Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is all great for the consumer, more competition the better.

I find it a bit odd that a $35k base price bronco doesnt have adaptive cruise control or heated seats standard on all models. My gf's crosstrek sport, msrp of $27.5k, has nicer interior touchpoints, waterproof seat material, heated seats, ACC, blindspot warning, significantly better sound deadening throughout, etc.

I understand the crowd that wants less features, but let's be real, it's 2023 and this is an IFS vehicle that 90% of people are driving on the road exclusively, and the other 10% will be on the road for the vast majority of the Bronco's life. If anything, Ford could offer a rebate for removing these features rather than pegging them to the $50k+ trim crowd.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Objectively speaking - I think this is a pretty damn solid refresh effort from the Stellantis folks on the Wrangler.

However, I don't think they were losing the hardcore off-road crowd to Bronco sales, I think they were losing the daily drivers and folks getting into off-roading and because of that - I think if they would have made the 12.3" screen standard across ALL of their models it would really put the onus on Ford then to return serve. As it is this feels more like a response to keep up more than put the pressure back on Ford.

What I do really like is how you can option out the Wrangler for significant towing.

Overall - great for the consumer.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a lot of nice upgrades. I like that Jeep is offering pre-loaded trail maps. I guess Ford has totally given up on giving us their promised version of trail maps.
I still like my Bronco more but Jeep is making it a tough choice - I really like the work they are doing on the PHEV/EV side.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does your right knee hit the lower dash where the heat controls are on the Bronco? Mine does, but I don't see many complaints about it.
The Jeep I tried 2 years ago was worse for leg room, seats seemed smaller as well. Yes, the Bronco right knee area seemed a bit less roomy than my F150 was, but after 30,000 miles, I've adjusted as one does to the idiosyncrasies of any vehicle, and I'm fine with the room and comfort. Most important for me at 6'5", was upgrading to the electric seats. They are infinitely more adjustable, including up and down. Downside is you have to upgrade to "leather" unlike other Ford's, but the leather has been great. And plenty of headroom.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh….

Don’t think this Wrangler refresh is about luring away Bronco owners who have new vehicles, but about limited further defections.

These small changes are reactionary. Whenever you’re playing catch up, you’re behind and will stay there until you decide to innovate.

Jeeps new owners are not going to stay committed to the V8 for much longer, so the 392 fantasy is about to die. The 4xe is the future direction and that does have promise, but the system has to be robust enough to handle off roading, which it currently isn’t.

Only so much lipstick you can put on that pig and the Wrangler is about tapped out.

But, I love the change at all and the new tow rating, as it’ll push Ford to try a bit harder so it’s a win win for everyone.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Playing catch up IMO. I would still never consider a Jeep after driving a few. The Bronco feels way more like my F150 than the jeep does, which I much prefer.

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
However, I don't think they were losing the hardcore off-road crowd to Bronco sales, I think they were losing the daily drivers and folks getting into off-roading and because of that - I think if they would have made the 12.3" screen standard across ALL of their models it would really put the onus on Ford then to return serve. As it is this feels more like a response to keep up more than put the pressure back on Ford.
They did make the big screen standard per the link:

Sport:
  • 12.3-inch touchscreen radio
  • Premium soft-top
  • Gray Soul fabric IP mid bolster
Is there another new trim below Sport?

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At 6'3" I couldn't get the Wrangler to work. Felt like driving a box, sitting in an Ikea office chair.

Luckily I was able to get an BRaptor, because I would have gotten a jeep reluctantly.

Sponsored

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see they have the Trails Offroad app with Badge of Honor trails preloaded. Hmm, wonder whatever happened to Ford's promised off road navigation?

Looks like the Wrangler gets some nice incremental changes for the refresh.
Another promise made and not fulfilled.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5,000 lbs. towing capacity is big deal.
I still can't get over the fact that Ford bench-marked the wrangler so much that they even matched the anemic 3,500 towing capacity. That 1,500lbs makes a huge difference for pulling a small travel trailer or decent sized boat.

It's probably too late for Ford to push out an upgraded rating for the 2024s, but I guarantee the 2025s will have more capacity now.
Then I believe we will be moving away from what the Bronco has brought back!!!! See years ago (mid to late 70's) people like you folks here bitched about the lower tow rating so much that they change the Bronco enough that it matched the trucks is size and tow capacity. Then look what happened. They turned into giant (less off road worthy hulks) that eventually everyone began to dislike so Ford discontinued them. For all of you guys that should have purchased a truck because evidentially you will TOW more often than go 4 wheeling. DONT BUY A BRONCO!
I definitely do not want to duplicate the demise of Bronco for the second time. LEAVE the Bronco as it is!!! Go buy something better suited for you specific needs. We do not need another TRUCKBRONCO!! There are many vehicles that will get you down dirt roads and haul campers.
The Bronco is really good at what it does. It's not meant to pull trailers.
Nor is it meant for soccer moms therefore it doesn't have many cup holders - Get over it. Go buy a soccer mom wagon.
If Ford listens to all of this input on this forum, Bronco will change so much it will become lost in the sea of driving appliances then disappear forever.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Then I believe we will be moving away from what the Bronco has brought back!!!! See years ago (mid to late 70's) people like you folks here bitched about the lower tow rating so much that they change the Bronco enough that it matched the trucks is size and tow capacity. Then look what happened. They turned into giant (less off road worthy hulks) that eventually everyone began to dislike so Ford discontinued them. For all of you guys that should have purchased a truck because evidentially you will TOW more often than go 4 wheeling. DONT BUY A BRONCO!
I definitely do not want to duplicate the demise of Bronco for the second time. LEAVE the Bronco as it is!!! Go buy something better suited for you specific needs. We do not need another TRUCKBRONCO!! There are many vehicles that will get you down dirt roads and haul campers.
The Bronco is really good at what it does. It's not meant to pull trailers.
Nor is it meant for soccer moms therefore it doesn't have many cup holders - Get over it. Go buy a soccer mom wagon.
If Ford listens to all of this input on this forum, Bronco will change so much it will become lost in the sea of driving appliances then disappear forever.
Whoa there cowboy, I'm not asking for 12,000lbs of towing capacity!

If my wife's unibody Subaru Ascent with a 4cyl turbo and CVT can tow 5,000lbs, I don't see any reason why the Bronco couldn't without any impact to it's off-road performance. The BRAPTOR has a 4,400lb capacity!

I just want to be able to pull a small travel trailer to a campsite so that I can go off-roading in that area without needing to book a hotel or deal with a massive RV towing the Bronco behind it.
I don't think that is too much of an ask from Ford. If it wasn't meant to pull trailers, then why does it have a tow hitch at all?
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc