Sponsored

If you could tell ford 5 things to improve the "next gen" factory bronco update. What would they be?

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool, I guess you completely missed the point. Better hold out for that V8 Bronco that's never coming or buy that 392 Jeep before they quit making it.
Never said I wanted one. I love this 2.7L. Just that there is rationale imo for the market of V8s, and I disagree it's a dying breed- maybe forcefully through regulation if anything.
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I doubt that many of the little gripes would even require significant factory retooling.
Rear cup holders
Horrifically stupid tach on a digital dash
No 7M on the Base four door
No mid on 7M BB or BD
Heated steering wheel and garage door opener in Lux
No 4A on Base or BB
Interior colours and materials linked to certain trims
No tow package on Base
Etc. Etc. Etc.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never said I wanted one. I love this 2.7L. Just that there is rationale imo for the market of V8s, and I disagree it's a dying breed- maybe forcefully through regulation if anything.
The the advances in forced induction there is no need for it. Case and point the 3.5 Ecoboost vs the 5.0. 🤷🏻‍♂️

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The the advances in forced induction there is no need for it. Case and point the 3.5 Ecoboost vs the 5.0. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I hear what you're saying 💯 The technology has changed. But might as well just skip the debate and dump the turbos too- and go full electric ⚡ because there's no need for any dirty ice according to every 'expert' op-ed news article for the last 4-5 years. The technology is there, they say. Pretty sure in NA both countries are banning the sale of anything non-electric within a decade anyway right? Just saying...if the V8 is a dying breed, so are EcoBoost turbos anyway. Might as well have options before all the fun is gone. V8 is just a classic and easily mod-able platform.

I'm coming from a 5.3L V8 6 speed double cab pick-up. I think it'd be a tough call in a drag. And my V8 truck got better gas mileage than my 2.7L Bronco has so far- that's my truck lifted, AFM delete and 34" tires. Not seeing how the 2.7L is therefore that much greater in tech. I'm getting the same or worst gas mileage than a full sized pickup and my engine bay looks like the matrix lol.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2.3L ecoboost gets worse fuel mileage than my friend's dodge ram 1500 w/ the 5.7L hemi... so much for advances in turbo efficiency.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. Move the driver and passenger grab handles from dash level up to the top corner of the A pillar where it meets the roof line. Then it might actually be useful getting into Sasquatch.

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2.3L ecoboost gets worse fuel mileage than my friend's dodge ram 1500 w/ the 5.7L hemi... so much for advances in turbo efficiency.
I'm getting 14.2L/100km on my Bronco, driving almost exclusively on Eco mode.

I got 14.1L/100km on my full sized Silverado 5.3L V8.

So far it's not promising. The Silverado was very accurate to it's window sticker in gas mileage. The Bronco not so much. I believe it showed low 13s.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. Modular/ easily detached rear seat
2. Bring back antimatter blue...
3. Solid black interior.
4. Naturally aspirated option
5. Ditch the 30" tire option nobody is keeping them......

Sponsored

FordBB

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take down most “models” and move to Allow A La Carte ordering of power train / suspension stuff. If you want to make bronco a brand / lifestyle you can’t tell folks “no lockers on base unless take whole SAS package”. Or rear end gear choices, etc.
I basically wanted a rear locker (would take front or a LSD in either place as l just in case), heated seats, and a true tow package (say 5500 lbs?)
The full flip down lay flat top would be sweet too!
And a separate back window.
I’d pay for each of those. At a profit. But I wasn’t paying 5k just so I could then start to pay for some more option packages full of stuff I don’t want.
These days computers build and manage these lines a lot more than old days. Once a VIN is loaded, the computer knows what part should go on. It’s not like old days when it was cheaper to keep options grouped so workers basically did same thing all day - making very similar orders in batches. Today the line can handle a customized order just as fast.

I came across this thread and came across your post and couldn't agree more.

Celebrate the Design of the Bronco.

Ford Marketing and the 7 different trim options at launch and last minute adds for a manual shift just before production. First Edition, Badlands, Wildtraks, Outer Banks, Black Diamond, Big Bend, Base? Enough, trim packages to make you're head swim. Which version did you get? Oh, is that the one with the?

Looking forward to the Raptor, Rousch, R, SVT, Hertz, Shelby, Patagonia, and Electric in the coming years. :)

Good, Better, Best should really be the offerings for different trim packages.

Features and color/trim options should be things that customers can opt-in for additional dollars.

One of the biggest disappointments for me being a Wildtrak owner is the trim offerings. If you buy the LUX package and leather seating your tied to the Big Bend interior trim colors. I have a Cyber Orange vehicle with muted blue accents and stitching in the seats? Makes no sense. I wanted manual, but it was only being offered at a last minute change for a lower trim level and powertrain. Very frustrating.

This hurts the brand watering down the vehicle with options/features people are not interested in or forced to accept. It seems like Ford was responding to customer needs and wants with the manual, but shouldn't you've known that already from your customer profiles before launching the vehicle?

It seems like nobody is complaining about the base. No frills. That would fulfill the GOOD option.
It seems the take rate for the Base is extremely low. I mean really, who wants to buy the vehicle with steel wheels? Even if your intent is to upgrade features at a later date the interior and performance features makes you wish for the other vehicle offerings. It's there as an entry to meet a price point. That's fine.

The BETTER option that is the malaise of different color, material, trim offerings and powertrain options that is simply a mess. Just waters down the brand name. Just make it simple Powertrain 2.3/2.7 Manual/Auto Leather/Cloth.... You want to add B/O speakers check, Bigger screen check, Wider fenders check, Painted fenders check. You bought this color vehicle perhaps a recommend color grab and accents or option to buy the color you want. I mean it's just 3 colors Orange/Blue/Grey. We're not talking crazy volumes for parts.

The BEST option should be the First Edition all the frills, but I'm coming to learn that some options aren't available on the First Edition? Makes no sense.

Ford Marketing should reconsider it's choices and what it forces on consumers and the company at large. Their decisions impact the monies from one trim level to the next. Think about the energy that went into deciding 7 different trim levels when they could have had 3 trim levels with options for either upgraded content or features that help celebrate the vehicle at large. Perhaps there would be more money in the middle for better materials or additional features. Heck, they have enough trim level names that could have fueled future Marketing launch vehicles. A lot of energy went into coming up with that badging when customers are simply peeling away these stickers on their fenders. So much for brand recognition in a trim level.

I would hope that Ford Marketing learns more about their customers and ways to launch a vehicle. There is enough competition out there that you can learn from. MINI has been doing it this way for years. Rivian just launched with One vehicle and two trim options. There are other examples and it would simply be polarizing to compare, but this idea of launching 7 different trim options at launch just reeks of old school thinking.

I love the overall Retro Modern Design and Performance is what I admire the most and still love my vehicle. Meanwhile I will be on the hunt to swap parts with my fellow Ford owners to get the parts I want from other trim packages. Perhaps this was an intended outcome for other Ford owners to get to know one another. :)

Sorry for the long rant.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The interior feels very cheap and not durable for such a rock crawler.. it doesn’t have to feel luxury, but damn.. it could feel more like an interior that will hold up. Thanks for this bougee 12” screen, Ford. I love it, but did all the lux package pricing go into that screen and not the actual interior materials?

LowerDixie77

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco, 2009 F150, 2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Diesel engine option
33" tire option for all packages
360 cameras for all packages
tow package for base models
push button delete/key start

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

im pretty sure they read the most active bronco forum
they read it, but I doubt there is anything more beyond that .... the readers are probably some interns with %100 authority in folder filing.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of the biggest disappointments for me being a Wildtrak owner is the trim offerings. If you buy the LUX package and leather seating your tied to the Big Bend interior trim colors. I have a Cyber Orange vehicle with muted blue accents and stitching in the seats? Makes no sense. I wanted manual, but it was only being offered at a last minute change for a lower trim level and powertrain. Very frustrating.
Given the current market value of these - which is more likely to fall than rise - I suggest selling your WT at a profit, buying a beater for the next year, and ordering the Badman that you actually want. Yes you'd have a smaller engine but no it is not a "lower" trim level.
Sponsored