Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you have this and the doors off or bronco unlocked.Couldnt a person just use the unlock door button to get into the cage!!
Only if they have a key. The door lock controls are on the doors. I haven't had out doors on but someone tested in this thread and said when the doors are installed the unlock button will not work without a key present to prevent someone from cutting the soft top and pressing the unlock button located on the door.

The cargo area door locks and remains locked when the doors are off.
Sponsored

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only if they have a key. The door lock controls are on the doors. I haven't had out doors on but someone tested in this thread and said when the doors are installed the unlock button will not work without a key present to prevent someone from cutting the soft top and pressing the unlock button located on the door.

The cargo area door locks and remains locked when the doors are off.
thanks for the info..

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This looks pretty good. It looks like you do loose access to the storage under the cargo floor and jack right?
No. You have full access to the floor. Its only top and sides.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked on this with the doors on. If you lock it with the keyfob, after a bit of time, the doors will not unlock by pressing the unlock on the door. I had left the windows down, and when I reached in and tried to unlock, it beeped at me and the dash display said "switches inhibited security mode".

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I checked on this with the doors on. If you lock it with the keyfob, after a bit of time, the doors will not unlock by pressing the unlock on the door. I had left the windows down, and when I reached in and tried to unlock, it beeped at me and the dash display said "switches inhibited security mode".
Thanks, that’s great to know…I like the enclosure and , knowing this, it’ll be one of my first mods!
I did see the TPA video about not locking your fob in the back…where the bronco will start but the gate doesn’t open.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is awesome! Ford really did test quite a bit of the scenarios and account for them. We are putting out doors back on tonight and was going to test this very thing.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife posted a new video with a warning about putting your key in the cargo area with the doors off. The trunk will lock but since your key is "inside" of the vehicle the push button start still works but there is no easy way to access the cargo area.

Ford Pass would work but her phone was also in the trunk. No big deal since she was close to home but could be an inconvenience if further away from home.

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

in this cargo enclosure … what’s the main difference between the fixed lid and the deluxe raised lid? So I see that the raised lid makes the box more accessible … but is the fixed lid more secure in the long run? I felt this thread would be the best to find the answer… not seeing this question in the search … Thanks!!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in this cargo enclosure … what’s the main difference between the fixed lid and the deluxe raised lid? So I see that the raised lid makes the box more accessible … but is the fixed lid more secure in the long run? I felt this thread would be the best to find the answer… not seeing this question in the search … Thanks!!
I do not think there is much difference in the security between the two, I think it just comes down to accessibility. Without raising the lid it is difficult to see inside if you are taller and reaching into the deepest areas would be difficult.

The top is secured by the tailgate, even if the non-locking locking mechanisms would be pushed to the open position by a long stick from the seat back MOLLE panel holes the lid would remain closed.

Sponsored

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I do not think there is much difference in the security between the two, I think it just comes down to accessibility. Without raising the lid it is difficult to see inside if you are taller and reaching into the deepest areas would be difficult.

The top is secured by the tailgate, even if the non-locking locking mechanisms would be pushed to the open position by a long stick from the seat back MOLLE panel holes the lid would remain closed.
Really appreciate the insight. I see myself accessing thru the rear door for anything I have put in there…. Unless I stand on my back tire I am not seeing a lot thru the raised lid! Surely not dragging anything out!
Now just waiting on my Ford pass points!

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if it could be completely assembled outside ( minus top cover ) and "pushed in" and bolted down ?

cdubs70

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if it could be completely assembled outside ( minus top cover ) and "pushed in" and bolted down ?
Having just installed it, I am going to say, nah... I don't think so. It's built to fit the back of the Bronco pretty exactly. So the panel that runs along the back of your seats is wider than the opening of the tailgate. And the panels that run back to the tailgate are too long to slide in through your side doors. But I'm open to being proven wrong. Video or it didn't happen. :)
Sponsored