First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I live in Florida . My credit union needs buyers order from dealer to confirm my loan with them. I called my dealer expecting no problem but they are fighting me tooth and nail to get it. After several calls and emails they said they would but then afterwards is asking for a copy of driver's license to send it to me. Why ? Why do I need to send the dealer my driver's license so they can send the total cost of my bronco ? Has this happened to anyone. Is it a requirement . It feels fishy. Like I'm being scammed
Sponsored

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine did the same thing and made me fill out a on-line credit app before they would send the buyers agreement. I fought with them for two weeks but gave in and did it so I could pick up my Bronco.

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Florida . My credit union needs buyers order from dealer to confirm my loan with them. I called my dealer expecting no problem but they are fighting me tooth and nail to get it. After several calls and emails they said they would but then afterwards is asking for a copy of driver's license to send it to me. Why ? Why do I need to send the dealer my driver's license so they can send the total cost of my bronco ? Has this happened to anyone. Is it a requirement . It feels fishy. Like I'm being scammed
Osky. Wouldnā€™t stress too much on them asking for your DL. If you had gone in for a test drive they would have taken a copy of ur DL for their records.

Given all u have been through fellow 1/17 blend weeker. Snap u pic of ur DL. Send it over and gather that wildtrack of yours and ride off into the Florida sunset.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, they made a copy of my drivers license when I made a deposit even to order when banks open up to link me to the order, no issues with it from me Iā€™m glad theyā€™re verifying.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had dealers refuse to sell me a vehicle unless they could run my credit on a vehicle being purchased outright with a cashiers check from the bank next to the dealership.

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just wait, it is getting much worse. There is a huge demand for identity verification and a lot of businesses now want I'd verification with SS# , DL, and a biometric face scan. Just a copy of you DL is really no big deal.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wait, it is getting much worse. There is a huge demand for identity verification and a lot of businesses now want I'd verification with SS# , DL, and a biometric face scan. Just a copy of you DL is really no big deal.
Welcome to the great reset where ā€œyou will own nothing and be happyā€ Klaus Schwab WEF. Think this is bad, just wait until they try to make the dollar digitalā€¦ you said something online they donā€™t like, canā€™t access your money, you voted for the wrong personā€¦ you get it.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Osky. Wouldnā€™t stress too much on them asking for your DL. If you had gone in for a test drive they would have taken a copy of ur DL for their records.

Given all u have been through fellow 1/17 blend weeker. Snap u pic of ur DL. Send it over and gather that wildtrack of yours and ride off into the Florida sunset.
I've never been asked for a driver's license to test drive a vehicle.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never been asked for a driver's license to test drive a vehicle.
They just assume you have one? This seems like standard practice to ask for one. What if you wreck the vehicle during the test drive, theyā€™re going to want your insurance info to pay for it too right? In Florida theyā€™re PLENTY of people who either shouldnā€™t be driving, or may not be driving legally

Trail_Runner

Base
First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150, 97 Jeep TJ, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I gave my dealer my DL when I ordered mine.

I had also planed to go though my CU for my loan (2.24%) But my dealer was determined to beat it and they did (1.99%).

Sponsored

AKMark

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2015 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly what my selling dealership did. Then had the audacity to ask me to give them a good rating on the Ford survey.

I've had dealers refuse to sell me a vehicle unless they could run my credit on a vehicle being purchased outright with a cashiers check from the bank next to the dealership.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I paid cash for mine and wouldn't let them run a credit report. I just asked them what form of payment they needed to skip that step and a cashier's check was good enough. On the day I bought it, the finance guy told me the exact amount that I needed, wrote it down for me, and I went over to the bank and got the check. Back in less than half an hour and completed the purchase.

I'm annoyed when people want credit information that they don't actually need.

hsun85

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Off Road Premium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear that's standard practice to verify one's ID, also to make sure someone is not a list, part of the Patriot Act. I could be wrong.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Every new car Iā€™ve ever bought the dealer wanted a copy of license even to test drive. I wouldnā€™t worry about it.
Sponsored