Sponsored

Dealer in Las Vegas Friendly Ford just cancelled my reservation without my notice

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sometimes its hard to tell someone exactly what they dont want to hear but.... like @kodiakisland said, this isnt on anybody but the OP. Just cause your place a reservation in 2020 doesn't mean anything, you need to actually place an ORDER.... reservation means jack without it being converted to an order.
Sponsored

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
NO ONE CAN CANCEL A RESERVATION BUT THE INDIVIDUAL LAYING $100 on the account.
This was discussed ad nauseam when reservations originally opened up. The terms and conditions of that reservation agreement are very clear....

https://www.ford.com/help/terms-conditions/#reservation

"6. Right to Decline, Cancel Reservation.
Ford, at its sole discretion, may decline or cancel your Reservation at any time, for any reason. You will be notified by email if your Reservation is declined, and your Reservation Deposit will be refunded if it has already been processed."

Hopefully you find a path to resolve your concern and get a new Bronco.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sometimes its hard to tell someone exactly what they dont want to hear but.... like @kodiakisland said, this isnt on anybody but the OP. Just cause your place a reservation in 2020 doesn't mean anything, you need to actually place an ORDER.... reservation means jack without it being converted to an order.
agree, with this. This is on the OP.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I tried to place the order but I had problems with the Ford PDF. I asked the Friendly Ford salesperson Alberto Meraz for help. We never finished it. He was supposed to get back to me.
You need to plan on following up with dealers to make sure you get what you want. I know how we think it should work, and some salesman are better than others. I wouldn’t let it rest on salesman with no follow through.

You should make a trip to the dealer and see if they can get you another reservation number that someone didn’t use that has price protection (101 or 102) and make sure you’re set to order with them when the 23 order banks open.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Friendly Ford is greedy they found my reservation had some sucker to pay way over list and used my reservation.
How could they use your reservation if it was canceled? Why wouldn't they just order direct from Ford?

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously you will not be taking any personal responsibility for the situation, but the question still remains;

How long do you think a dealer should hold a reservation that was expressly for a 2021MY ordering slot, a slot that closed more than six months ago, without any contact from the holder? Claiming they were going to get back to you is ridiculous, if you were on hold with a store for three hours, you would hang up and call back. If the manager said they were going to call you back after you complained about the hold time, and then didn't for a week, you would call back or march in there, but you hold car salesmen in such high regard that you would wait forever for them to call you back because they said they would? How can you seriously expect anyone to believe that? Did you not know they stopped taking orders for 2021MY and moved on to 2022MY? Why did you not contact them after 1/1/22? We all know the answer, well...everyone but you. You forgot all about it until you got a cancellation notice and then you got all righteous and indignant.

As an aside; How can you be absolutely sure that you did not miss an email or a slew of them in a spam box from your dealer, or missed a dozen phone calls because you ignored a phone number you didn't recognize last Fall? Perhaps your dealer reached out a dozen times, you cannot know for sure.

You are so cocksure that someone other than you is 100% responsible for this incident that you refuse to even consider any alternative that you bear some culpability, you will never change your mind. We get it, but you won't convince anyone else. You will be in a club of one.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was discussed ad nauseam when reservations originally opened up. The terms and conditions of that reservation agreement are very clear....

https://www.ford.com/help/terms-conditions/#reservation

"6. Right to Decline, Cancel Reservation.
Ford, at its sole discretion, may decline or cancel your Reservation at any time, for any reason. You will be notified by email if your Reservation is declined, and your Reservation Deposit will be refunded if it has already been processed."

Hopefully you find a path to resolve your concern and get a new Bronco.
Yep- it would have been best if he converted but Ford's messaging is all over the place-
Can I convert my Bronco reservation to an order after the initial deadline? (ford.com)

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
OP
OP
1guzeman

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Plain and simple, this is on you. A year and a half later and you still haven't converted the reservation to an order? Doesn't sound like you wanted one in the first place. How many times has Ford given us deadlines to order? Even if your reservation was still active, you wouldn't be getting a Bronco. You have to actually place an order. As it is now, that would be for a 2023.
If you want one, place an order for one when allowed. Your reservation didn't mean anything now any way.

Your reservation was for a 2021 Bronco which you didn't order. You could have used that for a 2022 Bronco, which you didn't order. What exactly have you lost?
Kodiak island what are you crazy it’s up to me? I placed an order and I’ve got orders to prove it through out the year, there were so many changes and update but straight up NONE came from Friendly ford. Thank God for Bronco6g. Learned most everything on her. My salesperson??? Alberto Marantz went AWOL. Sales 101…. Call the customer and if he wants out to cancel NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER . Snooze you lose. Forgetaboutit dude

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, having read through the pages of posts on this thread, it seems like the OP has a computer literacy problem (look at the weird way he's quoting prior posts and responding to them), and because of that, he probably overlooked the emails from Ford telling him to convert his reservation to an order. I bet if he searches his email accounts for emails from Ford, he'd find UNREAD emails telling him to convert his reservation to an order. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, that seems like the simplest and most likely explanation for this scenario. I see this all the time in my line of work - I'm a civil litigation defense attorney - so I'm sensitive to the concept of "user error."

Sponsored

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kodiak island what are you crazy it’s up to me? I placed an order and I’ve got orders to prove it through out the year, there were so many changes and update but straight up NONE came from Friendly ford. Thank God for Bronco6g. Learned most everything on her. My salesperson??? Alberto Marantz went AWOL. Sales 101…. Call the customer and if he wants out to cancel NOTIFY THE CUSTOMER . Snooze you lose. Forgetaboutit dude
Your ordering a 30,000$+vehicle, it’s called being an adult. Dont leave stuff like this up to other people. Follow up, ask questions, etc.

If you really wanted the bronco and had a problem ordering you go to the manager you don’t just leave it up in the air.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya I think that has to do with the first deadline, I think the one that just past is a different story.
I get that but why add the last part and boldly state NOT while in the disclaimer saying they can ?
" your reservation will NOT be canceled automatically "

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I get that but why add the last part and boldly state NOT while in the disclaimer saying they can ?
" your reservation will NOT be canceled automatically "
That deadline was almost over a year ago. My guess is they havent clean up the rules and guidelines.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh.
200.gif

LVBase

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150, 2013 PT Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sorry about your experience. I reserved with Friendly Ford on March 17 2021. At the time they were the only Dealer in Las Vegas on the no ADM list. I recieved a call the next day confirming my reservation and thanking me. At that time I asked about ADM and they said No ADM at Friendly Ford. I was still apprehensive.
When the order banks opened in October I placed my order online with a 500.00 deposit, never spoke with anyone. They confirmed my order by email and I again asked about ADM and they said no ADM at Friendly Ford. Now I had "No ADM" in an email at least. Every following email with them I would respond using the "No ADM" email. January 30 my Bronco was ready for pickup. I went there with knots in my stomach expecting the worst. They sold it at ADM with about 1000.00 worth of vaprorware. They "forgot" about the price guarantee and my deposit. I had emails and the purchase agreement confirming both so that was ok.
In the end I'm happy, no ADM and I just figure their vaporware just cost them a warranty I might have bought.
Sponsored