Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe on flat land. Here in Colorado I wouldn’t. I grew up on a farm towing since 12. Towed a trailer all over Colorado almost everyday for work for 6 years. 2000 max.
Agreed, up the mountains will put a strain on it. Plus you're not leaving yourself much room for gear.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SpecOpsHippie

Wildtrak
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali 2500HD, Audi Q5, Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
only in the states. coil everywhere else.
base 90 gets coils
Gotcha now. Thought I was going crazy(er). This was an option for me (for about a minute) until I started reading the troubles they are having with it. I really wanted to love that car.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Check out Casita trailers. They have a few that should hit the mark and with a average dry weight of 500lbs less.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha now. Thought I was going crazy(er). This was an option for me (for about a minute) until I started reading the troubles they are having with it. I really wanted to love that car.
yeah. LR disappointed many of us when they dropped the Utility portion, BOF (and the manual transmission)

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Best word of advice. Find a good trucking scale setup near you and give them a call.

Go across the scale to get a total weight. The scale I used had different plates.

I parked my truck on one plate with the tongue on the same plate but trailer wheels on the second plate.

Pulled my truck off the scale plate. This gave us the tongue weight and the second plate gave us the trailer axle weight. I deducted the tongue weight from vehicle payload.

Pull truck back on the scale and now setup the weight distribution hitch setup.

Best $40 I spent and never had a sway issue or truck sag issue. Pulled great and straight.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With what we know now could I tow this? I’m trying to find a travel trailer that my wife and I could use with a Bronco. She wants to go with me and she has settled on this lightweight trailer. I’m no expert so I’m asking the smarter people in the room
D6BB4402-AD4C-4255-A1F8-5CEDEC94AECE.png
Have you looked at the rapid trailers? They're pretty cool with the Murphy bed.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As long as its loaded weight is below 3500 lbs. Could be pushing it with that depending on what all you want to carry.
I agree with everyone's comments. I was quick and to the point that yes, the Bronco could pull that. I should have added that if it were me, I wouldn't. Too risky and I would hate worrying about the weight of every chair, pots/pans, grill, etc. that I loaded.

I would look for something in the 2000 lb range if you need something roomy. I'm going to be pulling a teardrop with mine.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you will be fine as long as you are talking 4 door. That is a pretty light trailer. The 2 door could tow it but would be hairy. As other have said I would get a better hitch and if you are getting the auto look at a bigger trans cooler. Tow it around local and if it feels big behind you then look into the various hitch aids or a firestone airbag kit. You could always rent a uhaul and test it just like the TFL guys do before you buy something. Throw some weight in it and run about, find some hills and see how it feels.
The Bronco seems capable of much more than the 3500lb rating. The only real concern, and I know how rules can make folks nervous, is that if you are hauling much over weight and you mess up, insurance isnt going to help you. And if your really mess up, like hurt someone else you are on the hook. If you are hauling over weight there is never a reason to go the speed limit or go as fast as turn signs suggest. Keep alot of distance and keep your eyes open. In trucking school they teach you to check both your mirrors 3 times through every intersection. Have a real awareness of the size and placement of your entire vehicle. And you should be fine.

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could you? Yes. Should you? I personally would never. With gear, water, etc. Sure, there's probably a margin of safety with ratings, but I'd look for something around 2500# Max and that's pushing it (we need to think about towing performance as well). 2000# seems more reasonable. Of course it's hard to say without testing one out. I have a Tacoma "rated" to tow 6500#. It's a bit of a dog towing our 3900# dry loaded TT. Tows it fine, but up continuous long distance hills, I monitor the fluid transmission temps and it is far from ideal.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have been trying to target a 2500-2600 lb dry trailer to leave about 900 extra for stuff. it adds up real quick.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs