Sponsored

Dumb Tire Question - why change stock Sasquatch tires for new ones?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Betting most of the swaps are to trusted old friend tires that have earned the trust through many years of experience.

The Territories are super light for their size and new, both of which give people hesitation when they consider risks driving miles from anywhere.

My Scot Irish heritage will cause me to wear out the Territories and then replace them, but I will feel more at risk while I do.

(Being that light, I bet they wear out in 25000 miles, but we’ll see.)
Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is a video (from a different day) where I'm super struggling for traction. I was aired down to like 12.5, still had to bump over every single little ledge.

Two Jeeps went right up this trail with no issue before me. 1 had 37" Pitbull Rockers but no lockers, open diff front and rear. The other Jeep (my dad) was a Rubi with 35" Pitbull Rockers. Tires 1000% made all the difference.

Wait, I'm confused. This video is with your Bronco having the Pitbull Rockers on?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the Jeeps have open diff as well? My guess is lockdi

Wait, I'm confused. This video is with your Bronco having the Pitbull Rockers on?
Read this again:

"Two Jeeps went right up this trail with no issue before me. 1 (one, not "I") had 37" Pitbull Rockers but no lockers, open diff front and rear. The other Jeep (my dad) was a Rubi with 35" Pitbull Rockers. Tires 1000% made all the difference."

It's my fault, I should have used proper grammar and typed out "One" at the beginning of a sentence.

I have stock Sasquatch tires (with front and rear lockers).

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i upgraded to the Badlands optional beadlock wheels with the thought that it can put 35s on them after they wear out (probably year 4). By then I’ll know if I need a lift or level or spacers as tons of Bronco owners will have done the upgrade.

I mostly didn’t like the Sas tires and wider stance while I loved the look of the 33” KOs on the upgraded wheels. Maybe that makes me strange.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read this again:

"Two Jeeps went right up this trail with no issue before me. 1 (one, not "I") had 37" Pitbull Rockers but no lockers, open diff front and rear. The other Jeep (my dad) was a Rubi with 35" Pitbull Rockers. Tires 1000% made all the difference."

It's my fault, I should have used proper grammar and typed out "One" at the beginning of a sentence.

LOL, Holy shit. Are you seriously comparing the stock Goodyears to purpose built mud terriains which ride like total garbage on road?? Here is a picture for those less into offroading.
Ford Bronco Dumb Tire Question - why change stock Sasquatch tires for new ones? 1643898672955

I mean no shit, those Pitbulls are gonna clean out better and do better in the mud. They are also going to sound like a swarm of Apache Helicopters on the highway, ride like a horse and carriage, and probably be dangerous on wet pavement.

I mean seriously, thats your benchmark? Why not just go straight to Swampers and be done with it. I mean, seriously LOL.

For what they are, which is an off-roadable tire that you can actually drive on the road without wanting to kill yourself, the Goodyears are just fine. If you are looking for them to compete with Super Swampers, then you are going to be disappointed.

And to the OP, people are just customizing their rigs. They do it for lots of reasons. About 1% of users will actually drive their truck through a swamp and have a legit need for it. The other 99% probably just like the looks or the idea that they can drive through a swamp and are willing to deal with the atrocious road characteristics for it.

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read this again:

Gotcha. Yes, I confused the 1 for an I. Apparently the coffee is still kicking in.

Mr. Magoo

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 1966 F-100, 1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Changed to KO 2. We have used both B F Goodrich ATs and TAs. As to cost,used Ford money. Dealer swapped.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, Holy shit. Are you seriously comparing the stock Goodyears to purpose built mud terriains

I mean no shit, those Pitbulls are gonna clean out better and do better in the mud. They are also going to sound like a swarm of Apache Helicopters on the highway, ride like a horse and carriage, and probably be dangerous on wet pavement.

I mean seriously, thats your benchmark? Why not just go straight to Swampers and be done with it. I mean, seriously LOL.

For what they are, which is an off-roadable tire that you can actually drive on the road without wanting to kill yourself, the Goodyears are just fine. If you are looking for them to compete with Super Swampers, then you are going to be disappointed.

And to the OP, people are just customizing their rigs. They do it for lots of reasons. About 1% of users will actually drive their truck through a swamp and have a legit need for it. The other 99% probably just like the looks or the idea that they can drive through a swamp and are willing to deal with the atrocious road characteristics for it.
The swarm of Apache Helicopters comment is pretty good.

Yes those 2 Jeeps had Rockers, but that's just one example. You can see the video, that trail wasn't super difficult. I certainly shouldn't have struggled that much, not with a vehicle with front and rear lockers. You can also see the pictures I posted, the Wranglers are completely clogged and useless, and I wasn't going through a swamp...

I've never debated their on-road performance. My argument all along is that they are marginal at best off-road. For a vehicle that is as well equipped as the Bronco for rock crawling, Ford should have had an option for a set of tires that are somewhat equal to that task. They did not, not in Kansas's off-road terrain, not even close.

Rockers are certainly not the direction I want to go, sidewalls are way to stiff and they do ride like shit on-road. I'm going with Trail Grappler M/Ts, which have decent on road ratings but will still clear mud and will be good for gripping those rock ledges.

Last edited:

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the BF KO/KM were the goto tire for off-roading, yet nobody mentioned them and everyone seems to be talking about the Nito's

Did I miss something?
Overpriced and overrated. Just my opinion of course with the KO2s. I've been happier with so many other tires and paid way less for them. I have not tried the KM3s yet and in fact are one of the two or three tires I may switch out to for spring and summer, but the KO2s are an expensive compromise tire.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just think about the weight of the spare when you switch from GY to nitto RGs. Your rear door is def sagging.
Yeah, that's why I'm waiting to put on a swing arm bumper exactly for that reason.

Sponsored

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You see, completely clogged, and that's not even in mud, just slightly damp soil.​
Ford Bronco Dumb Tire Question - why change stock Sasquatch tires for new ones? 1643898672955
Obviously eastern Kansas based on the fact there are trees!

Last edited:

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My "I kinda know what I'm talking about" comment was a snarky response to your snarky "appreciate your OPINION" comment.

What makes my comments not just opinions is the fact that I can post evidence to support them.

Here's another pic of the tire's terrible performance. You can see I've not gone through some big mud hole or anything like that, there is no mud on the fenders, body, or wheels, just a clogged up slick of a tire with ZERO traction. Only MT tire I've ever owned that couldn't clear out mud at any level.

You see proof I DO know what I'm talking about....

Screenshot_20220203-053658_Gallery.jpg
Sorry but that picture proves nothing if you just came out of the damp dirt at slow speed then stopped, noticed it and snapped a photo. Been there, seen the same with really high quality tires and also with crappy tires. Not saying they’re good tires just saying one picture showing them filled with dirt proves nothing and if you have as much experience as you say you do you know it too.

Edit: Now that I see the tires you’re comparing them to it makes more sense. But my comments regarding mud build up at slow speed still stand for the vast majority off off road tires most will put on a rig that’ll be driven on and off road.

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Overpriced and overrated. Just my opinion of course with the KO2s. I've been happier with so many other tires and paid way less for them. I have not tried the KM3s yet and in fact are one of the two or three tires I may switch out to for spring and summer, but the KO2s are an expensive compromise tire.
Really? I can't speak to the performance, but price-wise they don't seem really any different.

My used Wrangler came with the KM3 And I absolutely love them but after reading between the KM's and the KO's I figured my next batch would be the KO's just because of their better on-road wet and snow performance.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? I can't speak to the performance, but price-wise they don't seem really any different.

My used Wrangler came with the KM3 And I absolutely love them but after reading between the KM's and the KO's I figured my next batch would be the KO's just because of their better on-road wet and snow performance.
Haven't decided yet but the KM3s are probably my top choice for my summer tire. You really liked them?

Just checked on pricing and they have really come down compared to what they used to be. That goes for the KO2s also. My complaint about the KO2s is that traditionally they have been overpriced for what you get and there are better tires out there. Either they have come down lately due to competion or the others have come up, either way they are as well priced as most the other tires out there at least on Discount Tires site.

If I was going to run one tire year round and I lived in snow country it would be the Falken AT3W. It really is superior in the snow and ice compared to the KO2s, are great on the road, wear nicely, and provide summer traction on par with any all terrain tire.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Obviously eastern Kansas based on the fact there are trees!
Yes, SE Kansas in fact. This is at Kansas Rocks Recreation Park.
Sponsored