Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how did you secure that bracket to the side? how easy is it to remove the extinguisher with the bracket?

Is the rear seat cupholder too basic?The hanging bracket is secured to the side panel so it doesn’t rattle or fall out.
FC436E67-5A12-48A9-824F-D049E40370A4.jpeg
Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

303A1FEB-9221-402F-8796-3452E44F8D78.jpeg

[/QUOTE]

Pro tip - if you use a white paint marker on the OE bolts and put the trim piece back on you see exactly where the paint transfers on to the trim so you can drill a nice clean 1in hole for the @DesertDoesIt bolt bracket. I hope I don’t have to take mine ever, went too liberal with the blue locktite for a non hex head bolt.

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_2511

Last edited:

Ctal

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Awesome mount

IMG_4357.jpeg

Sponsored

ChrisCozart

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond (non-Sas.)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
how did you secure that bracket to the side? how easy is it to remove the extinguisher with the bracket?
Just sticky backed Velcro so I can easily remove the bracket if I need, but keeps it secure enough. I suppose a 3m double side sticky would be better but not removable.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the 2 door not having much roll bar space due to the seat belts, I went with a basic rear door install.
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20240112_131048

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Misadventure Lab guys did some testing on fire extinguishers, basically the old school ones and the blanket are the only ones that did the job.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Misadventure Lab guys did some testing on fire extinguishers, basically the old school ones and the blanket are the only ones that did the job.

Not really a great test imho. Element is definitely situational though. Check out the vid below by a firefighter testing it in various scenarios. I also keep a Prepared Hero blanket in my truck as well, which would be better with smoldering fire scenarios and most likely engine fire scenarios.

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A fire extinguisher is really only good to "help someone else out" an under-hood fire will probably total the truck....
On the road, I would let it burn.
Off road, I would want to protect the environment more than my car.

Sponsored

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve put a 2.5lbs extinguisher under the driver seat using some mounts from DDI. If I need an extinguisher I don’t want to have to run around to the back and get the tailgate open to use it 😅
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20240112_131048
Is it totally out of the way and not annoying? I’d like to mount a BC extinguisher there and an ABC extinguisher in the back

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it totally out of the way and not annoying? I’d like to mount a BC extinguisher there and an ABC extinguisher in the back
I never once bumped it with my feet. I'm on the shorter side at 5'9" and kept my seat pretty far forward, never had any issue.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5’11 and sit with my seat almost all the way to the back. My heel is up against a 3” diameter extinguisher.. I think even a 2.5” would too unless you got a super low profile mount which DDI makes this but too expensive for me. I’m trying to find a similar quick release solution for half the cost with quick release pull in a better angle. I’ll post a picture when I do get.

Last edited:

BlarneyStoned

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really a great test imho. Element is definitely situational though. Check out the vid below by a firefighter testing it in various scenarios. I also keep a Prepared Hero blanket in my truck as well, which would be better with smoldering fire scenarios and most likely engine fire scenarios.
I've almost pulled the trigger on buying a few of these so many times, but in the end I keep coming back to that the only time I really seem them working is in controlled tests almost always involving a fire in a container with a fuel that doesn't become hot enough to self-ignite. Bottom line is that even if I had one of these, I'd probably still keep a traditional fire extinguisher and/or fire blanket in my rig which kind of defeats the main advantage of these.

Also, they are apparently not authorized for sale/use in California: https://www.osfm.fire.ca.gov/media/ax5jc0sl/ib_23-002_element_fire_ext.pdf
Sponsored