Sponsored

Downsizing from 35" stock sasquatch tires to 33'' later?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Couldn't find a thread on this and I can't be the only one thinking about future costs owning the bronco. I was wondering, 35's are going to look bad ass and all, but realistically replacing them with more 35's is gonna be a bit pricey and I'm wondering about when the time comes to get new tires, switching to maybe 33's. My question is would this affect anything at all on the bronco like rpms, etc? I figure 33's will be less expensive, a smoother ride, better mpg etc etc.
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Slightly higher RPM's on the highway, but better city MPG, lower tire cost, less road noise, and better ride quality.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will probably get a set of 33's for winter tires.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely fine. The different final drive ratio will affect RPMs compared to the same unit spec'd with 33s from the factory... but not enough that it would effect your enjoyment or experience.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Factory 35s will run about $300 each. The same model in a stock Badlands size 33 would be $243 each, so you'd save about $230 on the set of tires.

If the Bronco is anything like the F-150, you can change your tire size in Forscan to fix your speedo reading for free.

RPM with the 35s at 70mph will be 2045. With 33s and the same gearing it'll be 2144, only 100 more, hardly noticeable.

OP
OP
gentlemanbronco

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of my personal favorite GIFs and movies!

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is relevant to my interests. I just realized the 6'6" clearance in a parking garage I need to use is not going to accomodate sasquatch + roof rack. However I think the difference is too great to make up for it with smaller tires. ☹ oh well.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is relevant to my interests. I just realized the 6'6" clearance in a parking garage I need to use is not going to accomodate sasquatch + roof rack. However I think the difference is too great to make up for it with smaller tires. ☹ oh well.
Luckily the roof rack should be easy to take off and be put back on. That’s my plan for when I get mine.

Sponsored

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Luckily the roof rack should be easy to take off and be put back on. That’s my plan for when I get mine.
I need to find out if the 6'6" max clearance in this garage is for real, somehow (maybe a rental vehicle?) According to this, even without the rack, a 2dr Sas is just a little too tall.

Bronco Exterior Dimensions-2 (1).jpg

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to see how it mounts. I can tell you my current rack on my Explorer is not something you would want to take on and off to get in your garage.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Couldn't find a thread on this and I can't be the only one thinking about future costs owning the bronco. I was wondering, 35's are going to look bad ass and all, but realistically replacing them with more 35's is gonna be a bit pricey and I'm wondering about when the time comes to get new tires, switching to maybe 33's. My question is would this affect anything at all on the bronco like rpms, etc? I figure 33's will be less expensive, a smoother ride, better mpg etc etc.
#SkinnySquatch - Now, others are starting to catch on. I've mentioned it in the past.
Sponsored