Sponsored

Time to convert to 2023MY! Mistakes made, if you could start all over, what would you do different?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While it's easy to be upset with all the ways Ford has botched this roll out, change made from reservations v. allocations, and etc. But with the benefit of hindsight what would you have done differently? Somethings may be timing and life related, my starting point is really 5 months before I even thought of getting a Bronco. Some things could have been better with better communication from the dealer. Some things would have been better if I...

I lost my Tacoma on Jan 4th '21, I messed up horribly and can't cry over spilled milk, BUT I should have reserved my Bronco then, five and a half months earlier. I would have had PP and my dealer has been delivering high end builds from then for the last two or more months.

I didn't do enough reading before deciding on a base trim when I really needed a Black Diamond (open diff v. rear locker) and the sliders and etc... Another hasty mistake. Had I gone with this trim and only added roof rack and hood protector and been done, based on my dealer's deliveries, I'm pretty sure without any added commodities that build would have been built and delivered by now; with PP from '21!

Adding Sasquatch, I went back and forth on weather I should add Sasquatch, well after attending multiple events and reading here, I was convinced it was a good deal and it is, but it pushed me into MY23 and another price increase. At first I wasn't going to add for that reason, but after talking with dealer, it sounded like the wait was going from getting my Bronco late summer/early fall or add and get Oct to Dec, but still a MY22!

The odds seemed 90% I'd get by then and I waited this long so why not add a couple of months for what I want? Turns out incomplete info regarding my place in line made this a bad decision and this is the reason I'm being pushed into MY23. I'm still so far back that it was, IN HINDSIGHT, the odds were more like 80% I'd get pushed; bad info from dealer to save face on their allotment numbers, plain and simple.

What mistake will I make converting to MY23? Depending on pricing, my choices are:

Stay with Sasquatch and pay probably $5,000 more than MY21 just for the base before adding Sasquatch. I'm expecting this build with current options to cost some where from $43,500ish or more, depending on what I keep, i.e. roof rack.

Switch to Black Diamond, this option loses any kind of PP I may get, dealer says I have some PP, Ford CS says I have none, who do I believe? I'm betting I don't and budgeting for that and if any were to occur or be confirmed in writing by dealer than I can decide. I'm expecting what ever the total increase from MY21 to MY23 to be about $5,000 too. The best thing about this choice would be that I only need to add mudflaps for protection and I'm ready for the real world (paint protection wise), I still would add the same stuff as the other builds, air compressor and lights for example.

Go back to Base to control costs. This is the lest attractive to me for two reasons, no locker, open diffs, and the $5,000 extra I would be paying for a MY23 compared to MY21, I guess if you go back to my original order with out PP, it's really going to be a $2,000 to $3,000 price increase, but still it will be a $5,000 increase from original B&P. Was expecting $28,500 plus switches & RR and was $28,990 before destination charges went up to $31,300 due to no PP and expecting $33K for a MY23.

So, with the help of poor information from both Ford and my Dealer you can see I made some bad decisions. But, some were just my mistake too, this whole thing has been confusing. Add in a sit down with a dealer in Jan 21 should have happened to help avoid some of the above too. But what do I do now?

I'm really thinking option #2 Black Diamond with just RR & hood protector (<$500?) but depending on price increase I could still stick with the Sasquatched base.
Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a Base and have zero regrets. I have no use for all the amenities found on the higher trims, and going with a Base definitely sped things up. I ordered on 1/29/22 and it was delivered yesterday.

Going with a Base means I can customize it the way I want it. It's easier to "toss" the factory Base steelies and plastic bumpers than it is the stuff from the higher trims. As for the lack of lockers, one can simply add much stronger air lockers that address the problem of faulty wheel sensors blocking electronic lockers from working and leaving you stranded miles from the road. If you plan to do a lot of customizing, build on the Base platform.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You should still have retail order price protection, if you donā€™t change trim or major options. Removing Sasquatch would likely cost you more than keeping it between the MY22.5 and 23 price increases.

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took the opposite approach. Just order every damn thing and then you never have to worry about what if. šŸ˜Ž

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I could start all over?

Well, I'd ask that cute girl out back in high school. I'd work my ass off as a teenager, save money, invest in Microsoft, Amazon, cell phone companies, bet on the US hockey team to win it all in the 1980 Winter Olympics...instead of going into the Army right out of high school, I'd get a job at Dell back in '84 when they were just starting out, and work way up, taking stock options whenever possible, buy up lots of mineral rights in the Eagle Ford Shale and wait for the fracking boom....

Oh, I guess you meant about Broncos.

Well, I'd make my reservations and place orders with numerous dealers, just to see which one gets my order built first. Order a few of them, drop one off at a custom shop to have them swap in a 5.0 or a Godzilla V8. Have them make the rear door into a real tailgate, the way it should be. Other than that, not much.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t think I would change anything on my order. Got the exact Bronco I wanted. I tend to skip any add on that I can do myself. I try to keep my loan as low as possible. I knew I needed the 2.7, bigger stereo, keypad and Sasquatch. For the price back then, all were reasonable for me.

Returned several aftermarket items for quality, fit and style. Thats a whole new post. LOL

Ford Bronco Time to convert to 2023MY! Mistakes made, if you could start all over, what would you do different? 9D788F33-FC00-4483-96D6-E92C6C21D305

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered mine exactly as I wanted it from the dealer on 11/1/21, with SAS and modular bumper and aux switches and a few other goodies, and had a VIN within two months and at my dealer just short of 6 months later. Just order exactly what you want within your budget and donā€™t worry about it anymore until your dealer gives you the call to pick it up.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If I could start all over?

Well, I'd ask that cute girl out back in high school. I'd work my ass off as a teenager, save money, invest in Microsoft, Amazon, cell phone companies, bet on the US hockey team to win it all in the 1980 Winter Olympics...instead of going into the Army right out of high school, I'd get a job at Dell back in '84 when they were just starting out, and work way up, taking stock options whenever possible, buy up lots of mineral rights in the Eagle Ford Shale and wait for the fracking boom....

Oh, I guess you meant about Broncos.

Well, I'd make my reservations and place orders with numerous dealers, just to see which one gets my order built first. Order a few of them, drop one off at a custom shop to have them swap in a 5.0 or a Godzilla V8. Have them make the rear door into a real tailgate, the way it should be. Other than that, not much.
Great what if!

I married my cute girl from HS and made a career from the Navy so I'm good on that part. If we're talking Broncos, I wish I would have stock piled EB's when they were cheap!

Back to the present and I'm glad I've kept mine 99d all this time and will be able to jump back in line (sorry folks). White top is finally a thing now so I'm as happy as I'm going to be.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely modular bumper instead of capable. Maybe sasquatch, but still unsure on that since I got a BL. Doesn't seem to be many lifts made for BL non SAS. Everything is either standard suspension compatible, or SAS compatible.

Sponsored

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t change a thing. I ordered it the way I wanted it built, no compromises.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a Base and have zero regrets. I have no use for all the amenities found on the higher trims, and going with a Base definitely sped things up. I ordered on 1/29/22 and it was delivered yesterday.
I ordered my Base from a medium-large dealer in April of 2021. Still waiting.

At this point, I don't even think it's about allocation. I think some intern at Ford just throws darts at a board to decide what they build.

Ordered a Base because Cost. Cheapest way to get a rear locker would be to spend an extra 5 grand on a Big Bend. (bleh). I knew in Phoenix I would not want MGV which ruled out the BD.

Got to drive a Black Diamond at the "Drive the Bronco" event. Loved everything about it except the MGV seats. I could probably deal with that on a toy, but not a daily driver. So bloody hot, and it was in the mid-low 90's in October.

If the OP can handle those giant tires for daily use, I'd reccomend to just keep the Basesquatch. Unless the new HE appeals. But... the colors suck, except maybe red.

Regrets? Aftermarket bumpers are stupid expensive. Add either the capable or Mod if it's allowed.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very few folks ever say, ā€œ I wish I hadnā€™t selected an optionā€. The majority sayā€ damn, I should have ordered that optionā€. On your death bed you wonā€™t want to be thinking about ā€œ I wish I would have spent that extra $25 a month for that Bronco optionā€.

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The simple ā€œif I could do it againā€ I would have ordered rear locker and aux switches.
The more aggressive ā€œif I could do it againā€ would be to get the SAS package. Or maybe the Badlands mode instead of Big Bend.
Sponsored