First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

IMG_3322.JPG
Good grief so many on this site have lost their mind. If Ford wants it back there is a good reason for it. It's probably missing something. Do you really think they would spend all this money for giggles and grins? Sure its frustrating but I would be happy they are willing to do all this to make it right. Question for the good folks on this forum, if you HATE ford this much, why in the eff would you buy a Bronco? And don't give me that crap about having the right to whine and complain, that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the HATE, ford can't do anything right. Just get something else already! The Bronco is after all conceived, designed, and manufactured by "Ford"!
Sponsored

Zachsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep commander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why does everything Ford does have to have nefarious motives? Ford flagged something wrong with the build and need it back. ✅
Because they're not being transparent. Seems like ford has gone out of their way lately to make sure nobody gets answers. I don't see you're getting the glass half full on a situation like this.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And if FoMoCo's culture is to make decisions that places their customers long term satisfaction ahead of a potentially bad situation, then why won't they even acknowledge the fact that they had a bad batch of valves in the 2.7 engine?
The valve issue was identified by LEP last year. I don't know what happened but it seems to be a QA failure for a number of valves. If each valve had a unique serial number then it would be possible to track the bad valves to a VIN. But they don't. I think those of us with 2021 2.7 Nano builds would appreciate hearing from FoMoCo about the issues. You and I both know that isn't going to happened because failure to identify the bad valves and correct the problem before shipping has potential legal liability risk to the corporation. Corporate lawyers are paid to limit their employers exposure to legal risk. The OP was fortunate to have their new Bronco identified as having an issue, and FoMoCo is paying to have it returned, fixed and the shipped back to the dealer at a significant cost. Plus the dealer is providing a new car for the OP's use until they take possession of the new Bronco. I applaud FoMoCo for taking this action. The Bronco is still FoMoCo property and they have zero responsibility to explain why they have taken this action. Insisting otherwise would be like insisting that everything the dealer finds wrong during the PDI be disclosed to the buyer. That ain't going to happen.

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because they're not being transparent. Seems like ford has gone out of their way lately to make sure nobody gets answers. I don't see you're getting the glass half full on a situation like this.
So, you would expect the owner of the house you are buying to tell you about everything they fixed in their house before you bought it. What a headache that would be. Imagine having to explain everything to every potential buyer about your home. Disclosing an ant problem you once had could be distorted into an infestation issue. A plugged toilet would lead to concerns about the plumbing. This is why we hire real estate agents to sell our homes. They know how to balance transparency with keeping some information private. Where do all of these demands for transparency come from anyway? I said this in my last comments that the Bronco belongs to FoMoCo. They have no responsibility to disclose how it was built, and what actions were taken to finish the product.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The valve issue was identified by LEP last year. I don't know what happened but it seems to be a QA failure for a number of valves. If each valve had a unique serial number then it would be possible to track the bad valves to a VIN. But they don't. I think those of us with 2021 2.7 Nano builds would appreciate hearing from FoMoCo about the issues. You and I both know that isn't going to happened because failure to identify the bad valves and correct the problem before shipping has potential legal liability risk to the corporation. Corporate lawyers are paid to limit their employers exposure to legal risk. The OP was fortunate to have their new Bronco identified as having an issue, and FoMoCo is paying to have it returned, fixed and the shipped back to the dealer at a significant cost. Plus the dealer is providing a new car for the OP's use until they take possession of the new Bronco. I applaud FoMoCo for taking this action. The Bronco is still FoMoCo property and they have zero responsibility to explain why they have taken this action. Insisting otherwise would be like insisting that everything the dealer finds wrong during the PDI be disclosed to the buyer. That ain't going to happen.
Wow!!! There is at least one person on this forum with a few brain cells.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This passed Friday, I had my Outer Banks Cyber Orange Bronco snatched from my fingers! It also ripped my heart out. I got a video of it being taken off the car carrier, I touched it, I sat in it, I was ecstatic and couldn't believe it was here! I had to go back to work then so my dealership told me they were going to clean her up and start the paperwork and they would call me to let me know when to come back for it.

Less than two hours later I get a text message from my saleslady all upset. Matter of fact, everyone at that dealership was upset. Michigan said they needed the Bronco back. My dealership said they have never had this happen before and they wouldn't give it up without a fight. After a few hours, I get told the girl had to go back to Michigan, with no explanation. Luckily, it was put on a truck by the afternoon, because I truly thought it would sit there for days before heading back.

I am told it will come back by the end of this week some time. I was assured it would because Michigan put it in an email saying so. I told my saleslady, "so you believe the BS they fed you?"

I will say, my dealership came through to help me out since I had sold my car the same day, they gave me a brand new car for a loaner until my girl shows back up. I changed her name from Elka Rose Nivens, to now Elka 'Circle Back' Rose!

My head is holding high! The stress just about did me in that day, but my saleslady calmed me back down and has done a tremendous job taking care of me.

The 1/17/22 group was basically the only ones that knew about this, but just decided to see if anyone else had this happen!

Ford Bronco [Update: It’s Back!!] Delivered Bronco taken back to Michigan by Ford 1653403263312
90% of the hate on this forum is coming from those that do not even own a Bronco. If you hate Ford, just cancel your order, why the eff would you buy anything much less an automobile from someone you hate? In case you don't know, a Bronco will always be a "Ford". I watched literally every review on the Internet mostly from owners, and by far the vast majority of us are thrilled with our Bronco. Some on here dig up and repost everything that is wrong with the Bronco. JUST GET SOMETING ELSE!

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the dealer sold it. Maybe the owners daughter really wanted it or something, but I have never heard of a vehicle going back to the plant, not even sure if they have a process to cover that. However, I have heard of several stop sales - I almost bought a yamaha R1 back in '15 but remembered to ask about the transmission stop sale before doing paperwork and the answer was "it will be fixed before you take delivery" and I replied "I'm taking delivery today"! They couldn't give me an answer so I rode over to the Honda dealer and bought a CBR.

I also was interested in the '17 Miata RF when they first came out, and found one on the lot that was a stop sale I think due to that rim needing replacement shocks.

In both of the above cases, the dealers were holding the vehicle and replacing the part. I just can't imagine any reason Ford would want the vehicle back and not simply ship the parts to the dealer for them to fix. However, I can imagine 20 thousand or more reasons why they would sell it to someone else.

I also think if it was something found in PDI the dealer would have told the OP what it was.

The timeline is also suspicious - it got on a truck the same day? Supposed to be back in a week?

As for the loaner, my prediction is that you'll get a call in a week or so saying that they don't know when your Bronco will be back but they will offer to sell you the car you're driving for a good deal, or you can return the car by a certain day.

I hope I'm wrong about all of the above, and if we hear another story or 2 like this, then I'll believe it, or if the OP gets their Bronco in a week or 2.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I meant to add that when your vehicle comes in, get to the dealer immediately and don't leave without your vehicle. Do not give an unscrupulous salesperson a chance to sell it.

Sponsored

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will put it mildly.... Ford is one f'd up mess.... had many cars over the years ordered and this time & with an early reservation 7/16/20, modification 3/21, and a final delivery date eta ( given by Ford) of 5/22/22.... its still in Michigan..... without any eta as of today 5/24/22. Never had delays like this one which takes the cake. I've seen many many B's on the road and being re-sold and newly delivered at dealers.... but where's mine!!??!! Damn disappointing and I promise never again to buy a Ford.... under any circumstances. I will take this one because I do not want the dealer to re-sell it at a huge profit.... rather make that markup profit on my own: Fully equip'd '22 Wildtrac, seq pack, 354, soft top and all black.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
one of the reason for the upsetness is the fact that this customer, like me, is one of the dirt mountain people. that means this vehicle was built back in January and then he was one of the very very rare people to get actually completed after sitting outside for 5 months and just as he could see it, touch it, and taste it if that's your thing, ford said actually ship it back to Michigan. While ford is telling him he'll have it back this week, you could understand if it's hard to let it slip back to the plant when there's a part of him that no doubt wonders how long they will really have it at that plant. mine for instance, is going to be there until august from a Jan build sitting outside. i have zero faith i will see mine in august by the way, probably more like next january. so, that's why this one hurts so bad. i can empathize with him. if my dirt mountain wait was finally over and i showed up after selling my car, ready to part with the money and take it home and then they shipped it back after this two year journey where they turned reservations into meaninglessness and all the other bumps along the road, i would be really upset.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, I meant to add that when your vehicle comes in, get to the dealer immediately and don't leave without your vehicle. Do not give an unscrupulous salesperson a chance to sell it.
Seriously if they wanted to sell it, they could just do it before notifying you it came in. There are thousands of Broncos sold every month, most are smooth transactions. Before I placed my order I called numerous dealers and enquired about pricing and allocation. Some told me straight away there would be markup usually $5000. I ended up going with one that agreed (verbally) on MSRP Sure like everything else there are bad apples, that is the ones we hear about. Plus, we only hear one side of the story. There is no assumed price, the MSRP printed on the order sheet is not the selling price presumed or otherwise. Without an agreement, a dealer is free to charge ADM, just like they are free to sell for less than MSRP which is more typical.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
90% of the hate on this forum is coming from those that do not even own a Bronco. If you hate Ford, just cancel your order, why the eff would you buy anything much less an automobile from someone you hate? In case you don't know, a Bronco will always be a "Ford". I watched literally every review on the Internet mostly from owners, and by far the vast majority of us are thrilled with our Bronco. Some on here dig up and repost everything that is wrong with the Bronco. JUST GET SOMETING ELSE!

On the other hand, some people categorize stuff they don't like discussed as "hate". Because then they can rail against people supposedly hating.

For my part, I think it's a valid concern, to know more about why a vehicle I was going to buy, was suddenly yanked away at the last minute. It's a very large purchase and knowledge is king. I don't buy into the authoritarianist excuses.

It doesn't mean Ford has to give a micro-detailed explanation of everything. But enough has gone wrong with Bronco deliveries and various hijinks, it's not out of order or hateful to want to know more about a situation.
Sponsored