Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I buy a new truck every 3 years for mu business. I've had 8 different F 150's, 1 Silverado, 1 Tacoma and now my Ranger. No way I could live without one so I decided to just go Base SAS instead of my original BL. I did the enclosed trailer thing for a few years and it's a PITA. Especially when you need to make several stops after work and you're towing this along with you.
I wouldn't equate a work truck with a daily driver.
Having to drag a trailer everywhere all day every day just sounds lousy.

edit : (Intended to say; hauling a trailer everywhere every day for work and comparing it to a SUV daily driver who MIGHT hook up once or twice a month is a huge leap in logic. )

On the daily driver front, every time I have a truck, I wish I had a trailer and a decent size SUV instead.
A nice utility trailer with a loading ramp is FAR FAR easier to use than a pick up bed.
Will hold more dirt or mulch or longer lumber easily ..... FAR easier to load appliances or anything heavy, ESPECIALLY if you can get wheels under it or it has its own .... like a 600 lb garden tractor, motorcycle, quad or UTV.... or several UTV's, etc. The trailers just sit so much lower, just drive or wheel the stuff right up. No more lifting of heavy items or using some of the foolishly dangerous loading methods I've seen.

Full/MId size SUV ...tow a boat no problem, entire interior locks up safe to keep the boat cover and whatever else gear you might want to protect while your out on the water. This is where the Bronco will fail, not enough tow capacity for many bass boats.

The next best thing would be a truck with a full cap and a utility trailer .... all kinds of dry storage at that point also. I just hesitate to put the dogs in a truck bed if it's very cold or hot out, whereas a SUV will remain heated/cooled during longer trips.
Sponsored

Last edited:

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to let my truck go about 4 years ago. Just too much rust and when the gas tank started rusting through I reached the tipping point. Since then I let my projects sort of stack up and then rent a truck for the weekend. Between the initial cost, tags, insurance and upkeep I am way ahead just renting one when I need it. It's not as convenient but works for me.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keeping my truck. 2012 Sierra. Paid for and the last year of NO ONSTAR!!! Crank windows, rubber floor mats, rear locker V8, tilt/cruise/air and that's it Still has the original battery...

whiteoak150

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok so I am in love with the Bronco reserved mine early done B&P a million times over.
But some reason deep down in my gut I am nervous about giving up my truck for a SUV. I use my truck bed all the time not for work but constantly for projects.
I have found an awesome folding trailer that might work as a alternative but just still start to waver.
Is there any other truck owners out there feeling the same way?

BTW. I have been looking at gladiators ? ... I just want the just experience of taught the roof and doors off.
I have a 2016 F150 and will keep the truck and also order the bronco, truck is paid off

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As everything I guess it depends on what you use the truck bed for.. I use it mostly for stuff from Lowes and hauling motorbikes.

In between this truck and my last one I had a Sienna minivan and a 5X8 utility trailer. It was like a super mega cab that could seat 7 people with full size 8' bed. Very high on utility scale if low on the cool scale.

I buy and sell motorbikes a lot and the trailer is much easier to load/unload than the pickup.

So for me a Bronc/ trailer combo is actually preferable to a truck. Zero concerns with my usage.

Sponsored
OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2016 F150 and will keep the truck and also order the bronco, truck is paid off
Yeah I have a 15 F150. Pay my vehicles off in normally less then a year but just having a hard time justifying keeping a truck and a Bronco and a sedan...
I think I just going to have to with a trailer and suck up having an awesome Bronco... First world problems are the worst haha.

OP
OP
That_Hal

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As everything I guess it depends on what you use the truck bed for.. I use it mostly for stuff from Lowes and hauling motorbikes.

In between this truck and my last one I had a Sienna minivan and a 5X8 utility trailer. It was like a super mega cab that could seat 7 people with full size 8' bed. Very high on utility scale if low on the cool scale.

I buy and sell motorbikes a lot and the trailer is much easier to load/unload than the pickup.

So for me a Bronc/ trailer combo is actually preferable to a truck. Zero concerns with my usage.
Thanks for the feed back! after everyone talking about the trailer being a good solution it makes me feel better!

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was actually going to buy a 2-door JL instead of my truck and use it with the trailer while waiting for Bronco but all my test drives were bleh..

I drove the manual 3.6, auto 3.6 and 2.0 and none of them were even close to the fun-to-drive level of the 2.7 A10 combo. Not to mention the wandering at 80mph on the freeway..

So even though I didn't really need a truck I bought it instead of the JL purely for fun to drive factor.

But yeah, trailer is the way to go for MY usage. Others are different I am sure.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm nervous about trading my 2017 F-150 Platinum with the 6.5 foot bed. I have owned a truck since 1987, never been with out one. I figure I will have to buy a trailer for home projects and such. Have to rent a u-haul truck twice a year to tow my boat. I just want the Bronco pretty bad.

Not prepared to sell or trade my corvette. My wife is not interested in trading her Range Rover. So it leaves my truck.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am in the same boat. I have had a truck send ‘96 and like you I don’t use it every day but I do use it a lot. I don’t really want three cars (2011 F-150, 2018 RX-350) but I know I will regret giving up the truck.
now my wife has said we can give up the Lexus but we have to get a 4Dr Bronco to replace it - I want the 2Dr.
it may come down to a decision between the truck and a 4Dr Bronco. ?

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't equate a work truck with a daily driver.
Having to drag a trailer everywhere all day every day just sounds lousy.

On the daily driver front, every time I have a truck I wish I had a trailer and a decent size SUV instead.
A nice utility trailer with a loading ramp is FAR FAR easier to use than a pick up bed.
Will hold more dirt or mulch or longer lumber easily ..... FAR easier to load appliances or anything heavy, ESPECIALLY if you can get wheels under it or it has its own .... like a 600 lb garden tractor, motorcycle, quad or UTV.... or several UTV's, etc. The trailers just sit so much lower, just drive or wheel the stuff right up. No more lifting of heavy items or using some of the foolishly dangerous loading methods I've seen.

Full/MId size SUV ...tow a boat no problem, entire interior locks up safe to keep the boat cover and whatever else gear you might want to protect while your out on the water. This is where the Bronco will fail, not enough tow capacity for many bass boats.

The next best thing would be a truck with a full cap and a utility trailer .... all kinds of dry storage at that point also. I just hesitate to put the dogs in a truck bed if it's very cold or hot out, whereas a SUV will remain heated/cooled during longer trips.
Yes it lousy dragging it everywhere so that only lasted a couple of years. Plus back then I was living back east in MA and had to deal with snow at the time. To be fair the "work truck" was always a loaded XLT to Lariat so it wasn't so bad driving them.

I wish I could use a cap but I needed a ladder rack and it wasn't possible, I had a Track Rack. That's why the more I thought about it it made more sense to keep my Ranger and downgrade from a BL to a Base SAS for now. Then when I retire in about 4 years maybe get a loaded BL then.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will definitely be trading in my truck no matter what. I would have no qualms about being able to replace everything I use my truck for with a 4 door Bronco. However I am waffling on if I actually prefer the 2 door, but the 2 door wouldn’t be able to replace my truck. I wouldn’t mind a 2dr/trailer combo, but don’t have a spot to store a trailer when it’s not in use. So ?‍♂ lol

Last edited:

Bobkat

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok so I am in love with the Bronco reserved mine early done B&P a million times over.
But some reason deep down in my gut I am nervous about giving up my truck for a SUV. I use my truck bed all the time not for work but constantly for projects.
I have found an awesome folding trailer that might work as a alternative but just still start to waver.
Is there any other truck owners out there feeling the same way?

BTW. I have been looking at gladiators ? ... I just want the just experience of taught the roof and doors off.
Funny I’ve been looking at trucks (mostly Tundras) all day dealing with the same issue. I’ve had a truck for 10 years and being without seems crazy.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I f any of you southerners and lower westerns want to make a little side money then round up a car hauler full of rust free, older trucks and head north. Park it in an old K Mart lot in NE Ohio and sell them like the U Hauls full of rugs. I can't find a "beater" that isn't rusted out. Us Ohioans probably have a completely different idea of what a beater is. If it isn't rusted then it aint a beater.
Sponsored