Sponsored

Dream World, if it were up to you what exactly would the new Bronco be?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is they attempted to design it through a great deal of customer research to appeal to the largest segment of the population
I've never been involved with an auto maker, but the amount of direct consumer research that precedes product development is unbelievable. As you walk down the grocery aisle & spot green ketchup, recognize that didn't just 'happen' - the maker had feedback & testing ad nauseam. I had a friend with a consumer research company manage a new beverage project for a beer brewer. One of the early steps was to conduct 100+ focus groups around the country to get feedback on an unlabeled, empty bottle. Participants had no idea who the client was, or even that the bottle was intended for beer.

And THAT's just for deveveloping a $5 six-pack.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep. And now we're disparaging:

1. Overweight people

2. People with red hair

3. People with facial hair

4. People with alternative speech patterns

Thanks for joining in!

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. And now we're disparaging:

1. Overweight people

2. People with red hair

3. People with facial hair

4. People with alternative speech patterns

Thanks for joining in!
and people with red necks apparently.

And clothing inhibited peoples.
And people lacking the funds for proper road infrastructure....

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys regardless of what size the Bronco will be, what truly matters is what size it self identifies as, and that we respect it. ;)

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want as many choices as possible. Obviously 2 and 4 doors are confirmed, as are removable roof and doors. SFA, IFS, lockers, sliders, bumpers, tires, etc. The Yakima partnership bodes well for some of this. Probably asking too much on multiple front axle options, but I just want to be able to spec the perfect Bronco for ME.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Guys regardless of what size the Bronco will be, what truly matters is what size it self identifies as, and that we respect it.
OK...but what pronoun should we use for it???

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK...but what pronoun should we use for it???
I don't know but the new Bronco should emit a trigger warning before engaging 4WD as that can be stressful for some folks. ;)

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
can be stressful for some folks
You're worried the 4WD might be more testosterone than some bargained for?? Maybe instead of a 'trigger warning', the Bronco should ask permission before engaging?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, to check all of the boxes that you want, what would the new bronco be like, for you?

I'll start:
coyote 5.0, naturally aspirated, water proofed and vented at the cowl, top mounted air filter or snorkel.
96" wheelbase, fits 33" stock, 35" with 2" lift.
completely removeable top, two options, mini pickup or full SUV, maybe interhcangeable, with a roll cage behind where the pickup top would mount but under the SUV top. This could help with the legalese for an uncovered passenger area.
easily removeable rear seat, recaro fronts as an option.
vinyl/rubber floor option and waterproof seat option. I would like to see wade depth of at least the floorboards.
5 spd manual floor shift, solid granny gear and low transfer case gear. 3.73 or lower (numerically higher) gears
normal tailgate, with upper glass either fully retractable ala 78-79, or glass is on the SUV roof.
minimal overhang,would need bottom of bumpers and floor boards above differential to get this right.
Bright ass color options, like last years orange and green on the mustang.
Marine grade stereo system, or a minimalists system easy to replace.
flat uncomplicated dash, round mechanical or analog gauges, upfitter switch panel.
2-bolt removeable doors. take two nuts off per door, lift the door, and maybe a quick disconnect for any electronics (windows, locks,etc). door open switch could be handled with a slide cover to depress switch when doors are off.

I think when it comes down to it, I want a new 72 bronco pickup that doesn't cost 60-100 grand.
Love your list!

I would prioritize good looks, a V8 and simplicity (at least available simplicity). Solid front axle is not important to me either way.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
don't force me to buy crap I don't want or forgo the things I do. One of my biggest gripes is only offering manual transmissions with the base engine or trim level...

This is a really good point, and something I didn't really think of. I REALLY hope Ford doesn't force me to get the base Ecoboost 4 or N/A V6 just to have the manual. I'll be pissed if I can't get a TTV6 or V8 with a manual

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Customization seems to be on the wane in the auto industry. My guess is they want to pork up the end product with option markups, and streamline the production work and schedule with similar/same tasks.

When a desired option is only available with a mandatory collection of unwanted luxuries, or unavailable in conjunction with desired accessories, it isn't really an "option" at all.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to see all the electronics modules at dash height or higher, unless somehow they can be made to be submerged for at
least 24 hours (IE, you are stuck in a flooded mud area and have to go get help to get out).

Would also like to see snorkel built into pass A-pillar. I'm ok if it cuts down on power some, if it has
to be smaller to fit airbags, as long as it is disconnectable once I'm back on street.

Optional second alternator for on board welder setup (stick is OK).

Drip proof tough box, removable, but easily mountable, that I can put my muddy crappy tow straps, shackles, and other junk in.
(side boxes, built into upper 1/4 panels would be cool too).

Optional on board air using one of the bumpers as an air tank.

Airless spare
https://simpletire.com/michelin-12-...urce=thisiswhyimbroke.com&utm_medium=referral

Optional Lexan covers for lower part of "tube doors" that are left when full door removed, like this.
http://luxjo.supermotors.net/GREEN_DILYSI/FLEXIN/DCP05643.JPG

Removable fender flares.

Optional rebuildable (retune-able??) shocks.

Non power seat option (holes for harnesses would be cool too).

Micky

Badlands
First Name
Micky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I want...

4x4
Four door ( kids and dogs)
Manual transmission
Turbo

I can handle 4-8 cylinders and either gas or diesel.
Sponsored