First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They need to work to move orders to other dealers that have allocation but I am sure dealers don’t want to lose the sale. Most likely this is part of the trouble people have had trying to move orders because the order is with the dealer you selected and they most likely do not want to release the order. The allocation for the year should equal what they can produce for the year. It’s all about the dealership being upfront and letting you know yes or no with some degree of confidence they can deliver. Obviously some dealerships have allocation otherwise new orders would not be able to get built or scheduled. Also that is how dealer stock orders are being filled. They either have no buildable customer orders or just have more allocation than orders so there stock orders go through.
The the issue.
Dealers complained so they got a scaler allocation.
but now dont want to loose the sale over all.
YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.
But dealers are always in control
Sponsored

RideEmCowboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Mustang,'08 Honda Civic,'03 15hh QH Paint mare
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice work but I think you need a separate chart for each dealership

edit: and then maybe by trim
edit: and maybe two separate lists for walk ins vs. reservations
edit: and maybe a button that just scrambles up all plots
I second the motion for breakdown by trim. We know the higher trims have parts delays. There were also mumblings a while back that Ford was taking a page from Tesla's playbook and prioritizing the higher trims for more profits. That would contradict the parts delay theory, but all things being equal, things never are.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The the issue.
Dealers complained so they got a scaler allocation.
but now dont want to loose the sale over all.
YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.
But dealers are always in control
Agree. I think if pressured hard enough it could be moved. I have seen some offering to cancel orders but then time stamp would be lost. I see on the Lightning reservations many dealers learned and are telling some reservation upfront they have little or no allocation. I think everything was exacerbated when dealers were overselling and asking for huge orders to be filled out if the gate…which triggered other dealers to force Ford’s hand to change allocation. If it would have been like what I see on the Lightning at least you would have known upfront.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m a Dec 24, 2020 reservation. 2 door, race red big bend. 2.7, mid package, hard top. Removed all constraining items except 2.7. “reordered” for ‘22 on November 9, 2021 and got my “in production” email on Nov 18th for week of January 17, blended 2/18 and est delivery is 2/16. Mid size dealer in Dallas Metro area. So I’m not sure your calls are correct. I do know my dealer was shocked that I got the email - they were trying to prep me for 2023!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s good information and all but I dont think it factors in Micro chip holds. Mine was built 2 weeks ago and is still there on a chip hold. Dirt mountain all over again
Did your dealer tell you you’re on a chip hold? How do you know?

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree. If the dealer has allocation more than they have orders, or if they have allocation and no buildable orders, anyone can walk in and order and get scheduled IF it has no constraint. Everything is broken down to the dealer level. Reservations do matter but for the given dealer you selected. If the dealers orders are buildable units then the dealers allocation will be filled based on time stamp of those orders. That’s why you can get orders from some dealers and not others and why some are ordering now and getting scheduled.
I was the 225th rez at my dealer and jumped a lot of other customers in line. So I think it’s 💯 at the factory level.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree. I think if pressured hard enough it could be moved. I have seen some offering to cancel orders but then time stamp would be lost. I see on the Lightning reservations many dealers learned and are telling some reservation upfront they have little or no allocation. I think everything was exacerbated when dealers were overselling and asking for huge orders to be filled out if the gate…which triggered other dealers to force Ford’s hand to change allocation. If it would have been like what I see on the Lightning at least you would have known upfront.
Exact. Dealers like Granger KNEW the allocation process early and were begging for orders so they could get higher allocation. Then had to cancel orders because they had to many.

BassMaster

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did your dealer tell you you’re on a chip hold? How do you know?
Dealer called me this morning. Told me they were notified my build is a micro chip hold with no ETA

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reservation holders are the more loyal people that will wait it out. Ford knows this. So, take a walk in person and they want to order one. If the dealer says you will get it next year, that person most likely walks away and no sale. Ford knows this. So, make your reservation holders wait in line ( loyal people) behind the walk ins (non loyal people) to generate more sales. And if you're concerned about allocations, don't worry about that. The dealer can get past that with so many schemes and hey, they can push the reservation holders off longer if that's what it takes.
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR FOLKS. NOT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
AMEN...AMEN...AMEN

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s definitely about the dollar but regardless if reservations or no reservations Ford can sell more of these than they can build. If they had taken zero reservations you would probably still be looking at the same amount of orders as they have today. The dealer is wanting to capitalize on the fact the demand is overwhelming. Why do you think they want ADM? It’s about the dollar. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. Just my opinion. If dealers would have stuck with their normal patterns and buyers would have just went down to their local dealer and ordered I really think things would have been different.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s definitely about the dollar but regardless if reservations or no reservations Ford can sell more of these than they can build. If they had taken zero reservations you would probably still be looking at the same amount of orders as they have today. The dealer is wanting to capitalize on the fact the demand is overwhelming. Why do you think they want ADM? It’s about the dollar. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. Just my opinion. If dealers would have stuck with their normal patterns and buyers would have just went down to their local dealer and ordered I really think things would have been different.
For now they can sell more...Unless we become the next Venezuela...the tide will flip, and if the latter is the case...it won't matter!!

Ma_Deuce

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RAV4 Limited and a 2019 Jeep trail hawk 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you OP for putting the time into making this. I’m going to preface this by saying that waiting sucks. We all knew there were chip shortages and supply chain issues. The reservation is really nothing more than a sudo preorder though. Tie in the hard top debacle with COVID and now here we are. Let’s not forget though that the production didn’t start until June. That means it’s only been 7 months of actual production. So saying you’ve been waiting for a year and a half is a little far fetched. You’ve been waiting 7 months but have been hyped for a lot longer. FoMoCo has screwed up this launch and the customer pays. That doesn’t mean we can really count the time before production. It’s not like they were making them and not sending them out to us. I completely understand the dealer allocation. Some big dealers made promises and price incentives to pull people in like gang busters. Some people are ordering from half way across the country. This is no different than Amazon coming in and ruining the mom and pop because they can. No they are fighting to keep their vehicles coming. People chose to do that and it’s biting them in the ass. How would you feel if it was your job suffering because of some big company/dealer coming in and stealing your preorders and money. This does not excuse bad dealerships at all. They have every right to fight for fair allotments like they would normally get. Let’s hoping the production and second webasto factory help move things along. In the end you get to vote with your wallet or just plain move to something different. While it sucks to wait. I will sit here and wait for my Bronco to come in. I am not happy but what can I do in the end besides pick a different car. This is what I want and I picked the parts I wanted. I am not going to compromise that for a vehicle I plan to keep for 7-10 years. I know I will piss some people off with this but I feel it has to be said. We are all too close to this and need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Again, I hope everyone can get their Bronco before MY23 comes out, myself included.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For now they can sell more...Unless we become the next Venezuela...the tide will flip, and if the latter is the case...it won't matter!!
True! I was just saying making reservation holders wait really wouldn’t stretch out demand because demand is already greater than production and probably will be well into MY23 to possibly MY24 if supply chain and chips remain constrained.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you OP for putting the time into making this. I’m going to preface this by saying that waiting sucks. We all knew there were chip shortages and supply chain issues. The reservation is really nothing more than a sudo preorder though. Tie in the hard top debacle with COVID and now here we are. Let’s not forget though that the production didn’t start until June. That means it’s only been 7 months of actual production. So saying you’ve been waiting for a year and a half is a little far fetched. You’ve been waiting 7 months but have been hyped for a lot longer. FoMoCo has screwed up this launch and the customer pays. That doesn’t mean we can really count the time before production. It’s not like they were making them and not sending them out to us. I completely understand the dealer allocation. Some big dealers made promises and price incentives to pull people in like gang busters. Some people are ordering from half way across the country. This is no different than Amazon coming in and ruining the mom and pop because they can. No they are fighting to keep their vehicles coming. People chose to do that and it’s biting them in the ass. How would you feel if it was your job suffering because of some big company/dealer coming in and stealing your preorders and money. This does not excuse bad dealerships at all. They have every right to fight for fair allotments like they would normally get. Let’s hoping the production and second webasto factory help move things along. In the end you get to vote with your wallet or just plain move to something different. While it sucks to wait. I will sit here and wait for my Bronco to come in. I am not happy but what can I do in the end besides pick a different car. This is what I want and I picked the parts I wanted. I am not going to compromise that for a vehicle I plan to keep for 7-10 years. I know I will piss some people off with this but I feel it has to be said. We are all too close to this and need to take a step back and look at the big picture. Again, I hope everyone can get their Bronco before MY23 comes out, myself included.
Well said, on point. Also, I been waiting since 1997..👍🏻
Sponsored