Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flipping it immediately after purchase if you’re lucky enough to land one this summer could probably make you some cash. Flipping a 2022 6 months after delivery, not a chance.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s also a risk of something being wrong with a specific MY21 option. Bad trans, leaky top, electrical issue, or some other random problem that people will write about all over the internet. Based on how this has been going, there will be issues or kinks, I guarantee it. as an owner with a warranty I will put up with it if I get a my21, but most people buying at that point would wait for the next one. There are way better ways to put that money to work.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First off, what do you think Bronco would be worth used, 6 months after purchase?
I have 2 reservations 5 days apart. The 1st is currently #3 out of 24 allocations, the 2nd is pushed to MY22.
Anything I buy on A-plan I have to keep for 6 months before I can sell it.
I'm on the fence about waiting to see MY22 options, vs getting one now.
6 months after purchase, what's the chance of breaking even on a first build if I wanted to proceed with a second, MY22 build with say, the mansquatch, white modular roof, byod rail, green paint, v-8, Filson interior, and 2nd special edition (heritage edition)? You know, every option we have all been waiting and bitching and moaning about!!
But seriously, think I could break even 6 - 12 months after purchase? Depending on build?
Thinking you should consider yourself lucky with 2 early reservations and A-plan. There was a comment from one of the 2 "Big gun" dealers that mentioned a 6 month used vehicle could possibly bring more $$$ than the original purchase price. Other folks that are waiting for a single truck might be looking very askance at your situation though. Especially if they get pushed by via the dealership priority system.

If you can swing the dual payments (straight cash) and then regain your first payment then you have done well).

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Potentially, could be some Off-Road or YouTubers willing to take it to make something of it for their social media accounts.
Ok. I can see some d-bag Youtuber doing this for sure. ?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anything history shows manuals are worth more. Especially in the sports car world.
Yeah, I'm absolutely not concerned about the resale of a manual. I'm not doing this as an investment anyway, so it really doesn't matter. We are talking about the possible difference of 100s of dollars, it's really not something to stress about.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the same boat as you. It's the 6 months that has me worried. I'm thinking about what to do if I can't get what I want in a 21 (I suspect Sasquatch will likely delay me to late fall if not 22). So if I were to get a 21 Badlands could I trade it for a 22 Wildtrak that I really want. For consumers might be iffy, but with A/Z/D plan pricing, I think it should work. My fear is the 6 month rule. If I don't get my 21 till Nov/Dec, and the 22 comes in too early, I've got problems. In my state I'd have to trade to avoid the taxes or it wouldn't work at all anyway.

Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Several thousand? (as in $5K plus?) Okay now I'm curious why you think this? Have you looked at used manual jeeps? Any sort of source?
I guarantee you can flip a day 1 Bronco for +$10k. Probably not to someone on here but to some guy with lots of money.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Piece of shit move...but you do you. After taxes and what not you won't make money, but might be worth it to drive it for six months.

Wolfeman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a 2017 Raptor in January 2017. First day order without any dealer markup. It was totaled 2 years later in 2019 and insurance paid out more than I paid for the truck originally based on comparable sales of used 2017 Raptors. There is a good chance that the 2021 Bronco will behave similarly because of such a high demand and limited supply.

OP
OP
KyTruckPlant

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had tried to convey in my OP, albeit unsuccessfully apparently, by saying that "IF" I were to order a second one. It would never be my intention to use my situation to just flip one for a profit. That's why I inquired as to the possibility of breaking even, instead of talking about rolling a profit into the second build. Yes I agree, THAT would be D-Baggery.

The last new vehicle I bought was a '05 F150 FX4 which is being passed of to my 17 yo son. I buy things and I keep them, usually longer than is economically feasible based on repair and maintenance costs. So please, do not misunderstand my intentions.

Hey, I AM giving up a FE, so I am making some of my fellow Bronco fans' rig's a little rarer, now you'll have one out of 6999!

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had tried to convey in my OP, albeit unsuccessfully apparently, by saying that "IF" I were to order a second one. It would never be my intention to use my situation to just flip one for a profit. That's why I inquired as to the possibility of breaking even, instead of talking about rolling a profit into the second build. Yes I agree, THAT would be D-Baggery.

The last new vehicle I bought was a '05 F150 FX4 which is being passed of to my 17 yo son. I buy things and I keep them, usually longer than is economically feasible based on repair and maintenance costs. So please, do not misunderstand my intentions.
I guess everyone in this thread is anti capitalism.
Sponsored