all of that to give up now. :)

Plus, if I tell the spouse I'm canceling she may just cancel me for the crap I've put her through talking about the Bronco.

I do understand others have situations that will cause them the need to cancel. So far for me, that hasn't happened.

Last edited:

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is news? Of course there are going to be cancellations! A reservation is only $100 and fully refundable. Clicking on a button is a lot different than laying down $40,000+ or committing to paying for it for the next 7 years. Sure delays will cause some cancellations, but the worst thing Ford could do is rush into production. I sure hope quality is Job #1, not meeting a production date! The real test is not how many reservations convert, but how well it sells once the hype is over and lots are full of Broncos. Ford is well aware of this. Reading these posts reservation holders think it's only about them. Sorry folks, its not. A reservation is only a place in line, it doesn't grantee delivery date, availability of options, top color, or price, and Ford has been clear on that. It's amusing how someone buys a completely different vehicle (pickup truck), then comes on here and rails how Ford is losing focus. Seriously I don't blame them, but how likely is it that these individuals were going to wait until late 2021 even without delays? And of course you can get a better deal on a vehicle that people are not lining up and taking numbers to buy! Funny -- all this Hate for Ford on this site, yet this thing is getting outstanding reviews. I've heard things like "exceeds all of our expectations", "out of the park home run", "jeep killer", from well known sources anything but Ford fan clubs. Aside from loving its deign and looks this is what sold me, not the Bronco name or off road capability.

jclaypool83

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, 6.7L 2500 RAM, FOCUS RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really accurate. I (like many) have been guilty at being very critical of Ford for what they have seemingly did wrong along the way

On the opposite end of the spectrum there are a lot who seemingly will stay secured to Fordā€™s teat no matter what they do because itā€™s a Bronco.

The vast majority though (and me on most days) looks at this as a vehicle and need to weigh if the potential upside matches the wait.
I will be honest, I've been in the car industry for over 18 years. I've worked for major import brands, German and Japanese. These incorrect issues of public facing info would never happen with these other brands. Pricing and build would not have so many errors with such a extended time for public correction. Ford is playing catch up, I know covid19 has affected all of our lives. This vehicles was announced during the middle of this mess. They should have been better prepared and shouldn't have announced until they had a vetted production, parts and public release schedule set in stone. I know parts availability would be a problem, they are in all releases but really comes down to communication with clients and dealers.

I will be buying a bronco because I want it and have been waiting for a long time. So don't know if I'm going to take my 7/13 reservation, or hold off until later model years. Ford knows most people will and yell and shout, but at the end the day they will still buy from them because it's going to be a awesome competitor to the Jeep

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All the discussions of people dropping their reservations or Ford messing up a roll out killing said reservation list...I don't know. We've seen less than 20 individuals on here actually post up the deletion of their reservation/purchase of a new ride. Lots of chatter but have we really seen a huge fall off, even with delays and price changes? Doesn't seem so. Lots of complaining for sure, but not so much on the cancellation. At least not here.
EXACTLY!

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting it out, but I don't wanna see more "Factory models" and "driveby" bullshit when they're also like "Summer*", and nothing more

Hurry the fuck up already

Dwolen

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will be honest, I've been in the car industry for over 18 years. I've worked for major import brands, German and Japanese. These incorrect issues of public facing info would never happen with these other brands. Pricing and build would not have so many errors with such a extended time for public correction. Ford is playing catch up, I know covid19 has affected all of our lives. This vehicles was announced during the middle of this mess. They should have been better prepared and shouldn't have announced until they had a vetted production, parts and public release schedule set in stone. I know parts availability would be a problem, they are in all releases but really comes down to communication with clients and dealers.

I will be buying a bronco because I want it and have been waiting for a long time. So don't know if I'm going to take my 7/13 reservation, or hold off until later model years. Ford knows most people will and yell and shout, but at the end the day they will still buy from them because it's going to be a awesome competitor to the Jeep
Very interesting take and likely very accurate. That said, we can all agree that year one will be critical once they hit the roads and in our hands

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
The price adjustment for 10at was the final straw for me, and I cancelled yesterday.
I still love the thought of the Bronco, and plan on looking at one again down the road, but there have been just too many issues that make me hesitant to give Ford that much money at this time.

I loved the idea of doors and top off, but I donā€™t overland, we donā€™t trailrun here, so there were a lot more wants than needs. Then after pricing and looking at what my family could get out of the nearly 50k we would have spent here, there are too many creature comforts and practical options for much less.

I sold my car a few months ago and have been fortunate not to need one immediately. As the last couple months have gone on, Iā€™ve read diff magazines like motortrend and car and driver where I can get other vehicles that check off other boxes, some for considerably less money.

I thought I was in the die hard wait and Bronco group, but my priorities and wants have changed, and I can see that happening for many others as well. Itā€™s a long wait and a lot of money for a majority of people.
Im still going to lurk here because the Bronco is still a great looking ride, and Iā€™m open to owning one in the future, but itā€™s not in the cards for 2021 for me, in addition to the 2 in the article ?
Hi there. Naturally you can get a better deal on a vehicle people are not standing in line to buy, but I think the mistake a lot of people make is concentrating only on costly top trim models. Why get Badlands or Sasquatch if you don't rock crawl? The base model is still a "real" Bronco, has removable doors & top, and despite what you hear on this site has pretty much all the common options and then some. Just today I read someone saying the base model doesn't have any creature comforts -- like what -- heated leather seats? I just rented a car with this and automatic everything I HATE IT. Have to go to a menu to change the temperature! I wish the base Bronco had less -- not more of this nonsense. Just me I know -- but seriously the base Bronco is pretty reasonable compared to most any SUV and is still pretty damn cool.

Joendoodle

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 2- Corvettes
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Once enthused, I'm now on the fence.

Less excited than initially,

My "assigned dealer" / salesperson has been 100% unresponsive to my questions.
Going thru the "build it" online my desired Bronco will be well over $40K.
Because of the way the packages MUST be bundled I cannot get the options I want with a manual transmission.. to me the manual transmission is the feature I singled out as to why A Bronco could join my fleet..
(I know it is a different animal, but..) I saw a Bronco "Sport" on the road.. totally unimpressive...
My intention was to "add" to my fleet, however @ the excessive cost it's capability it would be more practical to replace my F150 with a Super Duty or my FORD dealer continues to displease a GM HD.
Sponsored