Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm starting to see the writing on the wall. Anyone not happy with the markup will move their res elsewhere - probably to my dealer - pushing my delivery eons into the future.
Not necessarily....

There are a fixed number of reservations. If they move from here to there, you may get bumped back if an earlier one moves to your dealer because of the time stamp. But, if the allocation projection for the other dealer converts to a much lower number, then the allocation will be moved to another dealer. They will not maintain their allocation over what they convert. This is all still fluid. At the end of the day, Ford will produce X number of vehicles, regardless of which dealer the are converted to.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm starting to see the writing on the wall. Anyone not happy with the markup will move their res elsewhere - probably to my dealer - pushing my delivery eons into the future.
So, where exactly are you reserved at ? ....and whats your time stamp? LOL

Why don't we all just switch to Granger, which Ford would then put us in by commodities and time stamp like we all wanted to begin with?
Allocation/builds would just go right on down the reservation line as commodities allowed.
LOL

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Isn't this literally the textbook definition of price fixing?

Price Fixing | Federal Trade Commissionwww.ftc.gov ā€ŗ tips-advice ā€ŗ dealings-competitors ā€ŗ pric...

A plain agreement among competitors to fix prices is almost always illegal, whether prices are fixed at a minimum, maximum, or within some range. Illegal price fixing occurs whenever two or more competitors agree to take actions that have the effect of raising, lowering or stabilizing the price of any product or service without any legitimate justification.
Yep. You can get arrested and incarcerated for that shit.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ā€˜area dealersā€™ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say Iā€™ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. Itā€™s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they ā€œhad over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of thatā€
Same thing happened to me at Folsom Ford was lied to and not honoring what they agreed on .

Sponsored

Akula22

Outer Banks
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Folsom Lake Ford called to convert my order today. The sales guy said all the ā€˜area dealersā€™ had agreed to a $4,995 markup on the new Bronco. Needless to say Iā€™ll be switching my reservation somewhere else. Just a heads up if anyone has a reso there. Itā€™s the first time I was told after multiple emails to them with various questions. Very frustrating.

Additional info:
Per the salesman they ā€œhad over 400 reservations and were allocated about 25% of thatā€
That dealership has been trash for 25 years. I don't live in the area anymore but have had good success with Future Ford. Hope this helps.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sure, say its illegal. Get angry. Switch. Will they care? No.

What will make them care? News and negative publicity.

Document what you can. Get others to do the same. Put a good summary letter noting the problem but don't overstretch the facts. Ask questions, "We thing we got scammed. Is this just immoral and wrong or illegal?" Send it to the Mayor of the City they are in, the CA assembly person, your congressman, the BBB, whoever. Then take the whole thing to the local news and let them run with it. They can question the dealership and then the politicians and give them all negative publicity if nothing changes.

Having a cute kid with a tear in her eye say on TV that her life is ruined because mommy can't afford a new car now helps too.

Watch and have fun.

Sure I'm cynical but I'm also serious here. This works.

Stevegp

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang gt. F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So sorry to hear that anyone has to deal with this kind of b.s.
This should be a fun experience for all.
Iā€™m 52 and suddenly Santa Claus became a reality again as I eagerly await Xmas Eve.
Personally , I would spend every spare Saturday from now on standing outside that dealership ( at a legal distance of course ) holding a large hand made sign warning others.
If 10% of all reservations are with Bronco6g that would be 40 buyers who can be warned and averted causing Ford to severely penalize them !
Really pisses me off to hear of scumbags like this whilst other dealers are acting like giddy little children awaiting their own Bronco.......... like me. ?

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Ford, buying a car should be like buying a shirt or shoes or a new watch. Pick what you like, pay for it and take it home. If you donā€™t like the price, wait till it goes on sale. How many more vehicles could you move, how many people would be much happier with the experience?
/end rant/

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not necessarily....

There are a fixed number of reservations. If they move from here to there, you may get bumped back if an earlier one moves to your dealer because of the time stamp. But, if the allocation projection for the other dealer converts to a much lower number, then the allocation will be moved to another dealer. They will not maintain their allocation over what they convert. This is all still fluid. At the end of the day, Ford will produce X number of vehicles, regardless of which dealer the are converted to.
True, but all of this switching to my dealer certainly won't make me get my Bronco sooner than expected, even if my dealer's allocation increases.

The purpose of the allocation system was to somewhat equally distribute Broncos across all of the dealerships. I doubt Ford will grant 1 new allocation for every 1 res being transferred to a dealer that already has a majority of the res's. That flies in the face of what Ford wants.

I was told in October that my July 27 res would "for sure" be a 21. Not a chance.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Bronco21 you might want to call Tracy Ford (just down 5 and zig over 205 a bit). Ask for Joel. He's been handling my deal. I've got him in writing several times "no ADM, no ADM, no ADM".

From the sounds of it, they've got a couple interns pounding in orders into the Ford system as we speak. Might be worth a call there to see about yer odds of getting one through them. Again, talk to Joel. Nobody else, just Joel. Tell him "Brian from Manteca" sent ya. He's off Wednesdays and Sundays.

It's been frustrating for all of us, but what you are describing is defiantly illegal (and I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn last night). I would run, not walk from that place in a damn hurry.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Assuming it's within the state, that would be the State Attorney General.

I'm sure they have a hotline to report stuff....

::EDIT::

Antitrust Law Section​
Attorney Generalā€™s Office​
300 S. Spring St., Ste. 1702​
Los Angeles, CA 90013​
Tel.: (213) 269-6567 or (800) 952-5225 Fax: (213) 620-6005​
Attorney Generalā€™s Internet Site:​
You forgot to say, "tell 'em Squatch sent ya!"

So, where exactly are you reserved at ? ....and whats your time stamp? LOL

Why don't we all just switch to Granger, which Ford would then put us in by commodities and time stamp like we all wanted to begin with?
Allocation/builds would just go right on down the reservation line as commodities allowed.
LOL
Genius move, but some people can't even agree on pizza toppings.................

Ford Bronco Dealer called to convert, surprise 5k ADM 11QZEAxsaGkne

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Scum of the earth.