Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E450, R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good day All-

I hope you are well.

My local dealer was just telling me that the ESP from Ziegler/Flood and others are not the same as the one they offer and it is hard to find out, would have to look at other forums like mustangs or others. He was saying that they do not cover the same exact items like suspension issues and such?

Anyone have thoughts on this? Just getting a new Bronco with the Sasquatch package and want to make sure it is covered all the way. Like saving money but if I am going to get less coverage that is not cool Anyone know the details?

Best regards, Tony
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

LoneRider

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If it's Ford's ESP it is the same. Is the dealer trying to sell you something OTHER than Ford's ESP?

He just wants your money - ask him to get IN PRINT the differences and I bet he has no means to do so.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer offered ESP and another warranty they had selected. They warranty they were pushing had a few more bells and whistles. Based on the price I could get from Granger on the ESP warranty, the cost savings was so great it made no sense to consider the other.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Keep in mind aftermarket warranty’s are not easy to deal with when issues arise. I would stay with ford ESP even if it doesn’t offer as much coverage. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flood and Granger are both selling Ford's ESP warranty (as are lots of others); they just reduce their markup drastically more than many others. Not having been in the room I'll try to be kind and say I believe your dealer may be less than fully informed.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All Ford ESP plans are the same. It is the riders that makes them different, although you can get the riders through any dealer. I bought the lights and fob riders. I think there is a tire/wheel rider and a windshield rider.

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s the same. Dealer is a scum.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

trying to figure this out, why is the granger cost $500 less than my dealers cost for the same thing if the granger warranty really is ford protect...

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

trying to figure this out, why is the granger cost $500 less than my dealers cost for the same thing if the granger warranty really is ford protect...
Granger saved me $1100 on the same 8 yr 100K Ford ESP as my dealer. It really is a Ford Product, it showed up on my FordPass App the day after purchase.

wade65

Badlands
First Name
Wade Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 1965 Mercury Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer was pushing hard on a 3rd party extended warranty. I usually pass on these plans but I plan on keeping the Bronco for a while so I told them I would only go with a Ford plan and I would not pay more than what Granger would charge me. I showed them the post from Granger on my phone and they matched the price.
I'm sure they get a bigger kickback on the 3rd party plans and that is why they sell them.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have wondered the same thing for years.

The seemingly obvious answer is that places selling Ford Protect policies at giveaway prices online like Granger or Flood must be getting a discount from Ford based on higher sales volume. Last I checked, Flood was selling ESP’s for less than COST at my local dealer. It would certainly seem that they are able to buy the policies for less than other dealers.

Washington D.C. region zone rep once told me “they can’t do that”. but they have been doing it for years.

Either that or they are just in the business for fun and don’t mind losing money on every contract which seems pretty unlikely.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good day All-

I hope you are well.

My local dealer was just telling me that the ESP from Ziegler/Flood and others are not the same as the one they offer and it is hard to find out, would have to look at other forums like mustangs or others. He was saying that they do not cover the same exact items like suspension issues and such?

Anyone have thoughts on this? Just getting a new Bronco with the Sasquatch package and want to make sure it is covered all the way. Like saving money but if I am going to get less coverage that is not cool Anyone know the details?

Best regards, Tony

My dealer told me the same exact thing. He said Flood Ford was in the middle of a lawsuit because they were selling Ford ESP warranties that didn't cover labor only parts, and that is why they were so cheap. I looked high and low for evidence of this and found nothing. 🤷‍♂️

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Fortunately, Ford isn’t interfering with Granger selling their extended warranty for a great price. Now, if they would only find it in their hearts to do the same with the actual vehicle!
Sponsored