Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, liking the overall proportions, the confirmed rear mounted spare, decent sized wheelwells, and I'm glad it's now pretty much 100% confirmed that at least some of them will be IFS. Definitely excited to see our first 2 door prototype because that'll be the one I'm after.
Sponsored

Bricknose jav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Bronco
Behold, as we bring you the first actual (non-mule) Ford Bronco (U725) prototype caught by our photographer testing in Dearborn!!

Up until now Bronco prototypes wearing the production body have been testing only internally and under the cover of darkness to avoid detection. Ford’s finally decided it’s time to let the world see an actual prototype after it released a teaser video last week of a Bronco powertrain/frame mule wearing a modified Ford Ranger body.

This first camouflaged look reveals a four-door Bronco wearing heavy cladding over the entire roof and rear end/trunk. The front clip and grille are heavily disguised with padding and vinyl camouflage. Nevertheless, we can see that the design hints at an upright stance with a clean, boxy design and upright pillars leading to short front and rear overhangs which should please the off-road crowd. The prototype shows a good amount of ground clearance and a spare wheel on the swing gate complemented by what appear to be production intent tail lamps. The side view shows a low belt line for good visibility and side mirrors which appear to be mounted on the A-pillar (as opposed to the doors).

2021_Bronco_001.jpg
2021_Bronco_002.jpg
2021_Bronco_003.jpg
2021_Bronco_004.jpg
2021_Bronco_005.jpg
2021_Bronco_006.jpg
2021_Bronco_007.jpg
2021_Bronco_008.jpg
2021_Bronco_009.jpg
2021_Bronco_0010.jpg
2021_Bronco_0011.jpg
I like the box look just don’t make it look to much like a Jeep

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, this helps answer quite a few questions!

1. definitely round wheelwells
2. Windshield rake looks just barely steeper than the R, but not hugely. I'd imagine the silhouette of the R is pretty close to production
3. SUPER flat windshield
4. Could be the wrap playing tricks, but fenders look relatively flat... somewhat disappointing
5. 6 bolt hubs
7. mirrors mounted off the door
8. super flat windshield :eyeroll:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sent this to my friends, let's see what they think

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now we need the magicians on these boards to whip us up a couple of renders and we'll be set!

The camo is throwing me off... the top cover making it look too top heavy. And as others have said I'd like to see some slope to the rear cap as well. I'm worried the 4 door version is going to look like a beefed up Flex or Jeep clone... neither of which do I want. Then again I was always planning on the 2 door version.

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, this helps answer quite a few questions!

4. Could be the wrap playing tricks, but fenders look relatively flat... somewhat disappointing
I think they are wider than you think...the wrap looks pretty pushed out on a few pics.

I really think the Type R gave a bunch of right in your face hints of what we should expect the overall design will look like.

I have a '99 Ford Sport Explorer I'm ready to retire 20+ years later for this new Bronco. I'll be going 4 door though...

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Looks like a Ranger Raptor suspension. Note the trailing link mounting locations and the upper a-arm ... except maybe a panhard bar instead of a watt's link?

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 2019-ford-ranger-raptor-im-test

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! ford-ranger-raptor-chassis

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 2019_blue_ford_ranger_watts_link

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now we need the magicians on these boards to whip us up a couple of renders and we'll be set!

The camo is throwing me off... the top cover making it look too top heavy. And as others have said I'd like to see some slope to the rear cap as well. I'm worried the 4 door version is going to look like a beefed up Flex or Jeep clone... neither of which do I want. Then again I was always planning on the 2 door version.
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! plan

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like a Ranger Raptor suspension. Note the trailing link mounting locations and the upper a-arm ... except maybe a panhard bar instead of a watt's link?
The 5 link rear was one of the things the specifically called out as being production based on the Bronco R, so I guess this could be some confirmation of that?

Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Part of me wants a under mount spare.....vs rear mount.....

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, when do you think they'll release the photos of the 2dr?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Part of me wants a under mount spare.....vs rear mount.....
Plenty of room for that with the Ranger's truck bed, not so much with the axle so close to the back on the Bronco, I guess.
Sponsored