E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow - 3 days? I have been told 3 weeks, and I am there now. Others appear to be longer. I was assured like many others that they will have this fixed before 3/19. I told them I'm not really comfortable cutting things that close, so what does it really take to do this? This is not a high tech issue, but rather apparently a function of volume. I would say that the system early on must have created "orders" any time a dealer did an inquiry or build for pricing for you. (giving some the benefit of the doubt) and that has created a huge backlog of manual changes.
The current procces after making the new reservation is "3 days". I have been in the process of changing back to reservation for almost 6 weeks, since day 1 of orders being open.
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current procces after making the new reservation is "3 days". I have been in the process of changing back to reservation for almost 6 weeks, since day 1 of orders being open.
maybe in theory, but I made my new reservation over 2 weeks ago...and have called multiple times and have the names of all those people I've spoken with at the Ford CRC.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe in theory, but I made my new reservation over 2 weeks ago...and have called multiple times and have the names of all those people I've spoken with at the Ford CRC.
Maybe they are going in order by reservation number? Or by date of opening the concern?
I'm just excited that I got a call and something is happening.

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just got off the phone with Amanda from ford bronco team. She had me make a new reservation and it could take up to 3 days for timestamp to be updated.

finally!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They aren't reversing it, they are letting the order go to the first dealer and just manually creating roughly equivalent reservations for a new order (a second one). The first dealer screwed everyone behind you in reservation line as well.

Sponsored

Muhgluf

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, Tesla, Chevrolet, Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They aren't reversing it, they are letting the order go to the first dealer and just manually creating roughly equivalent reservations for a new order (a second one). The first dealer screwed everyone behind you in reservation line as well.
so does the first dealer still benefit by unfairly placing the order? Like their order won’t truly disappear?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like it, ford cannot change the order at dealer level, so they have people make a new reservation and then change the timestamp on it. The first reservation remains converted.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so does the first dealer still benefit by unfairly placing the order? Like their order won’t truly disappear?
Yeah, their converted order number on March 20th is what determines 2021 allocation (or 50% of their allocation), so yeah, it benefits them to pull that crap. That's why a lot of crap dealers just converted all of their pre-Sep 19th reservations. I know some did it in error...but some just decided to do it to boost allocation.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After you all get the second reservation made with all the transferred information from the first reservation held up by A-hole dealer, maybe you should call back to the original dealer and cancel your first reservation.

Or maybe Ford should remind these A-hats that if the original reservation holder doesn't take possession of the Bronco, that their will be consequences. At least that's what we were told.

The above poster was right, now being a 22MY year guy am going to be pushed even further down because they're doing a Bronco grab and being short sighted on how this impacts the customer. More of the same I guess from stealerships.

Good luck everyone.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One they get their allocations, they can probably cancel them pre-vin and not get a penalty, or adm them up and work the numbers to be right at 19% miss-sold to avoid penalty. Not sure when they were going to fix the orders for people who really wanted them, if they waited until March 20 to update, they would miss any chance at first quarter build. I guess not screwing early reservation customers who stayed with them didn't matter.

Edit; this likely means that ADM early units will be in the lots early on, maybe more than a few.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One they get their allocations, they can probably cancel them pre-vin and not get a penalty, or adm them up and work the numbers to be right at 19% miss-sold to avoid penalty. Not sure when they were going to fix the orders for people who really wanted them, if they waited until March 20 to update, they would miss any chance at first quarter build. I guess not screwing early reservation customers who stayed with them didn't matter.

Edit; this likely means that ADM early units will be in the lots early on, maybe more than a few.
I didn't consider this angle, unreal. Ford really should start eliminating allocations for repeat offender dealerships like this. Angling the system and screwing over legit Ford dealers doing upfront business transactions with customers. Ford should figure out a way to get extra compensation to the customer friendly dealerships vs this allocation model that promotes shady behavior.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they are going in order by reservation number? Or by date of opening the concern?
I'm just excited that I got a call and something is happening.
I just got the call-back finally. They confirmed the new reservation number and my dealer choice and said it would be done in 3 days. Not sure if this was just "my place in line" or having called so many times that "the squeaky wheel" got oiled...

I'll take it either way - now I understand the context of what is happening: You lodge the issue with the CRC, then it can take 3 weeks for them to call you, and then at that point the process is a 3 day turnaround to completion. Totally makes sense. 🤦‍♂️

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got the call-back finally. They confirmed the new reservation number and my dealer choice and said it would be done in 3 days. Not sure if this was just "my place in line" or having called so many times that "the squeaky wheel" got oiled...

I'll take it either way - now I understand the context of what is happening: You lodge the issue with the CRC, then it can take 3 weeks for them to call you, and then at that point the process is a 3 day turnaround to completion. Totally makes sense. 🤦‍♂️
Don't forget about the 3 calls to CRC!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget about the 3 calls to CRC!
Yeah, and their call back to me came up on my iPhone as "suspected spam" and I took it on the off-chance it was not just another "your car warranty has expired" or "your social security number is under investigation" call.

Moral of the story - until you get your call, answer the crap calls to be safe...

Edit: Oh, and more than 3 conversations, now that I look at my notes… First call with Ruby, then “Bob”, then Amanda, then Ciera and earlier today, Kewanda. The call-back with the good news came from Earnestine, God bless her!

Last edited: