Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Broncos end up on dealer lots, with a 2.3L auto, I wonder if consumers will be eager to purchase? If that is the only option, maybe.
2.3L with auto is my preferred build. After reading multiple reviews of the 2.3L's performance, its apparent that it's nothing to sneeze at. In addition, the 2.7L is only 40hp stronger. At $1895 premium for the 2.7L, that's $47 per HP. However, the real deal breaker for me with the 2.7L is it's on the constrained availability list. I sure as hell don't want to delay getting my vehicle by a month or longer just for 40HP. I'll make that up and more in a tune.
Sponsored

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hoping the commodity issues will bump me up because of my extremely late reservation and order.... LOL I can only hope! 2 door black diamond manual

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Our Ecommitment packet for this month (allocation), had a small note for Bronco

It was listed as "early trends", so could end up differently, but based on my orders I can see these options having issues and this warning coming true when scheduling starts.

Most Restricted commodities:
Wildtrak
2.7L
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4)
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux)
Sasquatch
front locker
Modular front bumper

It also had the recommended order of a 4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top.

They also announced some new Bronco SPORT packages coming out for Big Bend and Outer Banks to get the option package without the moonroof to help with commodity issues, so gives me hope they'll do some things on Bronco if the commodities make scheduling a complete nightmare (33s on OBX would help several of my orders).
Oh yeah, 17's with 33's on my OBX would make me as happy as if I had good sense. :)

But as it is now, my OBX order containing the 2.7L, the LUX package, and the MOD hard top won't be built for quite a while.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2.3L with auto is my preferred build. After reading multiple reviews of the 2.3L's performance, its apparent that it's nothing to sneeze at. In addition, the 2.7L is only 40hp stronger. At $1895 premium for the 2.7L, that's $47 per HP. However, the real deal breaker for me with the 2.7L is it's on the constrained availability list. I sure as hell don't want to delay getting my vehicle by a month or longer just for 40HP. I'll make that up and more in a tune.
Yeah, but it’s a good deal for 1/3rd more torque...

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"early trends

Wildtrak
2.7L
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4)
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux)
Sasquatch
front locker
Modular front bumper
As always, thanks for the info Nathan.
To clarify, and maybe ease some anxious buyers here,
'Early trends' doesn't necessarily translate into 'limited availability' IF the suppliers can keep up with the demand. Let's hope they can keep up!

I'd be fine forgoing the Squatch package on my Base if Ford offered the adv 4x4, rear locker (or LSD) and nicer wheel/tires separately.
Here's hoping for additional options for 2022.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
'Early trends' doesn't necessarily translate into 'limited availability' IF the suppliers can keep up with the demand. Let's hope they can keep up!
Well, that’s not necessarily true if what @XCR440 speculates on is true and Ford has to limit the 2.7 and Sasquatch because of CAFE standards....that would be a nightmare...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, that’s not necessarily true if what @XCR440 speculates on is true and Ford has to limit the 2.7 and Sasquatch because of CAFE standards....that would be a nightmare...
That's part of the problem. Too much speculation going on that may or may not ever happen. Your own reply is saying exactly that.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am hoping the commodity issues will bump me up because of my extremely late reservation and order.... LOL I can only hope! 2 door black diamond manual
Psst - Mod bumper...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unless the hybrid comes out to boost the corporate numbers.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Coach.major

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All those Badlands orders causing problems

2.7L - Badlands option
Full Time 4x4 (advanced 4x4) - Badlands standard
Level 2 and 4 equipment groups (mid and lux) -Badlands option
Sasquatch -Badlands option
front locker - Badlands standard
Modular front bumper -Badlands standard

Wonder when they are going to just list the Badlands as a constrained trim like the Wildtrak...
I ordered the Badlands with 2.3 not squatched and the high package. Mic top, auto. I'm hoping for no delay but I had not heard about the front locker and bumper causing delays.

OP
OP
XCR440

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not trying to argue against your points because clearly you know more about these constraints than I do but conversion rates will seemingly cause issues or not cause issues...

The higher conversion rate the longer the wait on said commodity, the lower conversion rate the more commodity to go around...
Seems pretty basic to me....

Oh well.... it will get here when it gets here and if it don’t... so be it..

Customers will drop like flies with more delays... it’s inevitable... the average bronco buyer will move on to other things...
I see your point, yes, as others cancel infront of you, you'll move up the list, but there won't be "more" commodity to go around. Problem with this I see is other than the double orders, I don't think the first 24 hour orders are going to have many cancellations as everyone in this group think's they're going to get theirs early, I think many are going to be disappointed as the number of orders the first 24 hours is huge, and with commodities pushing many of these back, I don't think earlys in the cards for many of us.

So going off that list, pretty much 99.9% of orders will be delayed.
No, commodity means more orders than production, they might be over by only a small %, if they can build 50% and orders are for 52%, only a few will have an issue. It all depends on production capability vs order quantity. My guess is big issues with Sasquatch, mid issues with 2.7L and small issues with the others, but we'll find out once scheduling begins.

Any customer dropping after mid March due to delays just means their order becomes a dealer stock unit, no change to conversion rate or build order
No, if its cancelled before its got a VIN, we can bump it to the back of the list (and I assume cancel it for 2022).

Thank you for sharing!

Question not sure if you can answer or if it was already answered in another thread. When we get our tentative build dates in May will it already take into account commodity constraint delays or is it something that has to be factored on top of it? I know the dates we are given will be "good faith estimates" but am curious. My plan was to see where I fall with my build (I have several constraints) and if it was pushed back significantly, I might revaluate changing items on it.
I don't know, I'm not sure they can, I'm hoping so, but I'm not counting on it. If they do it will give those getting the commodities good info, but won't tell those outside much, many like myself will have to decide if they'll go Badlands if they can't get a Wildtrak (or it takes till Dec). If I change and now can get scheduled, if I was ahead of you I might take your lux package that was ok during the estimates. So my opinion is it will just be allocation and when that allocation will schedule, but not have commodities, but I have no info to back that up, its just a guess.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think many are going to be disappointed
Nathan...this trend started right out of the gate.

Ford launched Bronco with images that were CGI misrepresentations (or lies, depending on which side of the debate you prefer), and interiors that simply did not exist - and were probably never intended to exist.

THEN, they did roadshow after roadshow shining the spotlight on models comprised of components they knew to be in short supply.

NOW, they're empty-handed, whining like a 3rd grader saying the 'dog ate my homework'

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top. - they are really pushing this build, ain't they?

Guess it will only be available in 2021 - and even then, it will be the rarest of builds since no one wants it.

Can we dub it the "Edsel build"?

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4 door Big bend 2.3L auto with soft top. - they are really pushing this build, ain't they?

Guess it will only be available in 2021 - and even then, it will be the rarest of builds since no one wants it.

Can we dub it the "Edsel build"?
Well, s***...guess I'm gonna have a semi-Edsel! My build is a BB, 2.3, 4 door, AT (though it has the modular hard top and the Mid Package). A unicorn of (relatively) cheap-ass proportions! 🤣
Sponsored

Last edited: