Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Honda Element has rubber floors and I love them. The seats are cloth, which I didn't quite understand. That being said, I will confirm that heel marks eventually make their way into the floor, but in a utility vehicle, I won't go carpet again. Muddy shoes, dog puke, spills in general - all you need to do is use some cleaner and you're done. Plus without all that carpet, you have less soft surfaces to grab on to and lock in smells.
Sponsored

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ā€˜70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like vast majority of SUV's and trucks that are either used as designed to get you places where other vehicles can't (read mud/dirt) or are full of small children most of the time immediately get their carpets covered with expensive rubber/ plastic mats anyway. I have no desire for carpet. It's a liability more than a luxury. In my JK, I ripped carpets out as soon as top came off. I did put them back in for winter due to sound deadening, but I loved my open floors and waterproof seat covers. I basically never let it just rain in it if I had a choice, but sh*t happens.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wash out floors just make natural sense in this day and age of families with kids, dogs, and frankly life. Donā€™t understand why theyā€™re not way more common, though they probably help a bit with sound deadening, etc.

The new Defender actually has a lot of interesting stitched neoprene-like surfaces in place of leather, and has other durable fabrics, etc. I expect it will be an example to other OEMs for a while for how best to thread the needle between luxury and durability. Good things are possible, and theyā€™re starting to realize what people really want and are willing to pay for.
An old co worker had an FJ and the seats were awesome and the in laws also have an edge with some kind of neoprene like seats. I was honestly hoping they would be an option.

Buddy of mine had a F250 crewcab with rubber floors and I will never forget his expression when his kids where grinding fries into the floors how relieved he was to have them.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know who needs to hear this, but rubber floor mats are easier to clean than a wash out interior. You just throw them out on the driveway and hose em off. Carpet + heavy mats = clean and quiet. Yes the good custom molded mats cost some money, but waaaaayyyyy less than a BD or BL upgrade....

Also I can't believe Ford is pulling off vinyl seats as an UPGRADE. Bravo Ford, well done.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WeatherTech mats/cargo tray and Scotchguard the cloth in addition to Wet Okole or Katzkin covers and you'll not really have an issue.
Personally the route I'm going as I hate vinyl and leather wears out, cracks over time.
Some may opt to bed line their floors
Some may opt for the rubber floor
Whatever floats yer boat.
I have been caught in thunderstorms with the top off (or park with the sunroof open) and had to battle wet carpet. It's never fun. But another posted above mentioned to dry it up, prop it up, and it dries well. Great advice.
The mold and mildew issue is where people just leave it and the jute padding underneath never really dries completely.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I want the rubber flooring with drain plugs but don't want the vinyl seats
So get a badlands and upgrade to leather seats (not sure if you can get leather with a BD).

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Every Jeep guy on here is saying rubber floors are not something to worry about: just pull the carpet and plugs out if youā€™re going topless for a while, then put them back in.

No one seems to believe us.

Personally Iā€™d rather have carpet on a Badlands for sound isolation. It does come with carpeted mats, but that is the opposite of what I have now.

Iā€™d rather have the front two rows carpeted with draining rubber mats on top (like in the JLs/JTs). Rubber in back and on the rear seat backs would be preferred. Even with young kids and dogs.

Add to that, the one car I had with vinyl floors, and my current rubber mats got sticky over time and it is almost impossible to get out - especially in the cracks.

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the rubber floor is anything like what they put in the Transits, run floor mats! We got a few Transit Connects in our work fleet with the rubber floor but no mats. Just about a year old and 30k miles and there's already heel wear marks almost making a hole.

I drive one just on Saturdays, I could take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.
My old work had Dodgeā€™s with vinyl floors and this was always a common issue. Iā€™m looking at a Black Diamond and Iā€™ll probably also use a WeatherTech type mat all around just to prevent this from happening.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Welcome to another Wildtrak vs Badlands topic!
Joking.

Well, after watching this:

I don't want my car rot from inside (just draining will not help, carpets will rot further, you need to remove them away, dry and put back, rinse and repeat).

So another point to Badlands/BD/FE.
Haha she said "topless days"! Yeah am 5

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the rubber floor is anything like what they put in the Transits, run floor mats! We got a few Transit Connects in our work fleet with the rubber floor but no mats. Just about a year old and 30k miles and there's already heel wear marks almost making a hole.

I drive one just on Saturdays, I could take pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.
I got a hole in my SportTracā€™s rubber floor after ~100k and 4 years.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know who needs to hear this, but rubber floor mats are easier to clean than a wash out interior. You just throw them out on the driveway and hose em off. Carpet + heavy mats = clean and quiet. Yes the good custom molded mats cost some money, but waaaaayyyyy less than a BD or BL upgrade....

Also I can't believe Ford is pulling off vinyl seats as an UPGRADE. Bravo Ford, well done.
The mgv seating is VERY nice in person, looks much nicer than the cloth and has an excellent feel. They either did a really good job with their vinyl or really bad with their cloth. Whoever designed I terior colors should be fired but that's been established I believe.

ST66325

Outer Banks
First Name
ST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome to another Wildtrak vs Badlands topic!
Joking.

Well, after watching this:

I don't want my car rot from inside (just draining will not help, carpets will rot further, you need to remove them away, dry and put back, rinse and repeat).

So another point to Badlands/BD/FE.
Just wondering after you pull the carpet up to dry for a few days, does it sour at all?

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The only water that goes into my vehicles is in the detail spray that I use for cleaning.
Um - are you sure that a Bronco is right for you? You sound like your taste in cars may run more toward Cameronā€™s Dadā€™s Ferrari. The one he never drives. Just wipes it with a clean cloth diaper.

Ferris called. He wants you to come pick him up.

<grin>
Sponsored