First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I agree! Insane markup.. I'm only sharing this information in the event someone wants to buy

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I actually think the Raptor is one of the worst looking Bronco versions. What you get for what you pay isn't worth it. I think the Everglades model seems like a better choice. I plan to stick with my Big Bend though. lol.
sorry but this couldnt be more backward. everything is improved on the raptor, aesthetics is just a fraction of changes. suspension alone will cost more than the msrp difference between say a badlands to raptor, then you've got the 3.0 engine, interior and exterior. value wise you're getting a whole lot. Everglades is just an overpriced 2.3L.

People that offroad will know the value a raptor brings, mall crawlers OTOH will see it as over priced.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

+30k LOL

Tneil

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
sorry but this couldnt be more backward. everything is improved on the raptor, aesthetics is just a fraction of changes. suspension alone will cost more than the msrp difference between say a badlands to raptor, then you've got the 3.0 engine, interior and exterior. value wise you're getting a whole lot. Everglades is just an overpriced 2.3L.

People that offroad will know the value a raptor brings, mall crawlers OTOH will see it as over priced.
Valid points. I am not in a position to pay about 100k or more for a vehicle and then have a mall crawler on the side. The 3.0 engine is nice and so are the off-road steel plates and suspension upgrades. I just don't think it looks as good as it could. Too bad they don't offer all the off-road upgrades as available add-ons for other models. That way you could get the hardware and off-road stuff avoid all the fluffy package add-ons and whatever else. Like get a base or big bend and have options to add 3.0 engine, 4.0 suspension, etc.. I mean if you don't get the Raptor and then have 50k addtional money to play with what could you do on your own with 3rd party add ons? Probably a lot. Good job challenging my comment. Made me think about it and maybe I meant it to come out differently. Cheers!

OP
OP
cyber007x

cyber007x

Raptor
First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco RAPTOR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Valid points. I am not in a position to pay about 100k or more for a vehicle and then have a mall crawler on the side. The 3.0 engine is nice and so are the off-road steel plates and suspension upgrades. I just don't think it looks as good as it could. Too bad they don't offer all the off-road upgrades as available add-ons for other models. That way you could get the hardware and off-road stuff avoid all the fluffy package add-ons and whatever else. Like get a base or big bend and have options to add 3.0 engine, 4.0 suspension, etc.. I mean if you don't get the Raptor and then have 50k addtional money to play with what could you do on your own with 3rd party add ons? Probably a lot. Good job challenging my comment. Made me think about it and maybe I meant it to come out differently. Cheers!
You guys are forgetting that you could have added the HOSS 3.0 package to a standard Bronco

Sponsored

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer offered me his allocation at $20k over. After everything it would have been $100k. I considered it. But I would have to sell it . Idk, probably would have made some real money.

Tneil

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You guys are forgetting that you could have added the HOSS 3.0 package to a standard Bronco
Right. Good point. Maybe next year after the Raptor launch some of those features will be available as add ons.

Where I live Broncos are very hard to find.

I was driving out to an area on a vacation to a very remote area and in a small town they had a Big Bend on their lot. Offered it to me at MSRP so I took it and then figured out what features it had (or didn't).

monsterfd

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

thats an option that I hear a lot but in actuality I dont see executed often. I dont think most will want to spend more on mods than the value of the car. if you get it oem, it can be financed, warrantied and insured, and come time to sell more capital can be recouped vs if it were thrown in 3rd party. also 50k doesnt go all too far honestly, its about 15k for a bolt on long travel kit + another 5k to install it in an f150 raptor, and thats just the front. that doesnt include diff or axles which you would have to do on lower trims, I know a good dana60 axle in the rear is around 8k installed for the jeep guys. at some point, its all or nothing. you're not going to do a dana60 in the rear and not do the front, or do both and not get a wider track axle while your at it, which require longer arms which require longer suspension and then not have the power move move all the extra weight. enjoyed the healthy conversations about the topic with you, have a good one!

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, does it come with a year of rape counseling?
Sponsored