BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Job 1 date is set. Any orders that aren’t built before that become 23’s correct?
The Job1 date is more penciled in than set. Last year MY22 Job1 got pushed back several days so they could squeeze in more MY21's that kept slipping. I am sure it is easier to move an arbitrary date than re-issue several hundred VIN numbers.

So no, a Bronco with a VIN not built by 11/14(?) does not automatically become a MY23. And for it to do so would require a new VIN.
Sponsored

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2023 Job 1 to start Nov 14. So doesn’t seem likely that they’ll keep building 22s into December

351BEEC8-24A6-43F5-A405-0AD0E12ABBE0.jpeg
Totally Agree. You don't call a vehicle a 2022 one month away from 2023.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered Dec 17 21, Wildtrak Lux Hardtop tow package etc. Got a VIN and 8/15/22 build week. For what that's worth.
When did you place your reservation? MM/Day/YY?

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you do the math, it looks like Ford could make a big dent in the reservation backlog by the end of MY22. From Jan-May Ford produced roughly 60,000 Broncos. That's an average of ~12,000/mo. (I seem to recall one month getting close to 15,000). For June to Nov. 10, that leaves 5.33 months, or about 64,000 to be built before MY23 begins production. That could make a lot of headway in the remaining reservations.

The big wildcard is how much of that production will be shifted to big dealer stock orders - ignoring the reservation holders.
MAP is closed for most of July.
The hard truth is that the large majority of MY22’s have already been scheduled. If you’re not scheduled yet, the odds are not in your favor of getting scheduled in this MY.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for reporting what they told you. That said, here are my evaluation of the claims.

True: Ford customer service said these things.
False: The things Ford customer service said. All of them, most likely.

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just chatted with the customer service line (phone, not chat) and spoke with a rep that was eager to be helpful – I want to share with everyone the updates I got from them today.

Most of this is old news but some of these tidbits might be helpful for newer people on the board. Take this all with a grain of salt, but here is what I was told:
  • Ford's intent is to try and build almost all of the MY22 orders by the end of this calendar year, barring unavoidable supply chain hold ups for parts.
  • They do not want to roll over a bunch of orders to MY23.
  • Scheduling for future build weeks is happening every 2-3 weeks.
  • MY22's will continue to be scheduled for build weeks through Nov/Dec.
  • Current orders that get rolled over to MY23 will be ahead in line over new MY23 orders placed after the order banks open, even if they get rolled over after the new orders start coming in.
  • Wildtrak trim and Tow Pkg are two biggest constraints right now - Badlands and OBX are not constrained. Did not mention SAS Pkg, unknown if its constrained or not.
  • Priority Code really only matters if a dealer has similar builds to yours and they want to put yours ahead.
Again, most of that is status quo from what we already knew/assumed. But at least it's another datapoint for us.
It is very unlikely anything like that will happen. I talked with the Granger folks last week and they only got 3 Broncos in during the last month. Dealers allocation constraints, part issues, chip issues etc. are still going to push a lot reservations holders into 2023. I am a July 15th reservation holders and pretty high on Grangers list and they said don't expect a Bronco this year. Ford customer service continues to tell customers what they want to hear to try and keep them happy and to avoid negative press. You cannot take anything they say as true.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is very unlikely anything like that will happen. I talked with the Granger folks last week and they only got 3 Broncos in during the last month. Dealers allocation constraints, part issues, chip issues etc. are still going to push a lot reservations holders into 2023. I am a July 15th reservation holders and pretty high on Grangers list and they said don't expect a Bronco this year. Ford customer service continues to tell customers what they want to hear to try and keep them happy and to avoid negative press. You cannot take anything they say as true.
The way I look at it, it will be up to Ford whether they want to fill my Reservation in 2023, keep a customer for life, or send packing and I buy a Jeep or Ram. I'm good either way at this point.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know which part of the tow package is the constraint?

i really don’t want to do aftermarket as I hear the wiring is a pain to do if not done at the factory. I’d gladly take a prewired vehicle without the hitch if the hitch itself is the constraint

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i really don’t want to do aftermarket as I hear the wiring is a pain to do if not done at the factory. I’d gladly take a prewired vehicle without the hitch if the hitch itself is the constraint
Seems like it's the wiring that's the major constraint rather than the hitch, especially given how readily available the OEM hitch install kit is with the 4 pin harness vs the factory installed 4/7 pin set up

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I had my Ford dealer add the four PIN wiring harness and hitch assembly from the Ford accessory website. A fairly straightforward install for the tech who did it. The 4/7 PIN harness installed at the factory evidently includes extra micro-chip(s) therefore making it a constraint...if you don't need the 7 PIN then I would drop it off the build and go with the accessory website alternative (or others that are out there).

Sponsored

ThomasK

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak & 2018 F150 Supercrew Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered Dec 17 21, Wildtrak Lux Hardtop tow package etc. Got a VIN and 8/15/22 build week. For what that's worth.
Congratulations. Not frustrated at you, but you've perfectly illustrated why those like me with earlier reservations and orders (especially when forced to re-order in Oct 2021) are being ignored. Priority given, my @$S!!

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm happy for you but what the hell???? 7 months wait time while most of us are 2 years. How the F does that shit work??? Nevermind. I really don't even want to know😡
Yep agree

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

MAP is closed for most of July.
The hard truth is that the large majority of MY22’s have already been scheduled. If you’re not scheduled yet, the odds are not in your favor of getting scheduled in this MY.
That really sucks......res 7.24.20........ordered 2.24.21

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved 5/1/21 ordered 10/21 a base manual 2 door and it would be great if mine was built before MY23 since I don't have price protection and I'd probably have to lose SAS if push into another price increase. And, I am already going back and forth about dropping it and keeping the build simple and cheap right now.

But, I really WANT lockers, but do I really NEED lockers? I got by with only LSD on my Tacoma TRD with 30" tires for years and isn't the crawler gear with the g.o.a.t. mode really capable? But the lockers are such a better deal from the factory than after market with SAS giving you front and rear lockers with up graded axles and the suspension along with tires & wheels. I think it could cost 85% or more of the SAS cost just for the two lockers and upgraded axles & gearing.

And the SAS is warrantied and calibrated and etc.

Now I'm trying to talk myself into keeping the package again... At, Least until there is or if there is a price increase.

See all this talking to myself online is driving me Bronco.

rdg698

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totally Agree. You don't call a vehicle a 2022 one month away from 2023.
Technically that’s not accurate. They can call a vehicle built between Jan 1 and Dec 31 a 2022. Releasing the next model year in October became a practice, designed to beat the competitor to market. Ford should build 2022s until Dec 31 to get the old orders completed. But they won’t.
Sponsored