Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These two photos clearly show the two different ride heights. And I donā€™t think weā€™re looking at two separate vehicles.

A1923C72-B98D-4022-83D3-96EA36C7BB19.jpeg

1510D069-64EA-47CD-A4DC-8107858C12F5.jpeg
I saw this as well. It's very clear that the top picture with the lower ride height is in motion and with quite a bit of snow falling from the underside and bumper. Indicating to me that the driver is hard on the breaks here or is moving at a decent speed and the suspension is compressing.

It is very interesting though as it is a substantial difference. I cant imagine they have an air ride but wow that would be something. It's either that or the suspension is pretty soft here.

The ride height on the bottom picture is really impressive.

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
Itā€™s very possible itā€™s just pitch/roll but the bottom of these two pictures in my opinion would require excessive roll considering heā€™s driving on ice with the wheels straight...

05AFAB01-81E0-4D74-BA13-E7329B23FA90.jpeg

B515FE20-F883-489C-B7F3-0EA1DED8783C.jpeg

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ofcourse as soon I clock into work this gets released.... there is way to much padding on this truck to know whatā€™s going on. At least we know we can build on it as it looks like a brick right now. Canā€™t wait for this camo to shed some layers!

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely a staged photoshoot. IIRC the baby had a shoot in the same spot accompanied by articles talking about its special polkadots.

As, expected, loads of cladding:
  • Practically a mattress worth of foam or whatever on the roof.
  • Front grill is buried several inches behind a sheet of cardboard or w/e.
  • Even the hood and fenders appear to have an inch of foam on them hiding the lines. As well as a strip hanging down from the mirror covering the door hinges.

Rear door:
  • Spare tire seems to be attached directly to the door with no room for additional mechanism, so it is the load bearing tire carrier.
  • The spare tire mount has the third light on it, so the roof is probably fully removable. I'd bet there's a wiper hidden back there too, and probably a retractable window if they're going out of their way to minimize technical components and weight into the roof.
Glass:
  • Nicely upright windshield with a slight curve to it, worth plenty of NVH points.
  • I'm happy to see the belt line relatively low, making for a large upright greenhouse with a good view. Hopefully this carries over well into the rear windows too.
Build:
  • The wheel wells don't match front to back. I think the front one has a lot of extra camo -- prob tied into the fake bumper hiding the approach.
  • Looks like an XLT trim which is what the all season/terrain tires would suggest too
  • IF those are 18" rims it would make those 30-31" tires (makes sense for standard trims), and it puts the wheelbase at 112" which lines up with previous predictions
  • Lots of room around those brakes for a smaller rim and taller side wall
  • I'm pleased to see the ride height where it is, don't care much for the blah trim side step
  • Glimpses of the interior suggest a very upright dash/panel

I was worried at first, it looks a lot like the baby from a distance / on a phone. With a proper screen it looks pretty good proportion wise. Still waiting to see more.
I share all these takes as well. To add I would like to point out a few other bits.

1. The hood bump/rocker thing is hidden with the extra camo raising from the front fenders and in turn the wrap conceals the hood bump.
  2. The front fenders have heavy camo and stick out further then the two doors. Basically hiding the type of fender lip.
  3. There is extra cladding and camo on the hinges of the front doors. Indicating to me that they are hiding removable door mechanisms.
  4. The departure angle is going to be fantastic. That looks like a production bumper with just wrap on it. The approach angle is looking promising as well as you can see where the front wheel well losses it shape towards the front (maybe a quarter of it) indicating a Bronco R like front fender/bumper that way. The front protrusions seem to hide the front two tow hooks.
  5. The roof camouflage is a major indication of roof removal or at least major panel removal and thats awsome to see.
  6. The rear view mirror inside seems to have some excessive blacked out area around it. I'm wondering if there is some heads up display or extra tid bits of some kind there.
I'm not liking the rear top being so straight up and down in the back but I'm sure that's more camouflage concealing the taper. If it is like that it looks way too much like a Jeep and Defender in the rear.

Anyone know what that long skinny bar across the rear axle is?

P.S. This is awsome! Finally!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3.0 EB in the 'raptor' version? i dont think anyone is expecting that...
I promoted the idea across several platforms for over a year, it wouldn't surprise me at all. I got sick of hearing so many people willing to just accept the 2.3L "good enough for now" engine in the Ranger. If it's just a hybrid though, not interested.

Why is no one talking about the different ride heights seen in these photos? Unless these are pictures of two different vehicles, this thing has air ride which would explain the covering up of the ā€˜coil springā€™ on previous leaks.
If it has some active air suspension system like a Land Rover or Lincoln I am definitely out. I don't have several years more to wait to see if its a total flop or maintenance disaster.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My measurements put it at 30.3-30.5, so the company selling them probably calls it 31" --- based on the assumption of 18" rims and 112" wheelbase, with 18's being pretty standard for mid level trims and 112" being the number we ended up at after starting at the mules for months.
Probably being so thin doesn't help how it looks, but I agree it is probably closer to a 30 than a 32.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Oh,, don't get me wrong, I do to

Just what's it weigh vs a Coyote or 2.7?
The way vehicles are loaded down these days, does anyone really care anymore.
Doesn't seem like it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Itā€™s very possible itā€™s just pitch/roll but the bottom of these two pictures in my opinion would require excessive roll considering heā€™s driving on ice with the wheels straight...

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! cdxtGpFvNVBQtBPZAIvhCMprTq9f-dINmSxEhTzgb9zES3bX&s

Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! cdxtGpFvNVBQtBPZAIvhCMprTq9f-dINmSxEhTzgb9zES3bX&s
Some kind of adaptive suspension (spring) could answer why there does not seem to be a sway bar on the rear axle
(although that could have been adapted to forward of the axle, for better departure).

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
One thing to consider, IF there is some sort of air/active suspension option , the front IFS with a sway bar disconnect and some computer Tom foolery could be made to mimic a front straight axle in ā€˜rock crawlā€™ mode. Possibly by sharing air between the front air springs. (Left front tire gets pushed up and sends pressure to the right side pushing the right down like a straight axle).

Sport or eco mode could lower the bronco on the highway etc for better handling/mileage.

I have no proof of that Iā€™m just spitballing.