Sponsored

If you could tell ford 5 things to improve the "next gen" factory bronco update. What would they be?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford could have very easily rectified this by just having a full digital display like F-150 or Mustang, with a traditional layout displayed, and it could change formats in different modes.
Is it the case with these full digital displays, that it could be a kind of blank canvas, with the potential to display all kinds of layouts? I have a cheap watch with that capability. Seems like high time automobiles also had it, so the user can switch between various official or custom display options.
Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wildtrak is a fully loaded Black Diamond/Outer Banks Sasquatch, so it is redundant. All other trims are low option/no options, so they are redundant. They clearly cannot cope with variation and produce at a rate that satisfies demand and the predominantly ordered trim is Badlands. Reduce variation and give the people what they want.
Iā€˜d say Wildtrak is a OBX with SAS and a few other options, plus worse interior options, grill, mirrors and door handles but adding a hood sticker, black bronco badge and baja mode (which can be had manually or added via Forscan). Eliminating Wildtrak seems a no-brainer.

Black Diamond canā€™t get anything past mid upgrade and is a less fancy but just as capable Badlands once adding SAS. Might want to keep that option available for different price points, or simply make the Black Diamond available with more options and axe Badlands.

Big Bend has little purpose.

Base must be kept, with SAS option.

Then keep mingling in special editions like Everglades, Raptor, Vintage, etc.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For me:

1) Eliminate or make it as an option the colored trim on the grab handles, etc. Looks less than desirable in some combinations.

2) cup holder in cloth seats. (Not a big deal.)

3) rear locker on the base

4) with other marine grade vinyl option across the trim levels.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. Fix the ridiculous instrument cluster.. either ditch the analogue speedo or make it a tach.
2. Offer a v8, yes I know it kills the planet and makes baby jesus cry, but the engine note of the 2.3l (and 2.7 to a lesser extent) is not worthy for such a fun vehicle to drive.
3. Offer manual transmissions for all trims and engine configurations.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wildtrak is a fully loaded Black Diamond/Outer Banks Sasquatch, so it is redundant. All other trims are low option/no options, so they are redundant. They clearly cannot cope with variation and produce at a rate that satisfies demand and the predominantly ordered trim is Badlands. Reduce variation and give the people what they want.
Base/BB/OBX will vastly outnumber BL trims in short order. Once the enthusiast and early reservations are built Iā€™d expect the number to mirror the Jeep trim breakdowns.

I tend to agree with you that WT seems redundant. Iā€™m interested to know why those who ordered chose WT over a SAS OBX or BL.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sort their communication out

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still don't understand the V8 debate. I want to take my Bronco to places most vehicles can't and losing power in an NA V8 as I climb in elevation doesn't seem worth it.
How would offering a v8 prevent you from ordering another engine? Maybe you're planning on going from sea level to +10,000ft in a day but most won't.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How would offering a v8 prevent you from ordering another engine? Maybe you're planning on going from sea level to +10,000ft in a day but most won't.
I don't see the need to offer one. The V8 is a dying breed.

Sponsored

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see the need to offer one. The V8 is a dying breed.
I mean even a modern V8 in a pickup or Camaro is still easily accessible with lots of potential parts. I don't know as many guys who could as easily fix a 2.7L turbo - especially with the absolute matrix of a mess that exists under the hood of the Bronco.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean even a modern V8 in a pickup or Camaro is still easily accessible with lots of potential parts. I don't know as many guys who could fix a 2.7L turbo - especially with the absolute matrix of a mess that exists under the hood of the Bronco.
Yeah not one European company has been doing anything remotely similar for the last 25 years šŸ™„ including Ford UK

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah not one European company has been doing anything remotely similar for the last 25 years šŸ™„ including Ford UK
Europe isn't North America. Quick guess in my area- 9/10 households own a 1500 pickup at the very least. Doubt it's 1/100 for Europeans. I only seen 1 ton commerical trucks when I visited many years ago- no personal pickups.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Europe isn't North America. Quick guess in my area- 9/10 households own a 1500 pickup at the very least. Doubt it's 1/100 for Europeans. I only seen 1 ton commerical trucks when I visited many years ago- no personal pickups.
Cool, I guess you completely missed the point. Better hold out for that V8 Bronco that's never coming or buy that 392 Jeep before they quit making it.
Sponsored