First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Big Bend, 2 door, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've now had my 2023 BB 2.3l 7mt for just about a year. I recently got my 2024 special order in, also a BB with 2.3l and 7mt, which I ordered so I could get the mid-package, not available on the 2023.

I've driven the 2024 several times recently, before final purchase. 2 things I've noticed. The sound under acceleration is totally different. The 2024 sounds, dare I say, "throaty" with a nice growl. The 2023 is kind of subdued. I also believe it's faster. Now that could be my butt Dyno talking. The traction control comes on much more under accept and turning. I will have to do some 0-60 times using my OBD-II adapter and app.

I did. It see any changes listed online or in the order guide (I work at a Ford dealership)

Anyone else notice this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've now had my 2023 BL 2.3l 7mt for just about a year. I recently got my 2024 special order in, also a BL with 2.3l and 7mt, which I ordered so I could get the mid-package, not available on the 2023.

I've driven the 2024 several times recently, before final purchase. 2 things I've noticed. The sound under acceleration is totally different. The 2024 sounds, dare I say, "throaty" with a nice growl. The 2023 is kind of subdued. I also believe it's faster. Now that could be my butt Dyno talking. The traction control comes on much more under accept and turning. I will have to do some 0-60 times using my OBD-II adapter and app.

I did. It see any changes listed online or in the order guide (I work at a Ford dealership)

Anyone else notice this?
There is a discrepancy in your profile and what you ascribe above regarding your 2023 Bronco. Profile indicates a Big Bend 2.3L 7MT. Yet, you claim that you have a 2023 Badlands 2.3L 7MT.

The MY'24 Bronco will have the faux piped in engine note.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've now had my 2023 BL 2.3l 7mt for just about a year. I recently got my 2024 special order in, also a BL with 2.3l and 7mt, which I ordered so I could get the mid-package, not available on the 2023.

Anyone else notice this?
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2023-vs-2024-2-3l-engine-note.90269/

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kinda wish I could enable it on my 23 BB just once to see what it sounds like. I keep imagining my engine isn’t a Singer sewing machine

OP
OP
PearlJamFanLV

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is a discrepancy in your profile and what you ascribe above regarding your 2023 Bronco. Profile indicates a Big Bend 2.3L 7MT. Yet, you claim that you have a 2023 Badlands 2.3L 7MT.

The MY'24 Bronco will have the faux piped in engine note.
100% correct, I made the change. They are both Big Bends. Not sure what I was thinking after a few IPA's.

OP
OP
PearlJamFanLV

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I kinda wish I could enable it on my 23 BB just once to see what it sounds like. I keep imagining my engine isn’t a Singer sewing machine
I so think it's worth it. Even if fake at least it sounds better than what it was.

Sponsored

Bronco Lane

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've now had my 2023 BB 2.3l 7mt for just about a year. I recently got my 2024 special order in, also a BB with 2.3l and 7mt, which I ordered so I could get the mid-package, not available on the 2023.

Anyone else notice this?
Just took ownership of a 2024 , how the engine sounds never entered my mind it's a 4 cylinder lmao

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man, that's funny. Mine plays Tiny Tim's Tiptoe Through the Tulips when I mash on the accelerator. #forscanlife

🌷 🤔

OP
OP
PearlJamFanLV

PearlJamFanLV

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just took ownership of a 2024 , how the engine sounds never entered my mind it's a 4 cylinder lmao
My previous ride was a Focus RS. Which was also a 4 cylinder and I loved the sounds it would make as I rowed through the gears.
Sponsored