Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm getting a Badlands. Really want the ACC though, because I have artificial parts in my driving leg.

Unfortunately, Badlands isn't without it's shortcomings. There is a $1500 gouge on Badlands owners that upgrade to Lux versus OBX/WT trims.

$5095 BL vs $3485 OBX/WT for the exact same thing. It's a little disappointing. Especially seeing as there isn't any reason for it aside from them wanting it. The packages are all identical.

Aside from that, I'm happy as a clam eating sand.
That's because the OBX and the WT come with the mid package standard so they discount the other packages by the mid package price.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is one of the last area's I'm currently undecided....Sasquatch gives the Badlands wider fender flares and 35" tires correct? Am I missing anything else?
...and forged bead lock capable wheels, and a little bit more lift, and taller gears (in automatic).

Streetbob08

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Harley.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting the 2dr Badlands in Carbonized Grey with 2.7L, Auto, Sasquatch, High and tow packages. I will also add the Additional roof sound deadening If that is not included in the additional sound deadening that is already in the High package. I'll also have them get me the roof rails with cross bars but install them myself.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am getting the 2dr Badlands in Carbonized Grey with 2.7L, Auto, Sasquatch, High and tow packages. I will also add the Additional roof sound deadening If that is not included in the additional sound deadening that is already in the High package. I'll also have them get me the roof rails with cross bars but install them myself.
Nice!
Same as I am ordering.
I will wait for the black painted factory top though.

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Build:
Shadow Black Exterior
Hard Top, Molded-in Color (MIC)
Hard Top Sound Deadening Headliner
Roof Rails with Crossbar
Paint Protection Film
Wheel Lock Kit
Engine Block Heater
Leather-trimmed Vinyl Seats
Floor Liners - Front and Rear
Storage Bag – Front Row Top Panels and Door
Lux Package
Towing Package
2.7L EcoBoost Engine (once glitch is fixed in the build and price and I can add this without it removing some of the above items)
4.7 Locking Rear Axle Final Drive Ratio

Accessories:
Roof-Mounted Cargo Box with Locks
Yakima Awning - Retractable
Off-Road/Track Air Compressor Kit
Off-Road Underbody Lighting Kit - Amber
**Also thinking about the Pod Lights and one of the hitch-mounted bike carriers

Tire & Wheel Replacements:
Then I'll replace the stock 33" tires with 33-34" Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx and I'll replace the stock 17" wheels with 20" Mickey Thompsons - either the Sidebiter II or the 336B MM-366

I'm going ALL IN on this Badlands - it's a once in a lifetime chance to do this and I can't not go balls to the wall on it!

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Badlands Build Pic

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Cooper Discoverer S:T Maxx

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Mickey Thompson Sidebiter II

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Mickey Thompson 366B MM-366

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like your gonna be a Freebird with this Beautiful Bronco ??

LynyrdSkynyrd

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like your gonna be a Freebird with this Beautiful Bronco ??
I can’t wait for mine that’s for sure! And to that end I can’t wait to see so many others out there too - it’s going to be a beautiful thing on the road.

? ?? ?

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been deliberating like mad...
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1603720136651

But everything keeps pointing me back to Badlands. In particular, since I really would like to have the manual transmission and front/rear lockers, the Badlands seems the only way to go for the moment. I am very curious how the "late availability" manual sasquatch situation is going to play out, but there's no way I'm waiting unless it's like a 1 month bump. Already been waiting 20 years, and I'm ready to play.

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... 1603720584879

Thank you for this thread of positivity and joy <(^_^)>

Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... excited-bears

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, need some help from people in the know.

Short background... this vehicle is for my 35 year old wife who does not 4X4 and never has, she works at the mall of all places lol. But she loves the Bronco and wants one so I obliged. She hates the BB interior, she likes the BD but there are sacrifices without high package and the headlights. She hates the OB flares and mirrors (her quote was, “I don’t want a bitch ass Bronco with painted fender flares”) and we question if and when we’ll be able to rid the vehicle of the god awful flares and mirror caps. Plus the interior, it’s a sacrifice but the Navy leather isn’t as bad as that horrific cloth they showed.

So I’m pushing her to a BL because I personally have bought vehicles I sacrificed for and it’s not good. You just end up wishing you got what you wanted later. This is due to the vinyl and the high package.

A few questions...

1) suspension. The suspension on the BL is the bilstein setup I think? Compare says “unique.” I’ve seen it compared to the Rubicon and having never driven one I have no idea what to expect. Is this going to be an unforgiving suspension due to the extreme off-road expectation of this model?

2) Same as 1 kind of. Drivability. Daily driver with 33’s. Is she going to hate this? She drives a Cruze now so by no means a luxury vehicle. But she is going to be livid if I push her to a higher end model and she hates to drive it.

3) Anything else I’m missing with the Badlands that I should take into account? Gearing? I’ve seen the differentials but I can’t say what each one means as far as how the car behaves. I know that neither of us will ever use the sway bar disconnect or the lockers.

It just seems silly to spend 44K on an OB with leather you like but don’t love when you have to modify it after market to make it better. Especially when the BL is 3K more and has all the extra goodies you may never use. BL just seems like a better value, I’m just not sure it’s right for her if it’s too extreme.

Sorry for the novel, TIA.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short background... this vehicle is for my 35 year old wife who does not 4X4 and never has, she works at the mall of all places lol. But she loves the Bronco and wants one so I obliged. She hates the BB interior, she likes the BD but there are sacrifices without high package and the headlights. She hates the OB flares and mirrors (her quote was, “I don’t want a bitch ass Bronco with painted fender flares”) and we question if and when we’ll be able to rid the vehicle of the god awful flares and mirror caps. Plus the interior, it’s a sacrifice but the Navy leather isn’t as bad as that horrific cloth they showed.

So I’m pushing her to a BL because I personally have bought vehicles I sacrificed for and it’s not good. You just end up wishing you got what you wanted later. This is due to the vinyl and the high package.

A few questions...

1) suspension. The suspension on the BL is the bilstein setup I think? Compare says “unique.” I’ve seen it compared to the Rubicon and having never driven one I have no idea what to expect. Is this going to be an unforgiving suspension due to the extreme off-road expectation of this model?

2) Same as 1 kind of. Drivability. Daily driver with 33’s. Is she going to hate this? She drives a Cruze now so by no means a luxury vehicle. But she is going to be livid if I push her to a higher end model and she hates to drive it.

3) Anything else I’m missing with the Badlands that I should take into account? Gearing? I’ve seen the differentials but I can’t say what each one means as far as how the car behaves. I know that neither of us will ever use the sway bar disconnect or the lockers.

It just seems silly to spend 44K on an OB with leather you like but don’t love when you have to modify it after market to make it better. Especially when the BL is 3K more and has all the extra goodies you may never use. BL just seems like a better value, I’m just not sure it’s right for her if it’s too extreme.

I'd expect the non-sasquatch badlands with 33" all-terrains to be a comfy drive (also due to the IFS), but I'm not speaking from experience. I too hate the painted fender flares, so I'm with ya on that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been deliberating like mad...
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... excited-bears

But everything keeps pointing me back to Badlands. In particular, since I really would like to have the manual transmission and front/rear lockers, the Badlands seems the only way to go for the moment. I am very curious how the "late availability" manual sasquatch situation is going to play out, but there's no way I'm waiting unless it's like a 1 month bump. Already been waiting 20 years, and I'm ready to play.

Thank you for this thread of positivity and joy <(^_^)>

Nice build. I am on the fence with getting the paint P. as well. Do you think its worth it?

OP
OP
Gpscharron

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few questions...

1. Suspension is rock solid. Worth it.
2. 33” with BFG tires will feel great.. almost as good.
3. You do not need to worry about gearing unless you change something later.
4. Good luck!

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going from 2 door cyber orange Badlands to Outer Banks. I want the roast and onyx black interior. Will outfit it with Sasquatch to get 35" tires. Will miss the sway bar disconnect and the metal rear bumper. Will actually be $1K more than the Badlands.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd expect the non-sasquatch badlands with 33" all-terrains to be a comfy drive (also due to the IFS), but I'm not speaking from experience. I too hate the painted fender flares, so I'm with ya on that.
Thank you! Appreciate it! Not knowing when I can remove the fenders has her not wanting the OB lol. I have laughed very hard at how much she despises it, she told me if we can’t remove them immediately she doesn’t want it ?

1. Suspension is rock solid. Worth it.
2. 33” with BFG tires will feel great.. almost as good.
3. You do not need to worry about gearing unless you change something later.
4. Good luck!
Thank you! I have bilstein shocks in my Challenger and they’re amazing but I didn’t know if these would be stiffer snd make on road action a bit rough. In the B&P I’ve noticed all the different gear ratios between models so wasn’t sure how much that changed the vehicles.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going from 2 door cyber orange Badlands to Outer Banks. I want the roast and onyx black interior. Will outfit it with Sasquatch to get 35" tires. Will miss the sway bar disconnect and the metal rear bumper. Will actually be $1K more than the Badlands.
Switching for just the interior?
Sponsored