First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
pure luck. And you shouldnt have to make buying a vehicle your life until it gets delivered.
Luck? Oh thats right...nobody should have to do anything anymore...Have fun in life LOL
Sponsored

Rootdog

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What a doofus (video above). The OP probably should have checked the order more often and stayed involved but the excuses that guy just vomited out are ridiculous. Those accessories were probably worth about $400 at most and could easily be removed. If the bronco is so desirable and sells so quickly, why the need to “accessorize” to sell it. How about an email, phone call or wait a couple days to give the person that ordered a chance to pick it up. Sounds like they had it sold before they even got it. Also seems like a sales pattern this dealer uses often.
I had a great experience with my dealer (Bill Dube, Dover NH) and really feel for anyone that has to deal with this behavior.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luck? Oh thats right...nobody should have to do anything anymore...Have fun in life LOL
That's not what he said. He said you shouldn't have to make buying a car a part of your life until you get it. That is not an unreasonable statement. The luck part might be in reference to Northern IL dealerships because finding an honest one would be pretty lucky.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The other thing with me, is after the fact, I called Ford to ask about my Fordpass rewards points. I was told by the phone answerer that I had to talk to the dealer about them. Granted some of them were for purchasing the vehicle which I technically didn't (only because the dealer sold it out from under me), but hell will freeze over before I communicate in any form with that dealer again.

So what happens with my points @Ford Motor Company

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
I’ll never buy an
I don't think there is one honest dealership in Northern IL. And yet the fanboys and company men are on here day and night defending FORD on the Bronco rollout (noting that these humps are the ones who got the truck first if not their 2nd, 3rd, and 4ths).

Northern IL sucks for car buying (among other things). The more stories we get like this only confirms the hypothesis. It's amazing what you can get used to. Like waiting 800 days...
Central Illinois isn’t much better. If you want an honest dealership go to Roanoke Ford in Roanoke Illinois. We’ll drive the three hours from now on to buy from them. I’ve bought two vehicles off them and tried to have my BRaptor switch to them. Ford wouldn’t allow it and it cost me.

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
OP
OP
First Name
Marta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
About 1 ½ years ago, I placed an order for my very first brand new car.

I have been gitty with excitement for such a gluttonous yet very exciting purchase. About a month ago I finally got the email with my VIN and build date. Last week Ford sent me 2 emails. First saying my Bronco is built. The next, telling me it shipped to DUNDEE FORD and it would get there on my 50th birthday! DUNDEE FORD would then reach out to me to finalize the sale..

DUNDEE FORD did indeed get my order, but they sold it to someone else on 10/23. Im sure they made quite the profit on it..I spoke to the General Manager, Alec Freeman..He told me the car was never mine. I then received an email shortly after from DUNDEE FORD with confirmation of my deposit refund.

The order is now closed since the car is sold (again, not to me). Fords reply was to wait until the orders opened up and try again.
#FORD #BADBUSINESS

At the end of the day, Ill always have my Sexy Flexy, my health and my loves. But I thought it important to share the horrible business practices at DUNDEE FORD.
Author
• Sleepy Hollow

Thank you for the replies and advice. I've put it on numerous social media sites. I called Fords main line. They are the ones who said sorry, you'll just have to get back in line. While I do have all emails regarding my order, I dont believe it is a contract. The dealerships can do what they want with someone else's order. On 9/23 Dundee Ford called me to tell me Ford was moving me to a 2023 and no build date yet. In hind site, I should have known that was wrong, as that Vin was mine and Ford does all the communicating with me. That must have been the day my car was promised to someone else. But then on 10/16, I started getting emails from Ford with my build date, shipping etc..Also confirmed Vin and order number. Dundee Ford says it's Fords fault, that they don't know what happened. My husband went in to talk to them. While they were apologetic, they stand their ground that they did no wrong. But at the end of the day, that car came in with my Vin and they sold it.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lmfao!!! Kwame isn’t doing sh#t. Illinois politicians are the most corrupt people in the country.
Ouch, sorry to hear that, but perhaps is it the real basis of your issue….. corruption….

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In order for this dealership to place a reservation to begin with, they needed your information, the customer information. The way I see it, they just used your identity, name, address, email address to get a product that they never intended to sale to you. What would that be called?
Is it ffrrraaaauuuuuddddd?

JR

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Author
• Sleepy Hollow

Thank you for the replies and advice. I've put it on numerous social media sites. I called Fords main line. They are the ones who said sorry, you'll just have to get back in line. While I do have all emails regarding my order, I dont believe it is a contract. The dealerships can do what they want with someone else's order. On 9/23 Dundee Ford called me to tell me Ford was moving me to a 2023 and no build date yet. In hind site, I should have known that was wrong, as that Vin was mine and Ford does all the communicating with me. That must have been the day my car was promised to someone else. But then on 10/16, I started getting emails from Ford with my build date, shipping etc..Also confirmed Vin and order number. Dundee Ford says it's Fords fault, that they don't know what happened. My husband went in to talk to them. While they were apologetic, they stand their ground that they did no wrong. But at the end of the day, that car came in with my Vin and they sold it.
Did money exchange hands, and did you sign anything?

JR
Sponsored