Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oliver Ford Plymouth In straight folks third generation owned small high volume dealer prefer repeat business less than 2 hour drive from your area.

Sponsored

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Push this up the chain at the dealership and with Ford. Keep a communications record. It’s a lot of effort but you have been wronged and this Ford dealer should suffer a larger financial consequence which usually means bad PR. BBB should be involved as well but they’re largely toothless to a shady dealership. As I said before, “infuriating”.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.

During this 1.5 year wait, did they ever give you any indication they were not selling you a Bronco whenever you contacted them? What has your salesman been saying whenever you contacted him? Do you have emails or texts between you and the dealership over this time period that indicate it was your order? How about the paperwork from when you placed the order?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
As I recall, FORD is supposed to penalize, reduce allocations to any Dealer pulling this kind of crap....they are supposed to be cross checking final sale to the reservation holder. I would flame this business to death and I would go straight to the top at Ford Motor Company. Also, check your local laws, but it is generally legal to picket a business on the public side walk. I would get some friends together, make some signs (with truthful statements) and picket the place. Tell the General Manager that they will never be able to measure the thousands in lost sales they will never get because of screwing you over. Go to the local TV Media that does this kind of reporting and get a story/interview. Dealers doing this must be stopped.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's just a small pos small town stealership. I was thinking I was helping the little guy. I learned my lesson. That specific little guy can you know what off.
These are the type of dealers that really shouldn't be pulling crap like this. Word spreads fast in small towns. Not like they get a huge amount of sales to start with. The last thing they need is bad publicity.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base

#FORD #BADBUSINESS

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I would be furious. I'm actually mad for you just hearing this. I wish I was a millionaire I'd buy one that's out on the market for sale right now with an ADM and give it to you.

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Isn’t that mechanic from youtube from Dundee Ford? The same guy that says you cannot drive in 4A and will ruin your transfer case lol. This happened before with that dealership and he decided to make a video of the reasoning. I lost my respect from him right there.

EDIT
for your viewing pleasure “no communication and then wanted a mark up” lol

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are the type of dealers that really shouldn't be pulling crap like this. Word spreads fast in small towns. Not like they get a huge amount of sales to start with. The last thing they need is bad publicity.
Exactly. The dealership is basically the owner and two other people. At any given time the bozo has like 5 or 10 fords on his crappy little lot. In today’s world, I really do want to help the local small business, but with autos I’ve learned my lesson thanks to that jackwad.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
800 Dundee Ave, East Dundee, IL 60118
The GM, Alec, has been there for less than 2 months. He's blaming it on Ford. Ford is blaming it on Dundee Ford.
Typical slash and burn type GM. Maximize his profits for this calendar year to max his bonus, then he’ll move on to the next dealership and leave the dumpster fire for the next guy. I worked as a consultant in dealerships from 2006-2020, I saw an advanced game of musical chairs. The bad GM’s kept cycling around dealership to dealership in the same market. I don’t know how these guys keep getting hired.

With Ford’s “strict” name match policy they should lose allocation. My dealership will not allow me to use my second reservation to buy a Bronco as a company vehicle for the company I work for. It cost them my four Maverick orders, but they said hard no because of the name match policy and loss of allocation.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company couldn’t care less about you. I recommend buying a Jeep or some other competitor’s vehicle. This will be my last Ford vehicle. Truly disgusted by this company.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yep. I called Ford twice to let them know about the dealer that did it to me. Doubt if anything happened. The talking heads that answer the phones were probably just pretending to type on their keyboards.
Sponsored