The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I own both a Jeep Xtreme Recon and Bronco 2 door Sasquatch. I knew the second they bought a Bronco they would talk bad about it. They say they are non biased but they are huge Jeep fans even if it's subconsciously. The Jeep literally made their channel what it is today. They have a soft spot for it admit it or not. They have over $100k in mods done to their Jeep. Do that to the Bronco.

Their statement about talking their stockish Jeep hardcore wheeling when they first got it but "they're afraid to take the Bronco" through the same stuff is total BS!! That's the whole point if you're going to do a hardcore review isn't it? How can you come to the conclusion you did if you didn't treat it exactly the same as your Jeep? What from other people breaking stuff? They said we'll Loren Healy had no issues because he's an amazing driver. Ok well what does Kevin suck then? I know he doesn't. But what's the argument then? That contradiction in itself proves biased. Sorry. Not digging the review at all.
Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like someone couldn’t pen a sponsorship deal with Ford….

Edit: or DID just pen a sponsorship with Jeep.

Last edited:

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude the stereo is trash. Out of the box it’s so much worse than every factory audio I’ve had, including entry level systems.

That said, imo a pair of inexpensive dash speakers and a forscan tweak to remove the horrible built in EQ brings it in line with most factory stereos.
Thank you. I just sat in a Bronco with B&O and it confirmed timed everything I had been hearing about how crappy the sound is. Especially for the premium sound option.

I heard you can get the sound bar and when the bronco is updated the sound is great. Glad to hear I might not to buy a sound bar and just flash the bronco myself.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't put stock in the opinions of anyone who creates a YouTube channel for the sake of making money or being a pseudo movie star.
Any thread that starts with “check out the vid” or any opening pic of a big tits or a short skirt is click bait.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thank you. I just sat in a Bronco with B&O and it confirmed timed everything I had been hearing about how crappy the sound is. Especially for the premium sound option.

I heard you can get the sound bar and when the bronco is updated the sound is great. Glad to hear I might not to buy a sound bar and just flash the bronco myself.
Strange enough the B and O system in the Maverick is impressive. Friend of mine just got one and I was kind of blown away.

Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Strange enough the B and O system in the Maverick is impressive. Friend of mine just got one and I was kind of blown away.
well that’s both great to hear and irritating at the same time. I’d assume speaker positioning is one thing but why does the same system sound so much better when yoI update it?

I don’t know what the maverick has in it, or how the speakers compare across both vehicles, but I’m happy to know that some B&O systems sound good.
My wrangler was garbage but it was an ‘89. My Humvee doesn’t even have sound. So something is better than nothing but I was hoping the premium option would be somewhat tolerable.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well that’s both great to hear and irritating at the same time. I’d assume speaker positioning is one thing but why does the same system sound so much better when yoI update it?

I don’t know what the maverick has in it, or how the speakers compare across both vehicles, but I’m happy to know that some B&O systems sound good.
My wrangler was garbage but it was an ‘89. My Humvee doesn’t even have sound. So something is better than nothing but I was hoping the premium option would be somewhat tolerable.
Irritating is the perfect word to use. He said, "this system is amazing" and wasn't wrong. It really made me mad that we couldn't get that in the Bronco. I replaced 4 out of 6 speakers with Kickers - it's an improvement but still not close to what a good sounding system should be.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will fully admit, I bought the Bronco for LOOKS vs. FUNCTION.

I didn't have the patience to watch a 30 min long video on everything those two disliked about the Bronco - But I imagine it was all pretty sound and legit....IF YOU ARE A HARDCORE OFF-ROADER.

I am not. I cruise around, because I love the LOOK. I had a Jeep for years, and I loved my Wrangler, but the Bronco just LOOKS so much cooler. Always has, always will. I have no quarrel about the electronic transfer case, or the hardtop sound. To me, the loudness is no worse, nor better than my Wrangler.

But you know what's bad ass (and I'm sure this will change, but still): Seeing 500+ Wranglers a day driving all over Texas, but only a handful of Broncos. You stand out. Look different. Great way to meet people, and you just look cool doing it.

I goto the occasional off-road location here in Texas, but for the most part, I am driving to work, the grocery store, or the park. And I look way cooler than any Wrangler driver. And I love it. Granted, I am coming from a '99 Wrangler, so to me, all the electronics, 12" screen, Carplay, and shit is just AMAZING, because I've never had that shit before in any vehicle I've ever owned. So perhaps I don't know what I am missing, but fuck it....ignorance is bliss. And I love driving this thing. 🤷‍♂️

JohnnyBronc

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everything they said was accurate except build issues. Mine is great, no rattles or squeeking.
My problem isn't with what they said, but how they said it. Kevin clearly is biased and dislikes the Bronco. He'd be better off admitting that then than trying to be unbiased.
I can't watch his mechanic because he hates working on anything other than a Jeep.
If you are a true automobile lover, you'll come across as one naturally.
Reviews are best left to independent channels with zero bias and have realistic views on the vehicles they choose to analyze.

Their Bronco will never be what they want it to be. There, I said it.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For clarification sake They never said they ride the same on the road. While I’d prefer a movable shifter when in manual mode I’d agree with you that he went overboard with that as a short-coming.
The part you want to watch is around 2:50 in were they compare them to riding the same.

Sponsored

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dude the stereo is trash. Out of the box it’s so much worse than every factory audio I’ve had, including entry level systems.

That said, imo a pair of inexpensive dash speakers and a forscan tweak to remove the horrible built in EQ brings it in line with most factory stereos.
Unless you were trying to hear all the notes in a symphony, the stereo is fine. The bronco was not designed for audiophiles Given the amount of other noises that come through the cabin. That being said, 99% of what i listen to in the car is kid’s music and podcasts.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The part you want to watch is around 2:50 in were they compare them to riding the same.
Ah my bad, I see what you’re saying. I think I misinterpreted that as them comparing the bronco to itself with stock shocks vs the upgraded Bilsteins they added.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love their channel. But, a couple things to keep in mind:
- they are vested in Jeep builds. e.g. I'm a MS Windows guy; Gonna take a lot to move me to a MAC.... Although I hear they are much better...
- they are due for a new jeep... and have said that....Would not be surprised if a new one shows up soon...Most of these channels are sponsored. Full disclosure is rare... i.e. Itchy Boots, another popular channel, is in her 6th season and finally admitted she is sponsored by Rev'it and most recently Honda....
- they trailer the Stepchild frequently... Should tell you something about highway comfort in their modded jeep.
- Fun fact/obvservation: if you go wheeling with them, you will crash or break your vehicle....She is the absolute worst Spotter... typically tells you what to do AFTER you've hit something.
- She's def easy on the eyes.
- Just like the USA, the Bronco is NOT perfect; but, its better than anything else out there.

BlackBeauty1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did the Bronco Off-Roadeo in Austin when it was like 105 degrees. Our kid in the back seemed fine as long as we had the front vents pointing between the front seats. I would much rather just have the vents on the back of the console.

Regarding the rear cup holders, my Badlands Bronco build pic 360 view shows them (stuck in 'In Production' status since 08/08), but I don't think the newer builds are getting them. I would see this as a good sign (maybe for 2023), or it could just be more Ford incompetence showing them.

Bronco Back Seat.JPG
I would not mind getting some kind of adaptor from the floor vent opening to a 1.25 or so circle to run some pvc up to the rear of the center console.

Leather equipped 4 doors get a rear pull down center arm rest with like 1in deep cup holders. I imagine the picture is of a leather rear seat. It would be cool if Ford changed and had it for the non leather 23's.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.