NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If that was to happen to me, I’d tell the dealer to fix it. If the dealer did not fix it, I’d document everything, take the vehicle when it comes in and the sue for the difference between the shady dealer and the best price you would have gotten had you been allowed to transfer. Then depending on the state you live in you may be able to triple that amount and get attorney fees as well.
in short - they have stolen your reservation and your opportunity to go elsewhere.
Hearts in the right place but this would never work. The terms and conditions of the reservation make it clear it guarantees nothing and has no monetary value.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they placed the order, how did you agree on a price?
I have a build sheet with all the details of my order on it, that I signed. An actual build sheet, like you'd get with any vehicle order that you put a deposit on from a dealership.

I guess I'm a step ahead of confirmation, I'm actually submitted to the order banks.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all the times I've said over 90% of car dealers are dishonest (insert your choice words here), and people pushed back on me...

I rest my case, your honor!
Unless 90% of all dealers are doing this, I would say your case sucks, at least based on your anecdotal evidence. Case dismissed!

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't want to be your employee if your willing to risk my reservation to test something... Or are you one of the unscrupulous dealers that had employees make reservations to cheat around no dealer inventory ???
The reservation holder must take posession of the vehicle or its treated as a cancelled order and penalized. Plus he's testing it on a reservation that was created today.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't want to be your employee if your willing to risk my reservation to test something... Or are you one of the unscrupulous dealers that had employees make reservations to cheat around no dealer inventory ???
neither...they put the reservation in today, so it wont affect anyone...i may not be the smartest, but i wouldn't take an employee reservation earlier than today and test it...i also asked them if i could test and they said ok

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
neither...they put the reservation in today, so it wont affect anyone...i may not be the smartest, but i wouldn't take an employee reservation earlier than today and test it...i also asked them if i could test and they said ok
What was the result of the test!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The reservation holder must take posession of the vehicle or its treated as a cancelled order and penalized. Plus he's testing it on a reservation that was created today.
That's how you interpret it...

He said it was converted today, not the res was made today... I mean i hope you're right for the guinea pigs sake.

As far as the penalties, they kick in at over 20% of conversions, so still can do some shady business and be within standards.

***I see he clarified the original post before you responded. So it's all above board, but with what was originally posted i obviously had questions lol ***

Reactions: jxc

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hearts in the right place but this would never work. The terms and conditions of the reservation make it clear it guarantees nothing and has no monetary value.
I disagree. If it was worthless , ford would not have required 100 dollars. That didn’t guarantee you a vehicle - depending on what Ford did, but I think the argument is that it did guarantee you the same reservation process as every other reservation holder . The dealer- not ford motor company has stolen that from you.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I disagree. If it was worthless , ford would not have required 100 dollars. That didn’t guarantee you a vehicle - depending on what Ford did, but I think the argument is that it did guarantee you the same reservation process as every other reservation holder . The dealer- not ford motor company has stolen that from you.
No, the $100 is fully refundable and they will gladly do so if you just cancel
Sponsored