Sponsored

Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait...

Badlands Wheel Set Options -What are you getting?

• 1. Stay with standard rim / 33”wheels

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • 2. Upgrade rim only- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum (Stay with BFG)

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • 3. Upgrade- 17” Hi-Gloss Aluminum & tire to 33” MT (Goodyears)

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 4. Sasquatch Pkg.

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • 5. Stay with standard rim / wheels BECAUSE WILL GET AFTERMARKET

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My current direction on my Badlands build:

2.7L Auto
High Package
Tow Package
Soft Top (still debating if MIC or wait until modular is available)
Color... well, still TBD, just know it is not CO or the reds. At least there is time to decide, right? :)
Sponsored

GravityDancer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands is perfect but.. I REALLY am wanting the roast interior for it instead of black. That’s the only reason why I’m contemplating getting OBX over BL.. The wheels/tires on BL are way better, and it’s obviously way more capable.. That roast interior is calling me, though.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands question: On the walk-through videos, I haven't seen the hero switches full. I feel like either the sway bar disco or trail turn assist are missing. Arent there supposed to be 6 buttons up top. The far left space is always empty. Sorry if this has been addressed already.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands is perfect but.. I REALLY am wanting the roast interior for it instead of black. That’s the only reason why I’m contemplating getting OBX over BL.. The wheels/tires on BL are way better, and it’s obviously way more capable.. That roast interior is calling me, though.
Interesting as the MGV gray tones of BL is what is swaying me to stick with Badlands... as I am not a fan of either interior options for OBX.

In my price comparison of builds, I could get OBX w/MIC, High package, and leather for basically the same price as BL w/2.7L, High package, and NO MIC.

So basically it seems that what it boils down to for me is the interior colors... and definitely not doing Navy Pier!

Sponsored

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Badlands question: On the walk-through videos, I haven't seen the hero switches full. I feel like either the sway bar disco or trail turn assist are missing. Arent there supposed to be 6 buttons up top. The far left space is always empty. Sorry if this has been addressed already.
Don't confuse "hero" switches (on the dash) with "Aux" switches (which are mounted on the headliner above the rear view mirror. Disco will be a hero switch, plus other vehicle features like diff locking. Aux switches are for accessories like lights, compressor, etc.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't confuse "hero" switches (on the dash) with "Aux" switches (which are mounted on the headliner above the rear view mirror. Disco will be a hero switch, plus other vehicle features like diff locking. Aux switches are for accessories like lights, compressor, etc.
If you look at B&P, both WT and BL have 5 hero switches. Shouldn't BL have 1 more then any other trim with the disco?

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you look at B&P, both WT and BL have 5 hero switches. Shouldn't BL have 1 more then any other trim with the disco?
Just guessing here...
Ford only wants to manufacture one switch panel form factor. So everyone will have the switch position for the Disco, but it will be disabled on all but BL.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just guessing here...
Ford only wants to manufacture one switch panel form factor. So everyone will have the switch position for the Disco, but it will be disabled on all but BL.
I could definitely see that

GravityDancer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting as the MGV gray tones of BL is what is swaying me to stick with Badlands... as I am not a fan of either interior options for OBX.

In my price comparison of builds, I could get OBX w/MIC, High package, and leather for basically the same price as BL w/2.7L, High package, and NO MIC.

So basically it seems that what it boils down to for me is the interior colors... and definitely not doing Navy Pier!
Right, and as different people have different opinions, it’s still very hard to make a decision. I actually have both my OBX and BL builds at the same price ($638/month for 60 months). Both are great and the OBX’ MSRP is $20 more than the BL.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Everything Badlands: For Positive and VERY Excited future BL Owners!! Plan & Wait... Screen Shot 2020-10-28 at 11.11.04 AM

All the B&P nonsense didn't impact my original choice either way, with the exception of the headliner not being available with the 2.7.

Cactus 4 door
MIC top
Lux
MGV seats (I don't mind the orange accents at all. I really like the pop of color they add)
Floor liners
Add'l door bags

Was originally looking to skwatch it, but I realize now that I actually really like the standard wheels and BFG 33's. I went against the upgraded wheels, since at that point, another $1500 puts me at sqwatch and I already know I don't want it. Worse comes to worst, I'll get them powder coated in carbon grey for $200, if they end up being too shiny...but probably not.

Last edited:

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2-door and 4-door badlands. The heart wants a 2-door, head says 4-door.

Also debating on sasquatch. I'd like to know what the "high clearance suspension" means and is it different than the "Badlands unique suspension"?.

If the only difference is that the sasquatch includes a minor puck body lift, suspension travel limiter, 35" M/Ts on beadlock capable wheels and the different fender flares then I don't really care and will save the money.

For my use case A/T tires will be better anyhow.

But if the sasquatch "high clearance suspension" is something that would cost a fortune to do yourself, then I'll take the package and swap out the tires.

firelo724

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello fellow Badlanders. Super excited for my build to get here and to see this positive group. Im Going with:

Velocity Blue or White (Cactus Gray another strong possibility only if the end color ends up being less green and more gray)
Squatch
Lux (was on fence for a while due to mixed reviews on the B&O system but am going to give it a shot)
MGV
2.7L
Tow Pkg
MIC top
Floor Liners
Auto Start

Also, (new to the forum so I apologize if this has been addressed) has anyone thought of a potential lift kit? I had thought about possibly forgoing the squatch and going straight to larger tires, a wheel with more of an offset and a higher end lift kit. Just curious if anyone has thought about going this route?

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2-door and 4-door badlands. The heart wants a 2-door, head says 4-door.

Also debating on sasquatch. I'd like to know what the "high clearance suspension" means and is it different than the "Badlands unique suspension"?.

If the only difference is that the sasquatch includes a minor puck body lift, suspension travel limiter, 35" M/Ts on beadlock capable wheels and the different fender flares then I don't really care and will save the money.

For my use case A/T tires will be better anyhow.

But if the sasquatch "high clearance suspension" is something that would cost a fortune to do yourself, then I'll take the package and swap out the tires.
How do you plan to use your Bronco? Will you need a 4 door most of the time or rarely? If rarely, and your heart wants a 2 door, get the 2 door. If its 50-50 use, probably opt for the 4 door.
Sponsored