Sponsored

First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler 2.0T
One thing to consider, IF there is some sort of air/active suspension option , the front IFS with a sway bar disconnect and some computer Tom foolery could be made to mimic a front straight axle in ā€˜rock crawlā€™ mode. Possibly by sharing air between the front air springs. (Left front tire gets pushed up and sends pressure to the right side pushing the right down like a straight axle).

Sport or eco mode could lower the bronco on the highway etc for better handling/mileage.

I have no proof of that Iā€™m just spitballing.
That would be pretty damn cool, not gonna lie. Best of both worlds!

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The same people voting in that poll are the same people that are sad that the Buick Regal TourX was discontinued and they "totally would've bought it" if it came with a manual. Only used of course.

I.E. Retards.
I just was looking to get off the EV vs Ice debate

Of course they're retarded, what else is new? xP

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lived most of my life in Atl, DC, Chicago, Philly where dozens of dealers are at your beck and call. Very different story when you're in a 2-traffic-light mountain town an hour removed from a 'big-3' dealer & 2 hours removed from others.

Give me MINIMUM non-mechanical stuff & I'll sleep much better. Not a question of being scared - just realistic.
I could understand this if it were some sort of computer system that was paramount to the vehicle. But weā€™re talking about an air lift here... if it goesout, then boo hoo you canā€™t look SIK AS FUK on your way to the dealership because your car is only sitting 12ā€ off the ground instead of 15ā€

Then leaves as soon as speeds above 70 or a corner get thrown into the equation

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could understand this if it were some sort of computer system that was paramount to the vehicle. But weā€™re talking about an air lift here... if it goesout, then boo hoo you canā€™t look SIK AS FUK on your way to the dealership because your car is only sitting 12ā€ off the ground instead of 15ā€
My officer manager has a Lincoln Navigator, '98 I believe, since it was brand new.

When the air suspension went and he replaced it with traditional springs. Sure same thing could apply today, just gotta reconfigure the ecu a bit to not panic when it doesn't pick up on the airbag sensors

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ty for posting this

"The manual describes the unique risk of putting out an EV battery fire, namely that ā€œbattery fires can take up to 24 hours to extinguishā€ and require 3,000 gallons of water."

"According to researchers, the techniques that firefighters use for putting out gasoline-fueled fires could actually make the fire worse in a battery-powered car. Researchers say that lithium ion batteries in general pose an inherent fire risk."

"The battery industry has improved lithium ion batteries over the years, but in situations where the battery cells are violently torn apart in a crash, ā€œit's basically like a firecracker,ā€ University of Pittsburgh engineering professor Prashant Kumta told the magazine. ā€œYou have one battery that catches fire, then the next one catches fire and pretty soon theyā€™re all on fire.ā€
Ford Bronco First (Actual) 2021 Bronco U725 Prototype SPIED!! 1579107260110

"The family of a teen killed in a high-speed Tesla crash in Fort Lauderdale recently filed a lawsuit alleging that the battery in the car was defective and ā€œhad inadequate measures to prevent a post-collision fire.ā€ The fire in that crash also reignited several times after it was initially extinguished. "

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man booked in all day meetings yesterday and this! Can we all take a 30 min pause so I can catch up!

Being heavily camouflaged I like what I see, the ride height does intrigue me. At first I thought it was driving conditions but it would take some massive body roll to squat that much. If it does have active suspension is guess it would be an option across the board, I'm pretty torn on that. At least now we know a trickle of information has begun!
Sponsored