Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you list out your changes made. Trying to make sure you didn’t change the fog setting from LIN to direct wire as I’ve seen others mistakenly do before.
726-39-01 0301 00xx 00xx
726-39-02 xx00 01xx 00xx
726-42-01 0101 01xx
726-71-02 xxxx xxxx 01xx
IPC
720-01-02 xx80 xx80
720-02-02 xx0a xx0a

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
726-39-01 0301 00xx 00xx
726-39-02 xx00 01xx 00xx
726-42-01 0101 01xx
726-71-02 xxxx xxxx 01xx
IPC
720-01-02 xx80 xx80
720-02-02 xx0a xx0a
Your change in line 720-01-02 is wrong. It should be the following setting. The “—“ is the last two digits aka the checksum

720-01-02 xxxx 9x—

My original Badlands Lux coding for reference in case you need to revert that line: 720-01-02 0A27 80DB

I only changed the 8 to a 9 which enables fog lights on the dash, which is what you’re missing.

Also as a reminder the last two digits in a line are checksum and don’t need to be changed ever. You can change them if you want but you won’t gain anything. ForScan will calculate the necessary values and apply them no matter what.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your change in line 720-01-02 is wrong. It should be the following setting. The “—“ is the last two digits aka the checksum

720-01-02 xxxx 9x—

My original Badlands Lux coding for reference in case you need to revert that line: 720-01-02 0A27 80DB

I only changed the 8 to a 9 which enables fog lights on the dash, which is what you’re missing.

Also as a reminder the last two digits in a line are checksum and don’t need to be changed ever. You can change them if you want but you won’t gain anything. ForScan will calculate the necessary values and apply them no matter what.
I left out the last 2 digits and checksum. The spreadsheet shows them blank anyway...
So I have....
720-01-02 xx80 xx80 xx__

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My switch should be arriving today...
Just heading into work...
Just to summarize, the panel the switch mounts to just flips down?
And there are a couple of settings in ForScan to enable? This is the dual fog setup....
Thanks!
Yup finally supposed to be dry I’m hoping to get some ditch lights wired up to the rear fog switch. I think I’ve got enough information to find the wires necessary to make this happen.

Last edited:

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought on reallocating puddle light switches? Have a Wildtrak without puddle lights. So when my dual fog light switch arrives I was hoping to repurpose the switch for the puddle lights (L & R) to operate the ditch lights mounted on the mirror arm.

Looking for opinions/facts on whether or not this would work with a little FORScan magic and if possible is there an existing 18awg wire in the mirror harness?

Hopefully this community came fathom this or point me in a direction that already has achieved it.

Thx!

Screenshot_20220427-192657_Chrome.jpg
If someone has found an override for the puddle lights to stay on above 5mph that could work. I have the puddles and switches and wouldn’t mind setting it up like this if they could be used at a decent speed.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left out the last 2 digits and checksum. The spreadsheet shows them blank anyway...
So I have....
720-01-02 xx80 xx80 xx__
If that’s the case you’re changing all the wrong bits and are using data that’s incorrect because the total length of that line is 6 bits long not including the checksum, in total it’s two four bit blocks long.

Your first change (8) alters the rate at which your distance until empty is updated and turns off engine/ignition on chime (nothing of real issue honestly)

The second one (0) turned off what appear to be just some telltales for various things, again nothing severe but 7 would be the proper setting for any Bronco model.

The third one (second 8) is the first bit of the checksum and the fourth one (second 0) is the last bit of the checksum. There is nothing beyond that to be changed.

Just trying to help you in that you missed changing the correct bit and are changing far too much. It’s a single bit change and you don’t need to duplicate the change in the line. There are only 6 possible entries you can make changes to in that line

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone has found an override for the puddle lights to stay on above 5mph that could work. I have the puddles and switches and wouldn’t mind setting it up like this if they could be used at a decent speed.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that’s the case you’re changing all the wrong bits and are using data that’s incorrect because the total length of that line is 6 bits long not including the checksum, in total it’s two four bit blocks long.

Your first change (8) alters the rate at which your distance until empty is updated and turns off engine/ignition on chime (nothing of real issue honestly)

The second one (0) turned off what appear to be just some telltales for various things, again nothing severe but 7 would be the proper setting for any Bronco model.

The third one (second 8) is the first bit of the checksum and the fourth one (second 0) is the last bit of the checksum. There is nothing beyond that to be changed.

Just trying to help you in that you missed changing the correct bit and are changing far too much. It’s a single bit change and you don’t need to duplicate the change in the line. There are only 6 possible entries you can make changes to in that line
I appreciate the help...
Obviously I fucked it up. Getting a rear seat belt monitor error and lane keep assist info went missing on the dash. Lol
I'll restore my backup and write out everything I need/want to change.
Trying to do this from a shitty netbook with a half-ass battery and trying to read the tables from a cellphone screen doesn't cut it... And makes it easy to cock it up.
Can you do a selective module restore or gotta do it all?
Thanks again

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the help...
Obviously I fucked it up. Getting a rear seat belt monitor error and lane keep assist info went missing on the dash. Lol
I'll restore my backup and write out everything I need/want to change.
Trying to do this from a shitty netbook with a half-ass battery and trying to read the tables from a cellphone screen doesn't cut it... And makes it easy to cock it up.
Can you do a selective module restore or gotta do it all?
Thanks again
I believe it depends on what you backed up I’m not actually too for sure on that one. I think you can selectively restore modules if you backed them up individually before making a change. Also I think you can individually restore modules from the as-built online but again I’ve never actually performed a restore so not the most capable at giving advice

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im s'pose to ignore the X's and modify the * bits, correct?

Jshocker

Raptor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, GT500, Volvo XC90, Bronco, Transit250
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Order on 4‐22 & received 4-28.

Now time to get to work on making this happen and getting those puddle lights working over 5 mph.

I will be looking for any help 😁

20220428_174326.jpg

WildMike

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup finally supposed to be dry I’m hoping to get some ditch lights wired up to the rear fog switch. I think I’ve got enough information to find the wires necessary to make this happen.
Where will you connect the ditch lights to make them work with the rear fog switch?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where will you connect the ditch lights to make them work with the rear fog switch?
Probably at the back where the factory lead is for the rear fog light.
Not directly off the switch*
Sponsored