Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not for $60,000 we shouldn't. Not even close.
Yeah, you really should. Again, it is what it is. People should be expecting a top without issues, though. No excuse for delaminations and the like.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, you really should. Again, it is what it is.
It is what it is only if YOU settle and number 1: expect and accept a mediocre top on an expensive vehicle and ( I would never enter into an expensive purchase knowing it was poor, shoddy workmanship but that's just me) and number 2: write off a crappy product as acceptable anyway. Might work for you, but not me, so no I will not accept a deficient product.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is what it is only if YOU settle and number 1: expect and accept a mediocre top on an expensive vehicle and ( I would never enter into an expensive purchase knowing it was poor, shoddy workmanship but that's just me) and number 2: write off a crappy product as acceptable anyway. Might work for you, but not me, so no I will not accept a deficient product.
what the hell are you even talking about? šŸ˜‚

This is so easy...don't like it, then don't buy it.

Wolfie272

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler, 19 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s a removable topā€¦ if you donā€™t have a crane in an over height garage, thin and light is goodā€¦ Sounds like you should have ordered a Defender.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, you really should. Again, it is what it is. People should be expecting a top without issues, though. No excuse for delaminations and the like.
A top that is functional, light enough to be removed, sturdy enough to be durable, attractive, cost effective, with parts that can be replaced if a panel breaks.

I think the MIC fits the bill if they can maintain quality control.

Sponsored

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think our expectation of a removable hard top should be that it:

A). Keeps out rain (min requirement for a ā€œtopā€ / ā€œroofā€)
B). Is light weight and easily removable (see ā€œremovableā€)
C). Can be easily reinstalled and maintain features A & B

Everything else is up for grabs. Hell, Ford even offered the MIC less headliner originally.

I think a lot of folks fell for the Broncoā€™s rugged good looks but expect luxury for the price. The price reflects the technology in the Bronco. If you want off road tech + luxury be prepared to shell out $80K to $100Kā€¦.. on a Land Rover.

remember what the Gen 1 Bronco wasā€¦. Hell, what it still is. You canā€™t touch one for less than $80K and it has a steel dash and ā€œseatbeltsā€œ are a luxury.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Report all of this to your dealer so it can be handled at the production site and not later on.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know I will compare the hardtop to my 09 Jeepā€™s and I expect the same if not better quality. However, has anyone on B6G done that already?

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As this is supposed to be a direct competitor with Jeep I think it is a realistic expectation that the top should be at least as good as a Jeep. My JKU and JLU had hardtops and they were neither cheap or thin. I don't know why some folks here jump all over anyone that has some concerns or complaints about their Broncos as they arrive. This launch has been fraught with missed deadlines, (not all Covid related) poor communication from Ford and dealers ending up with sale units that allow someone to just walk into a dealer and buy one while the person waiting over a year still doesn't have a clue when they get theirs. I think a few complaints are justified without being jumped on by the Fan Boys. Ford doesn't need to be defended by them, they deserve their lumps. This was FAR from a good execution.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2015 fiesta st AC blows harder in the auto mode when I'm coasting in gear to a stop. When I clutch in or accelerate the fan motor slows down a bit.

I wonder if you're off the accelerator during those turns, causing something similar?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not referring to the top being shoddily made. I edited my post to clarify before you replied. I'm just saying an easily removable top is going to be "cheap and thin" by nature. The defects are unacceptable.

This is what we should expect:
A top that is functional, light enough to be removed, sturdy enough to be durable, attractive, cost effective, with parts that can be replaced if a panel breaks.

I think the MIC fits the bill if they can maintain quality control.
And also well put:

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TransporterG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The car top should be the engineering and supply chain management you give to rookies and fresh fish new hires. China can build 100 floor skyscraper in three months. Ford can't figure out or scale a simple polymer, molded top in 2 years??? It's not like they are creating a new polymer chemistry. That supplier is not yet fired? Wabas--as--good--as--ass? Embarassing.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything else is up for grabs. Hell, Ford even offered the MIC less headliner originally.

I think a lot of folks fell for the Broncoā€™s rugged good looks but expect luxury for the price. The price reflects the technology in the Bronco. If you want off road tech + luxury be prepared to shell out $80K to $100Kā€¦.. on a Land Rover.

remember what the Gen 1 Bronco wasā€¦. Hell, what it still is. You canā€™t touch one for less than $80K and it has a steel dash and ā€œseatbeltsā€œ are a luxury.
This makes sense to me. Itā€™s logical. Land Rover doesnā€™t have a removable top. Right? I was eyeing the defender but a company that has poor reputation in auto electronics bragging about the amount of sensors they have in the defender made me nervous. Plus, the Bronco just looks better IMO.

It took me a bit on my first Wrangler to get used to simple. But when I brought it in for its free oil change many, many years ago and asked about rattling noise and the service advisor had to try and hide their amusementā€¦yaā€¦that set me straight. I love itā€™s simplicity. Especially the hardtop. As long as it doesnā€™t leak! Which it did when I first got it.
Sponsored