Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! 1603759072041

Was a no brainer for me, been DD'n a 2dr JK forever now so I'm used to the size
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...and 13 year old girls have no interest in being anywhere around their parents

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the reply!
Looks like a 4 door for me then.. for now.. I'll probably change my mind 12 times between now and mid-December lol
The 4-dr back seats fold the same. You still have a lip. Of course, you could get the pull-out tailgate accessory that will level out the difference between the folded seat backs and the cargo area. One of the key benefits to me on the 2-dr is the B-pillar moved further back.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I keep leaning towards two door as well. The 4 door needs Sasquatch. It’s stance just doesn’t look right without it. The two door however looks just fine with either 32” or 33” tires (the black trail rig badlands bronco is my favorite concept so far). Going with the 2 door ends up saving me around 7-8k since I’m not paying for the extra two doors or Sasquatch.

Sponsored

Wild Willie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 4-dr back seats fold the same. You still have a lip. Of course, you could get the pull-out tailgate accessory that will level out the difference between the folded seat backs and the cargo area. One of the key benefits to me on the 2-dr is the B-pillar moved further back.
I like that too in the 2 door, but I'm gonna need room for my dog. The cargo area in the 2 door is awful small. I'm probably gonna need back seats sometimes, and it'd be hard to get him to try to navigate into a back seat through the side door on a 2 door. Even if they're not level, a 4 door with the seats folded down should work ok.
So is the pull out tailgate an accessory? I didnt know if it was standard or something you had to add on.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that too in the 2 door, but I'm gonna need room for my dog. The cargo area in the 2 door is awful small. I'm probably gonna need back seats sometimes, and it'd be hard to get him to try to navigate into a back seat through the side door on a 2 door. Even if they're not level, a 4 door with the seats folded down should work ok.
So is the pull out tailgate an accessory? I didnt know if it was standard or something you had to add on.
Good news for you is that the tailgate is only available on the 4-dr. It is an accessory. Not sure if it is available in B/P or if it is a late availability. My dog will enter through the rear gate and will have the entire flat back area with his memory foam mattress to lounge on like the King he is.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I’m in the minority. Besides 2 kids (and usually a friend), the dog, and a shit ton of other gear to haul around, I actually think the 4 door had a better look. Especially with the doors and top off. I’d probably opt for the 4 door even without all the other reasons.

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I’m in the minority. Besides 2 kids (and usually a friend), the dog, and a shit ton of other gear to haul around, I actually think the 4 door had a better look. Especially with the doors and top off. I’d probably opt for the 4 door even without all the other reasons.
4dr is definitely the better looking one with the roof off. But unless you Sasquatch it, 4dr looks like a limousine to me. I noticed roof rails also help with the stance on the 4dr. I think it's the angle of the roll bar in the back that makes the 2dr look worse with the roof off. I guess it has to be like that to provide support for the roof rails, which are the same length for both 2dr and 4dr.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
You sir, are one lucky ass man.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I first saw the new Bronco I didn't have to look at it as need vs want as far as space and seating. I've been divorced 13 years. No significant other. The kids are out of the house. I would like to say its just me and the dog but there's no dog. I don't need a 4 door obviously but I still approached my decision on appearance. I can afford the 4 door so not a cost thing. To me the 2dr just looks so much better. Similar to any vehicle that the designer had a coupe in mind and then stretched it into a 4 door option.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel you bro, but man the only thing that kills me is that cargo size, it’s SO SMALL UGH
Ya, same here. When I go out for an adventure I take a lot of gear. If I had the two door AND had to take people along with gear there would be no way. You can go the roof rack route but it doesn’t look like it holds all that much, and it definitely doesn’t tow enough. Two doors look good though, can’t deny it.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
Rent a two door jeep for a week, maybe two and see if your good with it.

Aboen

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak (BMW M2)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$$ not a big factor for me, 2dr just looks so cool
Sponsored