Sponsored

Deleted member 49144

Changed to drivers side.

IMG_4801.jpeg

That’s nice, I like that one. I’m sure they have it in different colors? Does it damage any of the paint underneath? I’d try to put some felt under there if it doesn’t come with it.
Sponsored

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s nice, I like that one. I’m sure they have it in different colors? Does it damage any of the paint underneath? I’d try to put some felt under there if it doesn’t come with it.
Yep, thin felt. It’s just a cleaner install.

Ftchmup

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 20 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not too sure I want to be reaching inside the vehicle if it’s on fire. But I might be brave enough to open the tailgate

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_0086
Unless someone is in danger, I’ll just wave goodbye to the Bronco.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_0259
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_0251
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_0253

https://mountainoffroad.com/products/fire-extinguisher-bracket-for-ford-bronco-4-door-2021

Available for the left or right side. Not cheap but very, very stout. Unfortunately we have a very tall fridge so there’s a gap on the side to clear the lid.

Unfortunately I have my recovery boards on the driver side. But the fridge won’t always be in there.

I added the thin rubber pad on the backside although it mounts solid enough that it won’t rattle and hit, it’s there just if you bump it or have something pressing on it.

I was surprised at how close it mounts to the speaker. But it fits like a glove.

The bracket is proudly made in the USA out of 11-gauge steel and powder coated black.
It’s not as cheap as the Chinese mounts. It was about $75 shipped. But I appreciate how well made it us and how well the fire extinguisher is securely held.

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just installed the Builtright molle panel. Looking for good fire extinguisher mounts if anyone has pics or links.

0513231254_HDR.jpg

0513231210a_HDR.jpg

jclark

Badlands
First Name
Jeanette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loading up for our week long overlanding trip in Colorado, decided to whip up a bracket for my fire extinguisher!

Can flip it around a few different orientations and put on the opposite side all together. This configuration keeps it high and tight!

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 0513231210a_HDR

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 0513231210a_HDR
I'm looking for an option that will allow the 4-screw plates of some of the extinguisher mounts to bolt to. The one on your product page currently doesn't appear to have the second set of mounting holes like are shown here. Did the production design change?

Sponsored

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well....after measuring a couple of times, we went to drop the top all the way back yesterday and one of the bows on the soft top was hitting the fire extinguisher and preventing the top from going all the way back 🤦‍♂️.

So I ordered a new aluminum quick release mount off Amazon and mounted the fire extinguisher to the tailgate table. And yes, I did confirm that the bottom of the extinguisher wasn't hitting the tail gate when the table is folded down.

ljARW0W.jpg

Random6g

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used a combination of suggestions from this site. The Bartact bag was too loose and rattled around. The metal bracket that came with the extinguisher had a hasp that seemed like it would come loose when off road or in a collision. I modified the bracket and used the bag together with the modified bracket and it is rock solid now. Still easy to remove.
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20230720_130831
Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs 20230720_130848

Edalrymp

Wildtrak
First Name
Venoxiss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, Challenger R/T Shaker
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just posted a video of my setup here. Anyone else done something similar?

Anyone have the issue of no rear bolt locations?
2 door wildtrak 2023
Honestly just curious at this point, more 4D & 2Ds seem to have some sort of bolt holes available.

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_6278

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_6279

Last edited:

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What paper screws work in the back mounting area? Where can you buy the ones that fit in the bronco?

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI - the hole on the back of the 2 door rollbar can be threaded with an M10 x 1.5 tap.

Anyone have the issue of no rear bolt locations?
2 door wildtrak 2023
Honestly just curious at this point, more 4D & 2Ds seem to have some sort of bolt holes available.

Ford Bronco Fire Extinguisher Mounting in the Bronco - Show Your Installs IMG_6279
Sponsored