Sponsored

Capt. Obvious Transmission/Trim PSA: if considering a manual, try to find one you can test drive - even if used

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed an order for a 2-door manual Big Bend non-SAS at the end of October. The only 2-door models at dealers close by at the time were SAS. I test drove a 2-door BD automatic SAS at my local dealer more for fit (6'5") and driving position than anything else...and then placed my order.

As I am sure many others have done, I started second guessing my trim choice....looking for a personal unicorn of manual, 2-door, heated seats, upgraded lights, drain-plug floor and off-road capability to grow into as I have more time for off-roading as I head into retirement......meaning in my personal Calculus I should consider a Badlands.

Fast forward to this week - was able to test drive low mileage used 2023 2-door non-SAS BB and Badlands models within about an hour of each other at different dealers. Man did that help.....not only settling on Badlands and testing out the entry height between the 2 non-SAS models, but also loving the personality that comes out of this truck with the manual.

Order is now 2-door non-SAS manual Badlands :cool:
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the non-Sas Badlands. The ones I've seen look pretty great. I think there's even some benefits to a BL non-Sas which I can't recall right now.

You gotta get a lift though so you just slide in instead of sit down... lol

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice choice. I like the non squatch Badlands myself. Crazy me ordered a manual without road testing beforehand, but I wanted that deep final drive ratio. Luckily I saw a BB for sale at a dealer down the street, after I had placed the order, and it was a 7mt. So I took it for a quick road test, and yes, I made the right choice.

The Badlands is the no compromise package I think. Washout floors, simple interior, all the offroad goodies we could want. And the vinyl seats are super comfortable to boot.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good choice sir. If I didn’t need a family vehicle and had an extra 10k, that would be my decision as well. Perhaps one day.

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good choice sir. If I didn’t need a family vehicle and had an extra 10k, that would be my decision as well. Perhaps one day.
yes - kids are grown, making this possible

Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been particularly passionate (aka: angry) about this topic in the past. But yes... if you want the Sasquatch package with a manual transmission, there is two obvious options:

- Heritage
- Badlands non-Sasquatch

Considering the difficulties around manufacturing for the 2-door Heritage and the fact that there are basically none available out in the wild... the Badlands is looking mighty fine right now.

If you only need a rear locking axle... Big Bend is king. Black Diamond is now worthless.

That concludes my mini-TED talk.
Correct. But my ‘23 Black Diamond MT with Advanced 4wd is perfect. Getting Bilstein 5100’s for a 1” lift and 33’s for the trails and eventually dedicated winter 32’s. If I were ordering today non-squatch Badlands.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get a non black /white /grey color since you are ordering and can choice something other than a fleet vehical color

OP
OP
Lujess

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. But my ‘23 Black Diamond MT with Advanced 4wd is perfect. Getting Bilstein 5100’s for a 1” lift and 33’s for the trails and eventually dedicated winter 32’s. If I were ordering today non-squatch Badlands.
BD was my original Intended choice for my '24 order, until I learned that you can't choose manual with the mid package in that trim for '24
Sponsored