Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While extra storage space in the 2-door would be nice. The wheelbase and overall length were obviously chosen to get the off road angles up to and beyond (with Sasquatch) the Wrangler. Everything else was secondary to those marketing department demands.

The solution would be to make the rear seats easily removable or simply optional in the first place.
For sure they made the two door the way it is to beat Jeep at its own game and get better angles then it. Totally nailed it in that regard.

But yeah if they made the back fold fully flat or made it so you could maximize space back there then that would have gone a long way. The rear seems to be a bit of a afterthought.
Sponsored

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly question. Whats the difference in all these "2dr guys" minds between an extended 2dr and the 4dr. Its the exact same concept. Is a 2dr more manly and that is whats trying to be salvaged? Fold the seats down in the 4dr and you have all the extra room you're looking for
To me, It's the unique factor. Something different from all the 4 door vehicles on the road.

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The little extra wheel base would be nice, and I don't need the rear doors, or the extra cargo space. I'd just like it for the handling and yes, the look.

I will only be interested in a Bronco pickup if they offer a 2D, or maybe a 2D extended cab. The 4D Gladiators are wayyyyyy too long.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The shorter the better. Which is why I always preferred the CJ-5 over the CJ-7 -- and everything that came after it.
I think Jeep (and Jeep-like vehicles) started adding doors and length to be 'all things to all people'.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’m loving everything about the new Bronco. However, seeing how small the two door ended up being it has left me feeling that Ford didn’t fully capitalize on the Bronco being a roomier more civilized Jeep.

What do you guys think?
I think we are VERY lucky that there is a 2-door at all. The majority of Jeep sales are 4-door and the same will be true in the long run for Bronco.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I currently have a '05 Wrangler LJ Rubicon and yes it is the perfect length. That said, if you're designing a vehicle that will be offered in both 2dr and 4 dr, the Bronco wheelbase makes perfect sense. Neither will be all things to all people. When the LJ was built there were only 2dr Wranglers.

My only design complaint, from a size standpoint, is they should have about 3" more rear overhang. But, they were aiming directly at Wrangler with departure angle so that's not possible. BTW my '05 LJ has more rear overhang than a Bronco and will drag the hitch sometimes, but hey it's iron so who cares.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shorter the better. Which is why I always preferred the CJ-5 over the CJ-7 -- and everything that came after it.
I think Jeep (and Jeep-like vehicles) started adding doors and length to be 'all things to all people'.
I think there was maybe 1" of storage space in my CJ5... but I loved it at the time (high school). Very narrow and very short. And very unreliable. I think the tub was 20% bondo.
Ford Bronco Extended 2d Bronco “LJ” 1612204433821

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I still have my 05 LJ (105k miles), used to be my DD and now sits in my garage. The LJ is definitely better for offroading and the interior space. Its the perfect in-between of 2dr and 4dr JKU/JLU.

Even though its 15yrs old, I could sell it for $18-$19k any day of the week as people are always looking for clean LJs.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see 4dr's as adult and practical, like "I gotta think about the family!" when half the people aren't even dating or engaged.

Most of my friends have that "I'm 30, time to start thinking about settling down, time for a family vehicle" and I'm like "I'll get there when I get there", hence why I prefer the 2dr, besides the purist aspect.

That all said, should make a inbetweener for the Bronco and also the JL

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are VERY lucky that there is a 2-door at all. The majority of Jeep sales are 4-door and the same will be true in the long run for Bronco.
We are indeed VERY lucky. I realize I’m being a bit of a brat here but I truly do think it would be the perfect size Bronco.
It would basically be like shrinking the big gen 2-5 Bronco and giving it a first gen look. Truly combining them. I just think it would be so cool and be the most versatile Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still have my 05 LJ (105k miles), used to be my DD and now sits in my garage. The LJ is definitely better for offroading and the interior space. Its the perfect in-between of 2dr and 4dr JKU/JLU.

Even though its 15yrs old, I could sell it for $18-$19k any day of the week as people are always looking for clean LJs.
That’s awesome and this is exactly my point. They don’t call it the “holy grail” of Jeeps for nothing. The resale value would be the highest for sure.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s awesome and this is exactly my point. They don’t call it the “ holy grail” of Jeeps for nothing. The resale value would be the highest for sure.
It even hauls 12’ lumber lol! Wanted to leave the truck at home and drive the jeep that day.

002131E0-CF7C-45D4-842F-C3AFAC9FB357.jpeg

OP
OP
BroncoRevital

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It even hauls 12’ lumber lol! Wanted to leave the truck at home and drive the jeep that day.

002131E0-CF7C-45D4-842F-C3AFAC9FB357.jpeg
So damn cool. Some of these people just don’t get it. This is the perfect size. Look at that. It works as a truck too. It looks like cactus gray in the shade there 😂.

What size tires are those?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So damn cool. Some of these people just don’t get it. This is the perfect size. Look at that. It works as a truck too. It looks like cactus gray in the shade there 😂.

What size tires are those?
They are 35/12.50/15 STT Pros.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No nothing to do with manly lol. For me the four door is just too long. I like a nimble vehicle. Having that short wheelbase is much more maneuverable, agile and trail friendly.
I just think a Bronco with a 104” wheelbase would be the perfect size.
I plan on getting a two door and taking out the back seats but I’d ideally like a little more room as I’d like to use it for overloading but don’t want to give up the agility of a smaller wheelbase. Going with the four door is still on the table for me but the fun factor lessens for me with that long of a vehicle.
I hate 4 doors and just think a Bronco is a 2dr and that 4dr is blasphemy, but I do understand the business decision to do a 4 door; gives more options for everyone.

Besides all of the very valid reasons you've mentioned, yes, I think the 2dr can be used for overlanding; use a roof rack.

I ordered the rack and plan to stash my jerry cans, tent, and MaxTrax up there. may add a shower pod on one side and the shovel and axe. My tent is a ground tent.
Sponsored

Last edited: