Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The following are my fog light enabling configurations - if you have access to FORSCAN, you can compare if your settings are the same:

BdyCM CONFIGURATION:

Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"

Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed" (this is optional)

IPC CONFIGURATION:

Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"

BdyCM (As-Built Configuration):

726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the middle-four values (xxxx) to 0101
Sponsored

TJC

Base
First Name
T.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tricycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can anybody with a Base and plastic bumper tell me or show pics of how they tied into the factory fog light wires at C203? I believe wires 43 and 48, but I could be mistaken...?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hoping someone on the way to SEMA can help me. I am leaving from Vancouver, BC Tuesday.
I installed the factory switch w/ fog light option, had a dealer activate the system in Forescan, and hooked up fog lights with wires already in the harness. I am getting a solid ground, and the fog light on the dash illuminates when button is pushed on. not getting a signal from the switch to the fog lights. Maybe not done properly from Dealer??
Possibly the BCM is not reading it??
I'm stuck on this one. Is there anyone that will be around RPG Off Road on Friday, that knows how to do this, that could help me out?? Headed to SEMA Saturday, with a stop at Bronco Knoll on the way. Please PM me and let me know. I would appreciate a fellow Bronco Brothers help...... Thanks.
Test it for power with a voltmeter. If you are getting power, the issue lies in the connection between the pigtail and the light. We make a pigtail that plugs right in BTW but you said you are on your way to SEMA so that might not help.

If you are NOT getting voltage, it's not enabled all the way. There are a few places you have to enable in FORSCAN to make this work.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Test it for power with a voltmeter. If you are getting power, the issue lies in the connection between the pigtail and the light. We make a pigtail that plugs right in BTW but you said you are on your way to SEMA so that might not help.

If you are NOT getting voltage, it's not enabled all the way. There are a few places you have to enable in FORSCAN to make this work.
I am getting a solid ground. No power to the lights, but power to the switch I have a guy that can do the forescan in Vegas, but need the layout for him. Do you have that?
I had a ford guy do it, but I think he only did the switch, and not the bcm part that is my guess any help is appreciated, and needed thanks

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am getting a solid ground. No power to the lights, but power to the switch I have a guy that can do the forescan in Vegas, but need the layout for him. Do you have that?
I had a ford guy do it, but I think he only did the switch, and not the bcm part that is my guess any help is appreciated, and needed thanks
I don't remember the codes. I usually refer to this thread for the FORSCAN info. Wish we had a sticky at the very top though with the data. It's burried in here in numerous places

Sponsored

foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Factory Fog lights are also LED, and though I couldn't find the spec anywhere, I'd guess they are also about 20 Watts each, so roughly 40 Watts total. Rigid makes a set of OEM Replacememnts, Also 40 Watt total draw...

If you want some of them running on the OEM switch and wiring,, I think I'd stick to just one pod on each side through the OEM setup, and run the other 4 off an Aux switch...
That seems like alot less power than I expected based on the setups I've seen people run.

Is everyone that has ran the factory fog light switch setup using the lowest output 4 led options from BD or DD? The Diode dynamics "Pro" ss3 and Baja squadron pro both consume 40w each for 80 total.

I guess I'll just use an SS2 as my "fog" and use the upfitter switches for the others.

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking to install the Baja Designs Foglight kit on my Bronco when it arrives. Trying not to take up three upfitter switches so my plan is to use one upfitter for the two smaller pods on each side and then using a factory fog light switch for the Amber fogs. Since my truck will have the modular bumper I know I’ll have to swap in the switch but was curious to feedback. Couldn’t I wire that switch directly to the battery with a fuse and use an inline relay to control it via a trigger from the fog light switch. I would just have to figure how to get the foglight switch power if it doesn’t from the factory harness. Thanks!
Any idea the power draw that the OEM fog light harness can handle? I am installing the Rough Country Triple fog light kit to my factory harness and OEM switch but worried it may be a lot more power then the actual OEM fog lights. I’m considering installing a relay that is triggered by the factory harmess but powered off of its own circuit

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea the power draw that the OEM fog light harness can handle? I am installing the Rough Country Triple fog light kit to my factory harness and OEM switch but worried it may be a lot more power then the actual OEM fog lights. I’m considering installing a relay that is triggered by the factory harmess but powered off of its own circuit
I ran the numbers on this once before for the factory draw, The factory lights are about 20 Watts each, so 40 Watts total, so a little over 3 amps.

I'd be more concerned about running the voltage for those lights through the Body Control Module than the harness (Which is where the power for those lights come from). So if you really are going to run all 6 lights off the single factory ouput I would use a relay.

Depending on your state's inspection laws, such an arrangement is also likely to fail, as most states don't allow more than 4 forward lights to be on at once.

I would try to run just two of the RCs through the factory switch/wiring, and run the other four from an independent swith (Factory AUX switches if you have them)

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ran the numbers on this once before for the factory draw, The factory lights are about 20 Watts each, so 40 Watts total, so a little over 3 amps.

I'd be more concerned about running the voltage for those lights through the Body Control Module than the harness (Which is where the power for those lights come from). So if you really are going to run all 6 lights off the single factory ouput I would use a relay.

Depending on your state's inspection laws, such an arrangement is also likely to fail, as most states don't allow more than 4 forward lights to be on at once.

I would try to run just two of the RCs through the factory switch/wiring, and run the other four from an independent swith (Factory AUX switches if you have them)
Right. The body control module is my concern (though the small 18 gauge wire is sus too) I’m not concerned with inspections and am just going to use a relay to control them. I don’t want to take up an aux switch. I already have the relays to do the job. Thanks for the reply.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right. The body control module is my concern (though the small 18 gauge wire is sus too) I’m not concerned with inspections and am just going to use a relay to control them. I don’t want to take up an aux switch. I already have the relays to do the job. Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, 18 Gauge maxxes at about 10 amp, so you'd probably exceed that too.

The only other possible hurdle I can see is if the BdyCM relys on a load on the circuit to keep from throwing an error, The relay coil might not be enough, and it will decide your fog lights are not working... Could probably fix that with a small resistor in line if it happens.

Sponsored

DunawY

Wildtrak
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, 18 Gauge maxxes at about 10 amp, so you'd probably exceed that too.

The only other possible hurdle I can see is if the BdyCM relys on a load on the circuit to keep from throwing an error, The relay coil might not be enough, and it will decide your fog lights are not working... Could probably fix that with a small resistor in line if it happens.
That’s interesting. Last night after I enabled them in forscan I turned them on (no lights attached) to ensure the dash lights and switch worked and I didn’t get an error. Hopefully the coil will cover that,

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went through a ton of posts and saw the forscan settings for the front fog lights, and got those working. But can’t find the steps to enable the rear foglight. Anyone?

Last edited:

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't tried this yet (planning on this tomorrow), but go into Configure and do these:

BCM - Rear fog enable
IPC - Rear fog enable

Let me know if these work, if you get a chance to try.

Crash98

Wildtrak
First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just went through a ton of posts and saw the forscan settings for the front fog lights, and got those working. But can’t find the steps to enable the rear foglight. Anyone?
Check the forscan section and pull up the Google docs that lists all the Forscan mods.

Jersey250

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

can I use the free version or do I need to get the paid version of Forscan.
Sponsored