Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So even though it was depressing to see all the Broncos sitting in a parking lot unfinished I looked forward to the day when someone would post a video showing movement. It would prove that there was a light at the end of the tunnel, since there’s little word from Ford. I relied on those videos does anyone have a hypothesis as to why no one posts them anymore? I feel forgotten.
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
So even though it was depressing to see all the Broncos sitting in a parking lot unfinished I looked forward to the day when someone would post a video showing movement. It would prove that there was a light at the end of the tunnel, since there’s little word from Ford. I relied on those videos does anyone have a hypothesis as to why no one posts them anymore? I feel forgotten.
It’s probably because it doesn’t change anything. Ford keeps doing what Ford does.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
All Ford chips have been directed to F150 lightning production....probably.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pat Gelsinger, CEO of Intel, updated his original forecast for how long the chip shortage could last a few days ago... Originally he predicted that it would last through 2023. Now he is saying 2024.

So there's that...

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

Longhorn Fan

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m in the plant hold secondary status as well and my bronco has been sitting in the Ypsilanti lot since 4/20. It’s not clear to me why certain broncos are on hold versus others as some with the same build and chip needs are actually getting delivered.

If any other plant hold folks get info please share for all. The order track all shows 628 of us at least.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably because it's at best a wash, at worst (and most likely) more get parked than get completed on the holding lots. Between Broncos/Rangers in April, at a minimum (between build spreadsheets, rotation numbers, place in line numbers available on Window Stickers), Ford was scheduled to build 22,498 vehicles at MAP in April. I"m missing a few days, so that number is likely at least 2k higher. Ford's production numbers show they completed 19,211 Bronco/Rangers in April. That means, even discounting the few days I missed, about 3300 Bronco/Rangers got parked last month. (4/4 week hit the hardest, as about 1200 from that week are parked).

If you assume the 3 days I don't have data for, that only 750 were scheduled for those days, that number balloons to 5500 Bronco/Rangers that were not completed.

ArkBronco3667

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably because it's at best a wash, at worst (and most likely) more get parked than get completed on the holding lots. Between Broncos/Rangers in April, at a minimum (between build spreadsheets, rotation numbers, place in line numbers available on Window Stickers), Ford was scheduled to build 22,498 vehicles at MAP in April. I"m missing a few days, so that number is likely at least 2k higher. Ford's production numbers show they completed 19,211 Bronco/Rangers in April. That means, even discounting the few days I missed, about 3300 Bronco/Rangers got parked last month. (4/4 week hit the hardest, as about 1200 from that week are parked).

If you assume the 3 days I don't have data for, that only 750 were scheduled for those days, that number balloons to 5500 Bronco/Rangers that were not completed.
Don’t forget all of us from January that are still parked there with no end in sight. 🙋‍♂️

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t forget all of us from January that are still parked there with no end in sight. 🙋‍♂️
Right, that's JUST April parked. Doesn't include March, Feb, Jan

Tonyxlee

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus LX600 F Sport, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
1/18/22 build date. Dealer says delivery 5/13/22-5/19/22
I see no reason to even hope…

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order another bronco. Mine along with many others were just produced last week and this week with no chip hold. It seems ford is no interested in putting a chip in already produced broncos sitting on dirt mountain.

Candy_J

Badlands
First Name
Candy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where are you getting the production numbers from?

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

what's worst is that they are not doing first in first out! some of us are going to be in there a really long time

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order another bronco. Mine along with many others were just produced last week and this week with no chip hold. It seems ford is no interested in putting a chip in already produced broncos sitting on dirt mountain.
i tried- order banks are closed according to my sales person

coreymd

Big Bend
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 HAH
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i tried- order banks are closed according to my sales person
I would have seriously considered it if the banks were still open.

Next best option I can think of is to horse trade with my dealer. They surely have one or more abandoned orders in their stock that I could swap out for mine. But chances are slim that they'd have one with options even close to what I ordered.
Sponsored