Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m starting to think that after a long day, I read “use tax” and my brain processed it as the “ownership tax.” I have far less confidence in this than I did an hour ago. I’ll still call the Dept of Revenue tomorrow to confirm.
Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did some calculations on the savings if we have X plan and also taking into account some additional cost for travel/transportation ($700).

The final savings for someone with X plan compared to a Colorado Dealer vs Granger for a 4 Door Badlands (MSRP $44,590) will be around ~$658, this could vary based on the model, options etc. The savings could be higher from taxes if you have a trade-in and will save time driving both ways to Iowa.

There are several Colorado dealers (~ 2 hour driving distance from Denver metro area) honoring Bronco X plan with no additional dealer fees, add-ons etc. I agree that the dealers with Denver area are hard to deal with. I have talked to Summit Ford in Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs Ford and they both do not have doc fee and will honor X plan. Summit Ford has this published on their website.

For someone who is not eligible for X plan the savings are much higher, around $2,000. If your employer does not offer X plan you can easily apply for it via Mustang club and be eligible for it.

I have included my calculations in the spreadsheet below, you can change the MSRP and see the approx. savings for your build. Feel free to poke around the file and let me know if I missed something in the calculations.

Originally posted in the CO club thread

Last edited:

Orbiter

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have included my calculations in the spreadsheet below, you can change the MSRP and see the approx. savings for your build. Feel free to poke around the file and let me know if I missed something in the calculations.
I believe X-plan limits dealer doc fee to $100, so just a slight correction on the Colorado X-plan column.

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I believe X-plan limits dealer doc fee to $100, so just a slight correction on the Colorado X-plan column.

Corrected and in that case savings is less...

Sponsored

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@BroncoChicken I think you glossed over this line:

If a Colorado resident purchases a motor vehicle outside of Colorado and registers it in Colorado, the purchaser must pay Colorado use tax and any applicable local use tax at the time of registration

So, if you paid the Iowa sales tax rate when you purchased you would get credit for that amount but still owe the delta of 2.31% upon registering in CO. However, Granger may be set-up to take the entire 8.31% tax that will be owed to Denver. That is something the OP and Ganger can clarify.
Albert did address this before in the thread below.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/granger-ford-out-of-state-customers.3950/page-10

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an FE reservation I will be transferring to Granger and switching to a Badlands. I’m curious to know how they will be loading trucks (do they load 8 at a time and send the truck on it’s way after the 8th is loaded? How long will my early reservation sit there on the lot while they await 7 more CO deliveries? How far in advance will I know what day my Bronco will be in Granger if I decide to fly in and drive back?). If I have to wait 3 weeks to take delivery I would rather fly out.

OP has delivery as $400 but the sheet above says 700, which is correct?

Oh, yeah, thanks to OP and Albert for putting this together!

den_jkur

First Edition
First Name
Deepu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have an FE reservation I will be transferring to Granger and switching to a Badlands. I’m curious to know how they will be loading trucks (do they load 8 at a time and send the truck on it’s way after the 8th is loaded? How long will my early reservation sit there on the lot while they await 7 more CO deliveries? How far in advance will I know what day my Bronco will be in Granger if I decide to fly in and drive back?). If I have to wait 3 weeks to take delivery I would rather fly out.

Also, I have an Instagram account setup for all CO 6G Bronco owners to share adventures and builds, join the club: colorado6gbroncos
Transportation cost corrected...

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColoradoGuy

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shipping quote of $425 was given today by the transport company Albert is working with (see original post for the details) and is for shipping to the Denver area.

There may be a wait until 6 (not 8) cars are ready to be shipped. Hopefully it isn't more than a week or two but that will depend on timing and how many people from Colorado do this.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess that works in my imaginary reality where I didn't have delivery charge figured on my Granger numbers. Mostly because I put those numbers together prior to the latest updates from local dealers. We actually don't know what D&H on the Bronco will be for sure just yet. Unlessed I missed something official.

Local dealers have quoting me $400 for doc fee, even with X-Plan. I questioned them about it being $100 and two different dealerships have told me they're still going to charge $400.

So yeah, I'm probably back to contemplating my switch to Granger again. In the end savings will be minimal. Close to none if I end up having to ship...

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shipping quote of $425 was given today by the transport company Albert is working with (see original post for the details) and is for shipping to the Denver area.
that is a great deal if enough participate to make the timing work.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Havent used them for service yet because they're always booked so far out. Onmy real complaint I have about them is every time Ive gone to pick up parts, I can never find a dang spot to park my truck lol.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A question for @Granger Ford:

I'm thinking there are people who are considering changing their reservation to your dealership before the October 31st deadline, and they're also thinking about delivery, but they don't want to post in this thread. (They haven't made up their mind yet or are "lurkers" who don't like to post anything online at all.)

If that's the case, should they just let you know that they're interested in delivery to the Colorado/Front Range area when they place their order in December?
Sponsored