First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have had a 76 Bronco for 24 years. I had only the hard top for the first 5 years. Once I had a soft top the hard top just hung from the ceiling of my garage for 19 years. I thought I would swap them back and forth during the change of seasons but never did. I also found I hated running with no top. The sun was un bearable... thighs got sunburned and was overall miserable. I ran it with the side windows zipped out pretty much 100% of the time. No way I would ever remove the top panels on a mod top. the sides would stay out pretty much all the time.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Deliveries aren't expected to start until at least June. Will it really take Webasto 9 months to have tops available? People seem to feel 21 production will wrap up by end of 21 calendar year, so that doesn't leave a lot of time.
Is their new factory even completely built yet?

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you send the MIC top in person? Doubt it would fit together if line-x was applied. My fear with the MIC is it warping over time in the sun. It is just plastic...

opps... meant to quote previous post.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Donā€™t get it. Soft top all day until mods come out.

THEY CANT MAKE ALL US GET THIS GREY MIC TOP!
So the MIC is the gray garbage we have been seeing and the Modular top is the black one non painted right?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is their new factory even completely built yet?
I think it's due end of year. Could be they're behind schedule. it say's they have over 30 production locations, so they could possibly set up somewhere else temporarily for such an important contract.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think they should give us a voucher to purchase the MOD top at the build price and not the Ford Parts Counter price later on. It is going to be so spendy later. I bet its close to $3500 instead of the $1895.
I you look at the dual top with modular option price, since the four door already has a soft top, that should be a good proxy for how much the modular hard top will cost as a part.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And all of the focus groups and all of Ford.
At first I was all "where the heck is the white top?" now...I'm with you. I don't think it translates well to the modern Bronco and think that, on some colours, the MIC actually looks better than white or black would.

I bet Ford likely knows that the "regular" foik won't buy as many white tops.

It's too bad the white top isn't available. I'd be curious to see how many Broncos would be sold with body colour vs black vs white.
It sucks that the white top people can't get what they want, but obviously Ford and the focus groups agree that white tops won't be as popular. To be fair, very few are actually getting what the want until we 2022....

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I just got off the phone with my local sales rep, and hereā€™s what I was told (now this was from a sales rep so I know theyā€™re just trying to keep me on the hook, but for what itā€™s worth):

I was assured that when I sit down to order, it will be line item by line item, in a much more detailed format than Build & Price. I wanted to avoid an ordering process where I just went in to click through B&P with some sales rep. I was told that I should know exactly what Iā€™m getting and should have the typical ā€œfree rangeā€ of any custom build like other Ford models. I am hoping this means that I can say, ā€œokay I want badlands, with gloss black rims, gloss black grille and mirror cap package, with dual hardtops (soft top for time being), and body color painted door handles (if Iā€™m lucky)ā€, and they may be able to accommodate. We will see.

I was also told no dealer markups unlike other local dealerships, and that per a meeting this morning, the new deposit should be ā€œmore like $1,000ā€ and not like a percentage of down payment.

Hope this answers some unknowns for you guys.
Not a chance.

B&P gives a general overview of what's available and a good estimate of pricing.

What we really need - and the document the sales rep is talking about - is the full order guide. This document spells out specifically what comes on each trim level line by line, and what options can be had with each trim.

So in that sense, yes, you'll have more detailed information, and you'll be able to run through each option and say yes or no, but you're still limited to whatever is available within that trim level. You won't be able to as you said choose "I want gloss black rims, body color handles, etc. etc." from the factory.

Now, for more minor things like the handles or mirror caps or grille, the dealer might be able to work out something with you where for X cost, they get replacement parts in and paint them body color or black, and replace the factory ones, but that'd be a dealer-done thing, not from Ford itself.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw a new Chevy Blazer today with a white top.

Just sayin'.

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a chance.

B&P gives a general overview of what's available and a good estimate of pricing.

What we really need - and the document the sales rep is talking about - is the full order guide. This document spells out specifically what comes on each trim level line by line, and what options can be had with each trim.

So in that sense, yes, you'll have more detailed information, and you'll be able to run through each option and say yes or no, but you're still limited to whatever is available within that trim level. You won't be able to as you said choose "I want gloss black rims, body color handles, etc. etc." from the factory.

Now, for more minor things like the handles or mirror caps or grille, the dealer might be able to work out something with you where for X cost, they get replacement parts in and paint them body color or black, and replace the factory ones, but that'd be a dealer-done thing, not from Ford itself.
I feared what youā€™re saying is true... but hopefully between Ford and the dealer, they can get me set up how I want it. At $60k, this stuff oughta be Burger King: have it your way.

based on this comment, anyone getting a Wildtrak that wants to trade their completely black rims for the beauty ring rims??

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None of this really bothers me... I am more of built it myself person. Aftermarket will have many more and hopefully better accessories than what Ford could ever offer. I am also a pretty good fabricator so I will build a lot of these add ons myself.

the only thing I wish would change is adding marine vinyl and headlights from BB or BL to the base model. I really liked those seats when I saw them in person.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man I wish the velocity blue looked closer to the blue in the picture with white top the blue in the picture looks closer to grabber blue. Velocity blue was on my short list with cactus gray a d cyber orange but now thereā€™s no white top till 22. Ford needs to have this white top out day 1 in. Y opinion
Sponsored