Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Storm V8 & Lincoln Mark IX prototype
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It certainly looks fixable. They would cut out the damaged sheet metal and weld in a replacement, but its hard to tell from the pic the total amount of damage incurred. The big question is when would the parts be available? The trucking company insurance co. may write it off just so they don't have to spend the man power to try and get it to an auction house or sell it outright. I'd be interested to see where it ends up.
I assume Ford has an online refurbished store where they sell blemished units. I got a Dyson vacuum at a great price that way. This one has minor dents and scratches but is still driveable.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes we all know what the options are, but it could also include Ford stepping up and delivering a new vehicle in less than 4 months. In my business if I ship a customer a product and it arrives damaged, itā€™s on us to get it replaced ASAP with acceptable product. Then we can hash out whatever needs to be dealt with on the shipper. The customer doesnā€™t care how/why/who damaged the product, they want and need it replaced. Itā€™s called taking care of your customers so that they will remain customers for the present and future. It wasnā€™t Fords fault the shipper damaged the vehicle, but itā€™s ultimately their responsibility to fix the issue and make the customer happy.
Iā€™m sure you donā€™t sell anything close to the complexity of a fully assembled vehicle so not apples to apples.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they are unbuilt, they aren't even Broncos yet, just parts.:confused:
Perhaps they could build him another. Who knows if there are any constraints on parts for that build? Seems like you just want to argue at this point.
Iā€™m trying to figure out your logic. When the guys ordered bronco shows up damaged, he doesnā€™t ā€œown itā€ and Ford owes him nothing. Then, Ford building him another (under a priority 1 if that part is true) puts him ahead of other bronco ā€œownersā€ and that isnā€™t fair. So, if you donā€™t own it when it arrives (damaged or not), how is it owned when itā€™s parts or built and sitting in the plant? In other words, how are other ā€œownersā€ being put out if they donā€™t actually own anything yet?

My point is simply this- Ford is a customer driven business. They sent an order to a customer and it wasnā€™t delivered to the customer because it was damaged in shipment. So they still owe that customer a bronco. Itā€™s not Fordā€™s fault the shipper damaged it, but is their responsibility. The customer didnā€™t hire the shipper. Did Ford? Iā€™d assume so. I would also think Ford could adequately satisfy the customer by getting another delivered in a possible and agreed and reasonable timeframe. Give the customer options that work for all and keep a customer.
Or, like many on here seem to think, Fordā€™s responsibility for its product ends the moment it leaves MAP. Your truck arrived damaged? Whatever- itā€™s the shippers fault- deal with it. Weā€™ll get you one whenever.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume Ford has an online refurbished store where they sell blemished units. I got a Dyson vacuum at a great price that way. This one has minor dents and scratches but is still driveable.
We called that reman. They did come with a full warranty though.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sure you donā€™t sell anything close to the complexity of a fully assembled vehicle so not apples to apples.
Medical products can be quite complex and the ramifications can be a little more detrimental to the end user.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Repairable for sure, not destroyed, but not how one wants to start a relationship with a new car. I wouldn't take it as a new car, but I'll bet there are many who would take it as a repairable wreck! I wonder where it was loaded on the carrier. Might be an airborne abject. However, that looks like a bridge strike or allision with another stationery object (in boating accidents, collision is between two moving objects, allision is where the boat strikes a stationary object, eg. Buoy or dock or bridge). If the car carrier hit a bridge, thats on them. If something dropped, its not their negligence. Inquiring minds want to know!
I guarantee they dropped a loading ramp on it. It was located front of the carrier and they were removing a vehicle above it. Had the same thing happen to me in 1997 on a 2 door blazer I waited months for. I even got to watch it happen. Very doubtful the truck hit a bridge or something. Would be a great story but highly unlikely.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Medical products can be quite complex and the ramifications can be a little more detrimental to the end user.
It still isnā€™t a vehicle built during a pandemic with documented material and labor shortfalls. Once again not apples to apples and the ramifications are of no consequence to this discussion.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It still isnā€™t a vehicle built during a pandemic with documented material and labor shortfalls. Once again not apples to apples and the ramifications are of no consequence to this discussion.
What makes you think medical products donā€™t suffer shortages in all areas mentioned? Does medical equipment use chips? Uh yeah they do! Have medical products plants been hindered by the pandemic and a massive labor shortage? Duh! Materials for these products come from the US and all over the world- last I checked, both are under shortages in materials and labor. The only difference is the end product. And medical end products might be a little more important than a vehicle in most cases. At least those who need medical care probably think so.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyhow, Iā€™m through for the evening. Enjoy the debate. Hopefully the OP and dealer can work out a reasonable solution.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guarantee they dropped a loading ramp on it. It was located front of the carrier and they were removing a vehicle above it. Had the same thing happen to me in 1997 on a 2 door blazer I waited months for. I even got to watch it happen. Very doubtful the truck hit a bridge or something. Would be a great story but highly unlikely.
That sure makes sense given the looks of the injury. . . "a dropped object"!! The poster said the dealer refused delivery and i guess that was the end of it . . . Would love to know the whole story!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m trying to figure out your logic. When the guys ordered bronco shows up damaged, he doesnā€™t ā€œown itā€ and Ford owes him nothing. Then, Ford building him another (under a priority 1 if that part is true) puts him ahead of offer bronco ā€œownersā€ and that isnā€™t fair. So, if you donā€™t own it when it arrives (damaged or not), how is it owned when itā€™s parts or built and sitting in the plant? In other words, how are other ā€œownersā€ being put out if they donā€™t actually own anything yet?

My point is simply this- Ford is a customer driven business. They sent an order to a customer and it wasnā€™t delivered to the customer because it was damaged in shipment. So they still owe that customer a bronco. Itā€™s not Fordā€™s fault the shipper damaged it, but is their responsibility. The customer didnā€™t hire the shipper. Did Ford? Iā€™d assume so. I would also think Ford could adequately satisfy the customer by getting another delivered in a possible and agreed and reasonable timeframe. Give the customer options that work for all and keep a customer.
Or, like many on here seem to think, Fordā€™s responsibility for its product ends the moment it leaves MAP. Your truck arrived damaged? Whatever- itā€™s the shippers fault- deal with it. Weā€™ll get you one whenever.
I think what you're missing is the transporter screwed up not Ford. Also, Ford's customer is the dealer, not the OP. Ford owes the dealer another vehicle, not the OP. This thread has been up for a few hours, so nobody has a clue what the outcome will be. All we have is the usual blame Ford for being the bad guy and the usual negativity. Until this has time to play out, everything is pure speculation. Ford could try to get a replacement or refer back to ford.com and tell you what the reservation and $100 gets you. Why don't we all calm down and see what happens?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What makes you think medical products donā€™t suffer shortages in all areas mentioned? Does medical equipment use chips? Uh yeah they do! Have medical products plants been hindered by the pandemic and a massive labor shortage? Duh! Materials for these products come from the US and all over the world- last I checked, both are under shortages in materials and labor. The only difference is the end product. And medical end products might be a little more important than a vehicle in most cases. At least those who need medical care probably think so.
You didnā€™t specify replacements in this day and age you specified in the past. Hence not apples to apples. Also once again Iā€™m an engineer that designed and ran very expensive analytical equipment for a living and understand supply chain dynamics. Unfortunately a instrument designed to look at sub atomic particles would be infinitely less complicated to source parts for, assemble, test and ship compared to a modern vehicle. Medical equipment is highly specialized as well but unless you are talking about advanced imagining or robotic surgery or prep machines there isnā€™t near the supply chain or shipping issues you have with a car. The whole purpose of my response was to say letā€™s compare like items if we are going to pretend throwing together and shipping a CAR is simpleā€¦..

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think what you're missing is the transporter screwed up not Ford. Also, Ford's customer is the dealer, not the OP. Ford owes the dealer another vehicle, not the OP. This thread has been up for a few hours, so nobody has a clue what the outcome will be. All we have is the usual blame Ford for being the bad guy and the usual negativity. Until this has time to play out, everything is pure speculation. Ford could try to get a replacement or refer back to ford.com and tell you what the reservation and $100 gets you. Why don't we all calm down and see what happens?
Yup. Accidents happen!

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sad the transporter bashed your Bronco.

Iā€™ll take it for 50% off. First scratches are already in it. :cool:

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again, let me drive it from MAP home and thereā€™s be no 3rd party transport issues.
Same here and save $2000 in destination fees.

Blk Diamond Cheese/2DR/2.7/SASQ/MIC/MID/TOW
Sponsored